Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
Buck_Compton

Rep: 64.6
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:22 am Post subject: Almost there Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

I will have to dissappoint the guys who expect to get a release date from this topic. Im not going to tie myself down on it at the moment. Most recently i started the nco course wich is taking a lot of time. But Pete and I are currently busy playing a GC h2h and we are clearing out the bugs wich we are still finding... i just wanted to let you guys know that im almost there I don't think it will be long. I hope to be able to release somewhere in the autumn ;)

we also started discussing a 2.0 version of the mod Razz there are some maps wich now are split in half (braakman and sloedam). These map did not reach the gaming satisfaction we hoped they would have.. so im planning on redoing those two. and using the newly aquired space for 2 extra maps. most likely this will going to be huijbergen and oosthoek. not sure yet but it is under discussion. also we are planning to re evaluate the setting of the german bg's there might be a light imbalance in there wich we are trying to clear out.... Im not sure if these things will allready be available at the 1.0 release... but im going to try...

i hope i updated you guys well enough

Cheers Buck

If you are short of everything but enemy, you are in the combat zone.

QM

Rep: 49.4

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:55 am Post subject: Re: Almost there Reply with quote

Sounds great Buck.  Cant wait to see the finished product.

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:32 pm Post subject: Re: Almost there Reply with quote

Buck_Compton wrote (View Post):
Hey Guys,

I will have to dissappoint the guys who expect to get a release date from this topic. Im not going to tie myself down on it at the moment.

Very wise!

This is a hobby.

When you start introducing timetables and schedules it becomes work.

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:46 pm Post subject: Re: Almost there Reply with quote

I am very much looking forward to the release of this mod.  Keep up the good work.

Buck_Compton

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:10 pm Post subject: Re: Almost there Reply with quote

@ Talorgan:

Yes it does become a job Wink and im not planning on letting this become one Wink allready got my hands full on the nco course Wink

@ Pzt_Kevin_dtn:

It won't take long i think. We are pretty close to releasing it. its only a matter of thoroughly playtesting the game.

CHeers Buck

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:16 pm Post subject: Re: Almost there Reply with quote

[quote="Buck_Compton";p="43541]@ Pzt_Kevin_dtn:

It won't take long i think. We are pretty close to releasing it. its only a matter of thoroughly playtesting the game.

[/quote]

Pzt_Mac and I have already agreed to start an h2h GC together once you release it.  We'll be some of the first ones to d/l it once you release it.

Fatboy

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:05 am Post subject: Re: Almost there Reply with quote

Yeah, I am also very keen to see this one.

Hope it all goes well and look forward to playing it when its ready.

Good luck with the Mod and the NCO course.

Take it easy

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:44 am Post subject: Re: Almost there Reply with quote

Thanks! It is great that someone holds on to the CC5 engine  Very Happy

/Mats

Buck_Compton

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:43 am Post subject: Re: Almost there Reply with quote

@ Kevin:

Thats good to hear Smile Its always nice to know that there is a crowd taking intrest in my mod :)

@ Fatboy:

The nco course fully depends on my back Razz i'm an artillery man so my back is pretty worn down.

@ Mats:

Hahahaha well yeah. there is nothing better than cc5 Smile (in this genre ofcourse Razz)

Cheers Buck

mopa

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:26 pm Post subject: Re: Almost there Reply with quote

Yup still wating and cant wait very tahkful youv taken this on.

Mopa

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:42 pm Post subject: Re: Almost there Reply with quote

Looking forward to this one Buck, need some R&R from Normandy.

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:11 pm Post subject: Re: Almost there Reply with quote

Can't wait!  Woohoo!

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:05 pm Post subject: Re: Almost there Reply with quote

Thanks for the update Buck_Compton. Looking forward to playing your mod!!!

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:21 am Post subject: Re: Almost there Reply with quote

Buck,

I'll be on my Senior NCO Leadership Course in October... limited net access FYI

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

karlmortar

Rep: 16.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:15 pm Post subject: Re: Almost there Reply with quote

Good news old pal! Very Happy

Looking forward to the flooded fields, beaches, muddy fields, bunkers, blood stained ground, corps filled... errr...auhm...well, looking foreward to play this wonderful piece of art Wink

Good luck with NCO school Wink  Very Happy

"CC for ever"

Hedges13

Rep: 2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:15 am Post subject: Re: Almost there Reply with quote

Really looking forward to your mod... thanks for all your hard work.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account MSN Messenger

Buck_Compton

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:38 pm Post subject: Re: Almost there Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Thanks for taking intrest in the mod. It seems that after help of Mooxe that the Router Problems i had with playtesting cc might have been solved so Pete and me will be able to start with the final phase.

Cheers Buck

Pete

Rep: 118.1
votes: 12

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:55 pm Post subject: Re: Almost there Reply with quote

Hi guys, I guess that it is time for an update on our progress. We are testing in the weekends because of Buck's nco school so things are progressing gradually. We are coming across the usual bugs: ill placed exit vl's , unbalanced bg's , incorrect roof files, coding mistakes etc. Most of these things are dealt with immediately. Apart from that, I am trying to slow down Buck in his appetite for more maps Smile . Any reason seems to be good enough for him to redraw a map  Confused  The best news is that there have been no more data crashes since ages and we have a functional mod in its beta stage. Playing on some of these maps really rocks with very tough house to house fighting.
Mind you: because of the size of the maps this is typically a mod for h2h play.  
ETA: before our next mods.

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis
(War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/buckandpete/
Our website: https://themodsection.net/

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:59 pm Post subject: Re: Almost there Reply with quote

Nice works guys. Thanks for keeping us updated. I believe this may be the only major mod on the horizon for the next couple years.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:05 pm Post subject: Re: Almost there Reply with quote

Still looking forward to this one.  Keep the updates coming.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Mods by Buck and Pete -> CC5 Battle of the Scheldt
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: