Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1220
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Author
Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:35 pm Post subject: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - On Progress Reply with quote

Here one upgrade, the trees are not like on the original CC2 with their shadows, thanks to Mafi CC2Spriter tool. Of course I have added the CC5 blue screens, no more green.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

Panzergrenadier87

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:39 pm Post subject: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - On Progress Reply with quote

Looking really awesome!

Probably a silly question, but is there any chance the CC2 maps will be included in a .zip with the download? Just as a point of interest.

Keep on keeping on!

"That man will not hang..."

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:33 pm Post subject: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - On Progress Reply with quote

Panzergrenadier87 wrote (View Post):
Looking really awesome!

Probably a silly question, but is there any chance the CC2 maps will be included in a .zip with the download? Just as a point of interest.

Keep on keeping on!

Probably not, specially because they are the same from CC5 version the size from the mod file would be too big for me.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:16 am Post subject: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Reply with quote

The 1.0 version can be downloaded on www.FirefoxCCMods.com or www.ClanNomada.com , I have compressed all the mod + all the neccesary maps, over 129MB but you will not need additional downloads. Only one tip more, the mod has not been too tested and probably it has some error that I do not know. Perhaps it could be better but I found it fun. Thanks to all the people who they helped me with it.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:00 am Post subject: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Reply with quote

Well done firefox.

Just played the first battle of the GC... sweet!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:56 pm Post subject: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Reply with quote

Nice mod! but... even if Horrocks XXX reinforce shouldnt there be UK infantry? (Picture 1)

Polish paratroopers has USA flag? (Picture 2)

abtf2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  178.27 KB
 Viewed:  8625 Time(s)

abtf2.jpg

btf 1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  177.9 KB
 Viewed:  8625 Time(s)

btf 1.jpg

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:06 pm Post subject: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Reply with quote

Quote:
Nice mod! but... even if Horrocks XXX reinforce shouldnt there be UK infantry? (Picture 1)

and many other things should not be there Smile.

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:28 pm Post subject: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Reply with quote

Bug report

Shell craters are coded as stone windows
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:31 pm Post subject: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Reply with quote

Quote:
and many other things should not be there

that's about as helpful as ... well nothing...   Rolling Eyes

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:44 pm Post subject: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Reply with quote

tip for noobs.

try and add details to bug reports as this can help modders create a quality release.. even a screenshot can help.

Welcome aboard anyway, hope you are enjoying the game.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:29 pm Post subject: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Reply with quote

Quote:
that's about as helpful as ... well nothing...

ohh, sorry, i always keep forgeting that i talk to amateurs.

here you are:

Sherman 76mm - should not be there.
Daimler IV - there wasn't such vehicle in service.
M3 HT - wasn't supplied to UK.
Brits didn't use mounted 3inch mortars .

there are more on same picture Smile.

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:49 pm Post subject: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Reply with quote

oh cheers, that's a good start , thanks for taking my advice.

It's great when someone contributes something positive in a post.

Oh... you've lost your sig.

What a tosser.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:49 am Post subject: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Reply with quote

Dima wrote (View Post):
Quote:
that's about as helpful as ... well nothing...

ohh, sorry, i always keep forgeting that i talk to amateurs.

here you are:

Sherman 76mm - should not be there.
Daimler IV - there wasn't such vehicle in service.
M3 HT - wasn't supplied to UK.
Brits didn't use mounted 3inch mortars .

there are more on same picture Smile.

Well you would be correct if the ABTF mod was not a conversion from the old CC2 ABTF + CC5 ABTF Mod to the CCWAR. Wink

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

ronson

Rep: 36.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:30 pm Post subject: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Reply with quote

Quote:
Well you would be correct if

not wishing to put too finer point on it but, there is no question of if, Dima is absolutely correct........

The Sherman 76mm was never issued to British forces,
Daimler IV is a figment of someones imagination, there were only 2 marks of the vehicle ever produced.
M3 Halftracks were not used by the British army, with or without mortars. the halftrack used was generally the M5 or M9, some M14 were used mainly as command vehicles.

Surely if you are going to go to the considerable trouble of transferring or converting a mod over to WaR, or any other game, is it not worth correcting the earlier mistakes beforehand?

Simply to portray XXX Corps with a collection of never used or non-existant vehicles seems a tiny bit pointless, but maybe I'm too fussy with the historical detail.

If you are unsure of the troop/vehicle types in use, many people here would be willing to check these details for you should you ask.

Good Luck with your future activities Smile

Cheers
Ronson

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

yuma

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:40 pm Post subject: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Reply with quote

its a game and i enjoy it as such.
if there is something i don't like i have a solution....q-clone and a couple of hours works miracles.

yuma

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:42 pm Post subject: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Reply with quote

or in the case of WAR....notepad and a couple of hours works just as well.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:35 pm Post subject: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Reply with quote

Quote:
not wishing to put too finer point on it but, there is no question of if, Dima is absolutely correct........

Only if you see the mod like a some different from my original idea and my original ideas was to make a CC2 ABTF on CC WAR, nothing more.

Quote:
Surely if you are going to go to the considerable trouble of transferring or converting a mod over to WaR, or any other game, is it not worth correcting the earlier mistakes beforehand?

It depends from if you like the final work. I like it, it is fun. Perhaps if I would see other mods like this converted for WAR, I would can tell you other thing but not too more people have made more stuff. Wink

Quote:
if there is something i don't like i have a solution....q-clone and a couple of hours works miracles.

Well, you can start, I do not go to work more on it. But you can use my work, it would not difficult from the first moment that you have all the strategy map and more, all made manually without strange tools, only photoshop. Wink

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Doramas

Rep: 52.5

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:05 pm Post subject: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Reply with quote

Installing the mod, if someone want to start a GC, join me in Hamachi.
Net: doramass51
pw: 12

Doramas

Rep: 52.5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:51 pm Post subject: Re: CC WAR - A Bridge Too Far Mod - Ready to download Reply with quote

In the first map we had a crash, no idea why.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Jump to: