Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Guarda_Abel

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:21 pm Post subject: Battle HQ Reply with quote

Hi guys!

I'm trying to register at Battle HQ but I get that error message after creating my acount and I dont get an email to activate my acount... Can someone help me?

Thanks!

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:21 pm Post subject: Re: Battle HQ Reply with quote

I got the same error, but my account was still made. Check your email.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Guarda_Abel

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:03 pm Post subject: Re: Battle HQ Reply with quote

Ok its done  Very Happy  I tryed with another email and it works!

Thanks  Mooxe

shilka18

Rep: 3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:09 pm Post subject: Re: Battle HQ Reply with quote

Hi !! i subscribed in BHQ and no come to play with me LTD !! i do not know why
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Dundradal

Rep: 27.9
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:40 am Post subject: Re: Battle HQ Reply with quote

I was curious as to why people don't utilize BHQ for CC. It has lobbies for all the games and seems to launch games ok.

It's also a lot easier than Hamachi for novices to understand.

So is there something I'm missing or haven't noticed yet?

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message, Marathon Infinity

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 10:16 am Post subject: Re: Battle HQ Reply with quote

Nope... BHQ works just fine.

Why it is not utilised to a greater extent is one of the worlds great wonders.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Dundradal

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:19 pm Post subject: Re: Battle HQ Reply with quote

Hmmm that seems silly. I mean it's perfectly suited for CC H2H play and it's very easy for novices (way easier than Hamachi..even though Hamachi is easy as well)

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."

vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 6:57 pm Post subject: Re: Battle HQ Reply with quote

Personally I really like Battle HQ.  it is so easy, and if you can be bothered, you can customise the Skin to make your own personal Battle HQ.  I wrote the Battle HQ Skin Changer Program that shipped with CoI but it will not work with any other version of Battle HQ due to the way that the version shipped with CoI installs.  But I am sure it can be done manually.  I don't think the Battle HQ shipped with CoI works anymore?  and it's best to keep up with the latest releases.

You can set up your own Private Lobby(s), auto launch battles, and just shoot the breeze.  Why it has not been taken up I do not know.  I think it has scope for improvement but for ease and simplicity it is hard to beat.

There is another function that may not be well known.  Battle HQ has an SDK that a game developer could use to inegrate it into the game itself, without the need to run it as a seperate program.  So far I have not heard of any game doing that.  If you were to integrate it into the game UI, you could design it any way you wanted...

vonB

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:07 pm Post subject: Re: Battle HQ Reply with quote

I just tried BHQ that comes with CoI and it seems to work fine.  Also the Skin Library/Changer.  You get some nicer skins than the default that comes with BHQ which I think is a bit naff....

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 2:00 am Post subject: Re: Battle HQ Reply with quote

BHQ if you are already registered works fine.

You can't create a new account with the version shipped with CoI

new update here  http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=1875765&go=last
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

vonB

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 10:54 am Post subject: Re: Battle HQ Reply with quote

What are the advantages/improvements in the latest version?

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:02 am Post subject: Re: Battle HQ Reply with quote

You can register to play..........

vonB

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 1:01 pm Post subject: Re: Battle HQ Reply with quote

Ah!... yes, that does help  Smile

Dundradal

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:09 pm Post subject: Re: Battle HQ Reply with quote

I'm logged onto B HQ and will be sitting in the CoI lobby.

Go."

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 8:56 pm Post subject: Re: Battle HQ Reply with quote

Dundradal wrote (View Post):
I was curious as to why people don't utilize BHQ for CC. It has lobbies for all the games and seems to launch games ok.

It's also a lot easier than Hamachi for novices to understand.

So is there something I'm missing or haven't noticed yet?

BHQ back awhile ago was having stability problems. It was down for days at a time. The sign up page was also broken for weeks at a time, multiple times. I can only speak for the instances of downtime I personally seen, but theres no way I seen them all.

BHQ also came out while CC5 was still being played quite often in Gamespy and before the re-releases. So BHQ didnt quite debut at a time it was needed. There was never a need to corral all CC users under one roof either.

Then came along the massive amounts of firewall problems, which led to Hamachi. Hamachi turned into a secondary place to play if you could not establish a connection at Gamespy. It was believed Hamachi would bypass locked ports by using a virtual tunnel to your opponent.

As Gamespy numbers dwindled and firewall problems increased this site made the shift to Hamachi, still before the re-releases. Since the move to Hamachi firewalls remained an issue. Gameranger also started coming around.

Rather than shift again, I made the deicision that this site will "officially" promote one place to play only, which is now Hamachi.

The advantages to Hamachi are this;
- Its advertised here
- It runs in your system tray so people can idle forever without it using space on the task bar
- Hamachi is a very small application
- When I am not deployed (like now) I can run the Hamachi Weekend Locator
- The 1st of the month Hamachi meets has created greater awareness of where to play

The only thing Hamachi cannot do is launch and connect you and your opponent automatically. Which ever software you uase to connect you have to configure your firewall to allow CC to connect. Thats the biggest hurdle in multiplayer. Far smaller than launching and connecting manually. The benefits of shifting again would only be launching and connecting automatically after sorting out your firewall. So basically theres no point in this site promoting another place unless firewall issues are fixed.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 11:31 pm Post subject: Re: Battle HQ Reply with quote

Unfortunately Hamachi gets closed out with players sitting in the limited number of available spots and keeping new players from joining.

BHQ can have unlimited players join.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer

Jump to: