Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author

WHO IS GONNA WIN THIS EPIC STRUGGLE
Germans
58%
 58%  [ 10 ]
Allies
41%
 41%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 17

ActionJacksonDX

Rep: 15.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:43 pm Post subject: TRSM - Red Scorpion vs ActionJackson Reply with quote

Started the GC with the following settings:

TRSM 0.98
RS as allies
AJ as germans
20 mins, 95%, morale off, 2 min warning, deploy must be linked to vl as described here:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=122
Strength settings is elite, as this mod is supposed to be played that way. (elite also represents the skill level of the humble, err, rusty *cough* adversaries in this epic struggle)
Discon battles will be rebuilt both unit- and vl-wise.
Allies host, since as attacker they would suffer too harshly from not seeing muzzle flashes.

RS and me started our first gc (was 5.01) back in 2003 or 2004 maybe, so its a clash of old foes...

Due to some initial problems with deployment bugs, we had to rebuild gold beach and play ouistreham with a 15 min time limit.

Germans first decision was retreat from juno, sword and courseulles, so we had only 2 battles to play on 6th 06:00:

On Gold, german primary goal was to keep the western road. At least hypothetically, i knew it would most prolly not be possible. Other goals were to stay on the map and to inflict casualties, while preserving at least a few guns for the evening.
The battle was quite what you expect from gold. a medium pak was able to kill a stu, while 2 light atgs in the big bunkers got lucky and managed to kill a command sherm, and also disable a croc with a overcalibre HEAT hit to the side.

losses for germans were 3 medium guns and some inf,
losses for allies were 1 stu, 1 com sherm, 2 inf teams.
allies took all roads, germans stayed in the bunkers.

On Ouistreham, german primary goal was to keep the road to benouville. the road to periers ridge was of no interest since the allied bg at courseulles would alrdy have a chance to move to periers.
germans put a 37mm pak in each bunker that could fit one, few inf and 2 at teams next to the crucial road vl. the rest was a mix of inf and at teams concentrated in the lower left corner of the city. i figured that i would want my inf and my 37mms to work together.
no screenshot for this battle; noteworthy is the lone stuart that tried to take the road vl, but got captured(!) in the process.

losses for germans were 2 light atgs and most of their inf.
losses for allies were 1 stu and a few soldiers.
allies took southern/eastern half of the town.

Last edited by ActionJacksonDX on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

ActionJacksonDX

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:05 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM - Red Scorpion vs ActionJackson Reply with quote

some admin plz plz add "never ever are they gonna finish this epic struggle!" to the poll

Rep: 60.6

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:58 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM - Red Scorpion vs ActionJackson Reply with quote

Voted germans  Very Happy  sympathy for the  Twisted Evil

Well how did you set timer on 20min?

We are the pilgrims, master. We shall go
 always a little further, it may be
beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
 across that angry or that glimmering sea.

ActionJacksonDX

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:03 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM - Red Scorpion vs ActionJackson Reply with quote

ccreq

ActionJacksonDX

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:13 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM - Red Scorpion vs ActionJackson Reply with quote

June 6th, 12:00

CREULLY
allies 69/50 attacks from gold beach.
my primary objective was to defend the road to thaon. (i have a better unit in bayeux then in thaon; but rs does not know this.)
his primary objective was obviously the road to bayeux. he would take the road to thaon one map further - in tailleville - anyway.
rs pretty much ran over me with his superior units, and easily took his objectives. in the end though, 2 inf teams hidden near the exit vl were able to take away control (split control) of the road exit in a last minute vl rush. (ladder match anybody?) bayeux is safe for another turn.

losses for germans:
3 atgs and various inf
losses for allies:
very few soldiers

TAILLEVILLE
allies 7/3CDN attacks from juno beach.
my primary objective was to defend the road to thaon. i expected him to take the route through the town, then turn towards the road. i had no units in the town itself, all were gathered around the vl, but my units werent set up for an attack coming through the fields and from the north. rs just ran over me, killing all my units but a single mort team, losing maybe a team or two in the process.

losses for germans:
3 atgs, loads of inf
losses for allies:
few inf

HILLMAN BATTERIES
allies 8/3CDN attack from courseulles sur mer, II736/716 defends.
my primary objective was to keep the road to hermanville. losing the (important) road to buron was totally inevitable, so i didnt bother defending it.
I deployed all my units on the left side of the map, my small atgs spread around in bunkers, the pak97s in the hedges north and east of the road vl, and my lone pak43 in the hedge to the north, but not on the edge, but further to the west to restrict its los. my inf was mostly hidden around the road vl, with some inf in forward positions to force enemy inf into crawling.
all went according to plan. rs took too long to clear the undefended bunkers to the east. first, one atgs opens fire on a sherm, kills it, and gets killed by airstrike. now my pak43 is somewhat safe: with multiple tanks in los of hidden atgs, i opened up fire from several directions at once, killing another two tanks. lack of time kept him from rooting out the now-visible atgs and take the crucial road vl.

losses for germans:
2-3 atgs, few inf
losses for allies:
2 crabs, 1 dd sherm, few inf

PERIERS RIDGE
allies 8/3 attacks from sword beach, I736/716 defends.
Since buron would be attack from hillman anyway, defending the road to buron wasnt of concern to me. my only goal was to defend the road to lebisey woods.
i presumed 3 possible routes of attack - on to the north; though this would mean aiming for buron. on through the city. the is were i put up a somewhat hard defence with a stack of inf units that also served the purpose of suppressing enemy inf running through the south fields. the third route, which he actually took, would bypass the town in the south to aim for my road. i had my atgs spread around on the east of the map, mostly aiming to cover the town/south approaches, but also keeping an eye north.
in his initial moves, rs took a long time securing his advancement. by the time he reached my defences, he was alrdy short on time. my atgs got very lucky; a pak35/36 outdueled a centaur (at point blank range though), and a pak97 even killed a reduced inf team assaulting them. a stu rushing through my defences forced me to reveal my lone pak43, which luckily survived the following air strike. then time ran out.

losses for germans:
handful of inf
losses for allies:
1 stu
1 centaur
few inf
some pride

all in all im happy with this turn. in delaying the enemy, i won time for bayeux and hermanville, and killed a few tanks.

RedScorpion

Rep: 11.7

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:24 pm Post subject: 6th Reply with quote

The first pics for the gc. From 6.6.44, 06AM. We have landed on the cursed shores of France. The land of wine, cheese and hairy women.

My attack on Gold. Crocs is the key here.

Got my exit vl.

The attack on Ouistreham which was a bad one since I failed to get the Benouville vl. It just took too much time getting there.

Bootcamp in Creully. The hordes are crawling in the mud. Obey thy leader tommy!!

Creully turned in Cruelly.

The attack on Tailleville ran across the northern part. The objective to cut the krauts off.

I made contact with the enemies forces.

Again the croc is probably the best allied tank.

My army was severly ambushed in Hillman batteries. Just took me too much time to navigate across the map to finally end up in the eye of the Pak.

The battle at Periers on the afternoon of the 6th of June. A terrible incident. I was too slow on the advance...

and again ran into the fiends guns. Despite the presence of the RAF my losses were 3 tanks, including 1 centaur, and the kraut retained all of his guns.

Thats about it from the 6.6.44. AJ had withdrawn from all of the beaches except for Gold and Ouistreham. I feel the rust is finally giving way for bronze, perhaps I shall reach silver and gold qualities in a few days.

THE ATOM WILL BE SPLIT!

Ceci tuera cela

Last edited by RedScorpion on Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:59 am; edited 2 times in total

ActionJacksonDX

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:15 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM - Red Scorpion vs ActionJackson Reply with quote

7th of june, 06:00

GOLD BEACH
231/50 lands from juno, Ost 441 defends
the usual gold battle, only no crocs this time. rs tries for a new strat and sends in a little car to scout ahead, which i immediately order destroyed. before realizing wahts best to do, i get totally lucky: my guns immob it just in the gap between those grey , um, what are they anyway? well, we all know them well. since his tanks cant pass through to my territory anymore, this is alrdy won with about a minute into the battle. some inf sneaking around, a pak getting lucky in outdueling a sherman, and thats it for this one.

german losses:
1 atg, few inf
allies losses:
1 car, 1 sherman, few inf

CREULLY
69/50 vs I736/716
He is out of fuel, so my only hope is that most of his tanks are immob. turns out that 5 of 6 tanks were stopped dead in their tracks.
i split my inf horde into two, each guarding one the the vls in the heavily wooded areas, my lone pak35/36 making its last stand at the northern group.
rs proceeds to root out my inf in the south first, losing some inf in the process. then he turns north, but doesnt make it on time - in a last minute rush, my pak gets lucky and kills the sherm with its single HEAT grenade. i hold on to my last vl with allied soldiers jsut a few metres away.

losses for germans:
lots of inf
losses for allies:
1 sherm, some inf

THAON
7/3CDN attacks, 726/716 defends
whats has two tracks, a 75mm gun and drives around in thaon? right, a marder. the first german vehicle to make its appearance in this gc. my primary goal is to keep the road to rauray. i make up the grand plan to split up my troops, with half of them guarding this vl, and the other half sitting in the north to watch over the road that splits the map in half. too bad, his croc just drives up the road and sits there while his units just walk over the map unhindered. my marders dont dare to face that monster, not at 400m range.
in the end im lucky and the timer runs out just a minute or two before the road vl has to fall.

losses for germans:
1 marder to airstrike, various inf, 1 pak 35/36, 1 french pak
losses for allies:
1 sherm, some inf

HILLMAN BATTERIES
i decide that i would probably not be able to even kill a single enemy tank here, so i decide to preserve my units and retreat. maybe this bg will never again see battle, but if it does, i will be happy to have some atgs left.

PERIERS RIDGE
i decide to make my last(?) stand with some inf and 2 light paks in forward positions in the town, with my main force in the north. my pak43 and another atg cover the fields to the east, which is just where rs happens to have put his tanks. i make a bad mistake by opening fire at the wrong tank, so that the other one gets away. both of my northern atgs die to naval. in the following battle, my atgs that were scattered around in houses were able to kill a sherm with a HEAT shell and get one way los on an immob centaur. timer runs out to save me yet again, i remain on the map.

losses for germans:
pak43, 4 other atgs, most of their inf
losses for allies:
2 sherms, 1 centaur, some inf

BENOUVILLE
The Osts from Courseulles defend, with the allied tanks from said map are in pursuit.
i have 3 ambushes prepared, one in the town to the east, one in the houses near the bridge, and a last one, including my pak, at the road to lebisey woods. i also have 2 snipers covering the huge fields of this map - i force his men to crawl most of their way across the map this way. not much happens in this battle, some ambushes, a little relocating of inf, rs takes about half of the map without meeting stiff resistance anywhere. my snipers kill 4 men! i am proud of them. also, one of my at teams finally manage to throw (and miss) their at weapons at a tank passing by.

RANVILLE
AB defend here, 192/10 attacks...not.
i realize that i am not in the position to attack here. rs has better inf, better tanks, and a much better position here. we agree to a cease fire.

MERVILLE BATTERIES
i retreat. nothing to gain here.

thats it for the third turn. again, i am happy with the events. thaon held for a turn, i killed a few tanks, and my panzers are closing in on the frontlines. the real battles will start soon.

RED SCORPION IF YOU READ THIS: I DARE YOU TO ENTER HERMANVILLE! ETERNAL TORMENT SHALL BE YOUR FATE ON THIS MAP! YOU CANNOT YET FATHOM THE PAINS THAT AWAIT YOU. (if you got questions about it: ask dima, he knows.)

ActionJacksonDX

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:54 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM - Red Scorpion vs ActionJackson Reply with quote

7th of june, 14:00

GOLD BEACH
allies have a foothold in the hedges alrdy, and im getting careless - the last battle here went too well i guess. i just stick my atgs into and around my bunkers, not even caring about restricting their los, like i normally know i should do. i get punished immediately - the hedges are crammed with 6pdrs that easily kill all my guns. rs mops up afterwards, killing all my troops.

losses for germans:
5 atgs, all their inf
losses for allies:
few inf

CREULLY
my men disband, leaving behind only a 5cm mortar team to divert the enemy. poor guys.

HERMANVILLE
rs rushes in with a stu, probably hoping to flush out any atgs i have in the hedges, but my pz4 shoots him with narrow los from cover behind some hedges. some sneaking of inf, some piat kills two of my teams, i kill two of his teams, end of battle.

losses for germans:
2 inf team
losses for allies:
1 stu, 2 inf teams

PERIERS RIDGE
i disband.

BENOUVILLE

I decide to make my last stand in the huge building to the south west. i put my last 37mm in there, 1 sniper and a mortar team up north, and stack the house with 12 infantry teams, including some AT guys.
rs still has some ground to cover, so when he finally starts attacking my positions, i have the advantage that his inf is somewhat exhausted, and also they come in several smaller waves, not one big wave. i would never have thought it possible, but i actually am able to defend here. in the ensuing carnage (carnage it was, i had to use ctrl-k at some point coz i couldnt find my soldiers under all the corpses), i am able to kill a good number of enemy infantry, and kill a sherman with infantry! i end up keeping my vl with about 10 soldiers left, 6 of them from a very heroic gren team that killed more then 15 soldiers and made the killing blow at the sherman - with a schiessbecher! i guess they hit the weak top armor...
my sniper kills 4 men. his kill count amounts to 6 now. i am proud.

check with corpses:

without:

losses for germans:
1 pak35/36, lots and lots of inf
losses for allies:
1 sherm, a good number of inf

heros of this battle:

both show total number of kills after several battles.
Müller actually killed his 7th victim before dying in battle - he sniped an allied unsuspecting solder with a grenade to the head. (snipeeeeeeeer!)

i am unhappy with gold. i would have expected to stay on the map for another turn, and kill at least another tank here. all other maps are fine i think.

Last edited by ActionJacksonDX on Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:12 pm; edited 3 times in total

ActionJacksonDX

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:01 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM - Red Scorpion vs ActionJackson Reply with quote

8th of june, 06:00

the strat map for today:

BAYEUX
his infantry bg attacks me from peb. i defend with 915/352.
an inf battle in a city! its been a long time since i had that.
the battle is pretty nice and intense, even though there isnt that much happening. we trade a house back and forth, some ppl get killed by schreck/piat, i lose a marder to a one way los, after killing a humber with it. in the end, about no territory changed hands.

losses for germans:
1 marder, 2 inf teams
losses for allies:
1 humber, some inf

BENOUVILLE
i try to do the same as last time, this time bringing 3 2cm flaks with me. i end up staring into the barrels or 3 AVREs and just die without killing more then 3 or 4 of his men.

losses for germans:
3 flak38, a horde of inf

HERMANVILLE
half into the battle, my cursor suddenly disappears! crap. we have to cancel this battle, and stop playing for today since its late alrdy. meh!

starting here, i have to reconstruct the battles from some time ago, so some reports might be a bit off or unprecise.

HERMANVILLE 2nd try
RS starts with a scouting stuart rushing across the fields in the north. he gets sniped by a pz4 from cover.
afterwards there is some sneaking, some pz4s try to get shots at shermans, but not much happens in the end.

losses for germans: some inf i think
losses for allies: stu, some inf i think

BURON
Bloody Buron!
192/21 defends here. i have some 88 covering the wide open plains, making sure that i dont have direct los into his territory with some guns, for fear of 6pdrs. my main defence aims at defeating an infantry rush towards the town. RS had prepared for a shootout with 88 - we both get disappointed.
i get a schreck shot a stu killing it, manage to kill 2 croms with 88, but lose both of them, 1 to crawling infantry (damn me! why didnt i put some covering inf there! a right, to defeat his inf rush that didnt come.) and another one since i cant resist picking of his cal50 truck. the ever-watching eye of RS immediately orders his 6pdrs to kill my 88. damn me!
no pic for this =/
losses for germans: 2 pak43, 2 inf teams
losses for allies: 1 stu, 1 crom, 1 95mm crom, few inf, 1 truck

LEBISEY WOODS
i deploy my main defence force around the farm in the middle of the map. RS goes for careful advancement towards the right. i have only 1 infantry up there at the vl, which succeeds in ambushing a scout team before forced to retreat by AVRE.
while moving towards the woods, my pz4 gets a shot from behind a hedge, at his fly, immobing it. soon i gang up with some panzers to kill it; the 1st 75mm takes out the gun so this one is a sitting duck.

losses for germans: none i think
losses for allies: 1 fly, a little inf

RAURAY - 726/716 vs 69/50
my bg here is very weak, but if i can hold onto the map and the roads to the west, i will be happy here.
my at force consists of 2 marders, a pak97 and a pak35/36. i go for a mobile, soft defence mostly scattered around the map, with a strong point in the buildings to the north, the pak97 covering the road to his vl, and my pak35 hidden in a most innocous looking shack. RS proceeds to attack south west and west mostly. i delay him with my infantry, being on a constant retreat due to sherman HE fire. my marder gets off a shot or two at his centaur, but gets dispatched by a croc turning around the next corner. at one point his command sherman on the road seems to be a little confused, turning around to show me his weak rear armor. my pak97 opens fire and kills it quickly. his croc runs in to the rescue, but my pak already retreated behind its hedge. more soft defence, my units retreating and getting killed, and my pak97 doesnt know where to turn to - croc is closing in, and soon burns my poor atgs to ashes. in the south, my marder operates in the cover of the three houses west of the road leading north. his 2nd croc smells a kill and rushes in, supported by an inf team of his. this is my chance - that innocous looking shack left of the road houses my pak35, and i also got an engineer team with a HE in the 2story next to my marder. i move the marder around the house, charge in with my pioneer, and pray the the overcalibre HEAT of the pak35 will connect. it does! the croc bursts unto flames, while my pioneers easily dispatch his infantry, which is just too tired to fight. chasing my men all over the map is hard work i guess.

losses for germans: 1 marder, 1 pak97, lots of inf
losses for allies: command sherman, croc, some inf

this turn was good for me. i am extremely pleased with having killed the croc. heroes of the day:

Last edited by ActionJacksonDX on Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:02 pm; edited 4 times in total

RedScorpion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:31 pm Post subject: Pics from 7th and a few from morning of 8th Reply with quote

Assorted pictures from the 7th, and a Bayeux pic from 06.00 on the 8th

Until AJ get his screenshots online I figured I might share those from the allied side.

Creully

The morning of the 7th of June 1944, in the godforsaken village entitled Creully, the forces of the 69/50 want to advance and destory the remaining resistance of I726/716. Despite being a fresh BG the 69/50 suffers from shortage of fuel because of the maggots at Gold. Of the 6 tanks available only a sherman turns out to be non invalid.
The attack was supposed to come from 2 directions, center and south, and to somehow tie them together. My prayers were for a crocodile to rage inferno in the woods, but alas.

The infantry assaults the ambushing krauts from the rear, but my sherm is terrible slow in the woods.

As AJ mentioned in his earlier report, the lone gun of his managed to KO my sherm when it was approaching to contest the last vl. Heavy losses in this battle, too hard without enough armoured support. So, lots of letter to write home, many ministers to engage and alot of tearful housewives over the channel, oh you know how the story goes...

Tailleville

The clean up operation in Tailleville on the morning of the 7th. The 22/7, heavy on armour but low on infantry is assigned to the task. In the bushes the german 736/716 is hiding. I opt for alot of armour and some infantry teams to spot the enemy for the jaws of the aforementioned machines. Once again I am also trying a kind of pincer attack, one along the north and into the city, and one down south and then east. The germans hide in the houses, but the suppression makes their defense too hard.

In the south my carrier is finished by a sniper, and the infantry suffers too. Anyway it doesnt prove to be the defense that will stop the allied advance, and as I reach south I just let my tanks hammer away at the defenseless germans who fail to utilise their little AT capabilities, to AJs great dismay. AJ's theory being that when the germans come across the "Thresold of terror," lets say 20m from a tank, they just are too scared to use their AT. It may be a sound theory! Perhaps Dima can enlighten us?
The battle ends in total allied vic needless to say.

8/3 vs I736/716 in Periers.

Thinking myself awfully smart I decide to use the north field as the right place for the north pincer. The other pincer will meet with the first around the Goston du Nord church.
I didnt expect AJ would dare defend so close with Periers being a naval map, so I loose a sherm right away.

Death from above, the naval comes like comets from Thor. Not only is the Pak43 destroyed, but the naval also flushes out a Pak181 I didnt spot initially.
With spirits high I move up the centaur to start cleaning the path for the inf.

I get too eager to kill the germans harassing my infantry, and I end up losing the centaur to a Pak35/36. Sigh! Second centaur lost on this map, also the first to a Pak35/36. They are little demons, they are.

The pincer from the south has slowly managed to get up and is starting to take on the Pak35/36s in the little houses (2 of them right beside each other).

Again I get too eager driving up a sherman to assist catching the Goston du Nord which is held by the last remains of a Zugführer team. It ends up showing its flank to another Pak35/36, and is eventually lost.

Losses are heavy

Thaon

I attack cautiously from east towards south west and then straight over the fields towards west, expecting heavy resistance. AJ has Marders, paks, even granatbuchse, and I am weary of losses.

When a Marder appears its struck by the hammer from above, loosing 3 men in the crew.

I reach the area of the vl to Rauray too late, thanks to my laconical over cautious attack. Not good enough!

Bayeux

The morning of the 8th, a little skirmish in Bayeux. The newly landed 151/50 inf is put to training vs 915/352. I am in a tough position without better tanks then Wolverine (no mg) and some armoured cars, I realise my attempt is not gonna be succesful. After we've made a conflaration of Humber and Marder we decide for truce.

Ceci tuera cela

RedScorpion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:50 pm Post subject: Gold and Benouville. Reply with quote

A brief chronicle of devastation in the verdant vales of Normandy.

Gold

6am, 7.6.44

My attempt at sneaking in through the stone wall with a carrier and spot his AT positions fails as he manages to KO it right as it passes the gap, making further tank movements impossible. I start moving up tanks trying to duel his Paks in the bunkers. Its all a mess. I manage to kill all but one in the crew of an ATG positioned near the house, but I loose 3 tanks trying...

2pm, 7.6.44

Last turn it didnt fare well for me here, as you can see. So for the afternoon I devised a plan including 3 x 6 pdrs hidden in the bushes. Unfortunately that screen got missing, so I cant present you with the set up,but the fact is that they KOed 5 guns while letting the naval take down the 6th.

After that the personal massmurder was all that remained, and the tanks do that job the best, so I used infantry to scout them out. They were amassed in the bunkers.

And death's scythe shone in the afternoon sun!

It took 3 battles to empty Gold of its defendants, thats IMO 1 too many, but considering I swapped bgs I must say I am pleased.

Benouville

6am, 7.6.44

Finally able to move into this map I decide to move on south and on north of map. In the south I run into a german defense which is subdued with help of shermans.

The north part I managed to sneak and get, despite an annoying sniper dealing death from some tower from afar. His lone pak35/36 stayed away from me.

2pm, 7.6.44

In the afternoon phase I decided to renew the attack across the fields in the north, with another one running concurrent through the center. I dont find AJ anywhere. The guy has assembled his forces in the Chateau of the south west. When I arrive, my men are coming team by team, and I decide to go through with an attack anyway.

AJs AT teams overcome their "terror threshold" and throws a molotov into the "tommy-cookers" hatch, and lo and behold, its destroyed.

A second one is immobed by another AT team, as my men fail in their attack against the german masses.

6am, 8.6.44

"Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to make war against the rider on the horse and his army" Rev 19

The day of wrath, day of reckoning, judgement day - call if what you want, the outcome is the same, the sinful will be taken to roast in hell! Some minor adjustments to the drama though, instead of horsemen we got the AVRE, and instead of hellfire we got a spigot 290mm.

So let the angel open the 7th seal!

"The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS." (idem)

"Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. He will rule them with an iron scepter." (idem)

"The beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. The rest of them were killed with the sword that came out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh." (idem)

THE ATOM WILL BE SPLIT!

Ceci tuera cela

ActionJacksonDX

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:32 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM - Red Scorpion vs ActionJackson Reply with quote

8th of June, 14:00

the strat map for today:

BAYEUX
69/50 comes in to clean up my bg. 915/352 defends.
i decided to bring both my marders and a couple of schrecks, but to leave my lone pak40 at home since putting it on a road somewhere will just get it killed.
i create two strong points in north and east of his position, with a third, weaker position formed by three teams in the dom. too bad, this is his direction of attack. i get a shot or two with my marder at his tanks, to no effect. my schrecks are more lucky, they manage to kill a sherman and disable his croc somewhere in the open. my infantry, outnumbered, still does a good job defending their position. reinforcements arrive a little late, but not too late, so i can put up a fight in the dom in the buildings behind. RS moves in his tanks to support, drving along the south. i bring in my marders too. intense action follows, during which my marder gets killed by infantry, the other one gets disabled, while my inf manages to kill a centaur with a HEAT schiessbecher grenade to the weak top armor!
after the battle the big surprise: the croc is captured! this is pure luck. his croc wasnt even in my territory in the end. this is more of a bug then a feature. still i cant help but feel happy about it.

losses for germans: 1 marder, 1 schrecks, many inf
losses for allies: 1 croc, 1 cent,1 sherm, some inf

HERMANVILLE
i prepare a warm welcome for RS' tanks in the south. RS ignores this and brings lots of tanks into the open fields in the north! i have almost nothing there. some inf meant to scare off sneaking intruders quickly get killed, and a pz4 meant to snipe shermans from cover hastily retreats. i move up my units to the north to create some makeshift defence; i can stop his advance, but in some shootsouts with shermans, i lose way too many panzers. 2 panzers burn, 1 is damaged beyond any repair and are abandoned after the battle. a fourth ends up in enemy territory.

losses for germans: 4 pz4, lots of inf
losses for allies: 1 sherman, 1 stu, few inf

RAURAY
i move in 130Lehr to cause some trouble. i come from the left; my goal for the first battle is to establish a foothold on the right side of the railroad track. this should be possible since a good portion of territory has been neutral from the last turn. i expected a very stiff, agressive resistance aimed to throw me back behind the rails, but his troops act a lot more passive. some skirmish at the houses where my pak35 killed the croc ensues; i lose some inf without retaliating much.

no screenshots for this battle =/
losses for germans: several inf teams
losses for allies: and inf team or two maybe

BURON
(will continue writing here when i got the time)

Last edited by ActionJacksonDX on Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

RedScorpion

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:10 am Post subject: 9.6.44 Reply with quote

Bayeux

06:00

The problem with attacking a town like Bayeux is that its hard supporting the infantry with tanks. The tanks obviously cant go where the infantry is, and the defenders can easily hide where they cant be suppressed. The only solution is to amass a great number of infantry, and hold back on the armour.

AJ gives ground and holds his defense where its possible.

If possible, always utilise infantry attacks from more than one side. This additional charge (1 inf team) from the east made it possible to stave down the wall of the defender.

And kill them all

And the stuart has clearly no chance of participating in the massacre, as the krauts are staying back. And as I try getting the Stu closer to the enemy the vermin fausts (fists Laughing ) it properly!

Still a good deal of progress in this environment.

Bayeux

14:00

Hermanville

At 14:00, AJ had retread his tanks of the map.

Buron

Buron

Lebisey Woods

Lebisey Woods

14:00 Tiger battlegroup enters from south west

Two tigers set ablaze in first battle!

Rauray

Rauray

Ranville

Ranville

14:00 Tanks relieve the AL, entering from Pegasus

THE ATOM WILL BE SPLIT

Ceci tuera cela

ActionJacksonDX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:06 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM - Red Scorpion vs ActionJackson Reply with quote

my screenshot for the 9th of june:

can u spot the hole in my defence?

ActionJacksonDX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:23 pm Post subject: Re: TRSM - Red Scorpion vs ActionJackson Reply with quote

10th of June, 06:00

the strat map for today:
classified, until further notice

LINGEVRES
man, what a map! and a fine to defend on. i got quality troops here, 901Lehr on defence duty. 69/50 leads the attack. they have veteran infantry, a croc, AVREs - this is not gonna be easy.
RS attacks in the north. good for me, i am well prepared for this scenario.
his first obstacle is a hedge to cross, but my men are already waiting for just that. first to enter the battlefield is a stu, crossing the hedge and killing some of my men in the hedge in the north. carefully he drives a little further onto the field, but gets caught by a jagdpanzer and soon explodes:

next comes a fly, crossing the hedge to get a shot at my jagdpanzer. my jagdpanzer gets hit by the 76.2mm shell, and is immob, but manages to cross a last few metres into cover. my waiting 88 takes its turn and immobs the fly! immediately, the fly vanishes from sight; i never see it again, all the time knowing exactly where it is. i dont know what caused this; moving around my infantry in the 2story house doesnt help.

too bad my 88 is spotted; an arty strike is called in and does the kill.

but RS wants to see results! he already killed one of my 88s, there is a good chance i didnt put another one by the road. often enough, an obvious spot for an 88 without an 88 is as good as an obvious spot for an 88 with an 88. in this case though, the obvious location with the 88 turns out to be better; the croc is killed with one shot.

last is a centaur to bombard what he suspects to be my positions. my jagd moves in and kill the centaur, while getting immob himself by a 95mm HE shell.

this is the third croc going down! only 1 to go. these monsters gave me more then one headache.

losses for germans: two inf teams, an 88, a jagd got scrapped after battle
losses for allies: stu, cent, croc, a little inf

RedScorpion

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:14 pm Post subject: 11.6.44 Reply with quote

The front as of 11.6.44

AJ has put up most of his class A material, and so have I. Very intense battles ahead, with alot of kill power on both sides.

Lebisey Woods

The 11th starts off with a real bummer on my behalf. My Avre was apparently within LOS of this Panthers, and got immobilised by the first

shot, thus unable to retreat.

After the battle I loose another Avre, two down in one battle surely means the beginning of the end of my defense of Lebisey woods.

I brace myself for the oncoming assailants. Being down to one Avre makes AJs job alot easier.
Nimble scout cars spill forth from AJs deploy, they attempt to cross the wooden area in the west.

No folks, its not a funnel, its a Panther. A well directed HEAT in the flank of the cat put it out of its (my?) misery. The Piat team did

great, only to die to german smgs a little later.
Stationed in the forest is also a voracious Panther that got hurt by a valiant Sherman. This cat eventually got scrapped, to my great satisfaction.

The Avres were clearly the key to my holding off his cats, and as soon as they were demolished I was thrown back severely. Poor defense on my side letting them go that easily.

Bretteville

In this glorious summer morning, birds singing and sun already scorching the metal of my machines I set out for blood in Bretteville. The first engagement set a good example... Green trees and... Ah the warmth of human conflagration!

The orchard provides a good cover for my armour and men, or so I imagine, because the problems gather like ominous clouds at the outset. AJ drops a heavy mortar barrage on my armada, immobilising the queen unit - the Avre.

The attack doesnt go farther than 100metres, AJ throws in PZIVs and STUGs. The orchard becomes a killing field, and I barely manage to stay on the map.

The losses are quite heavy, and I loose ground.

For the afternoon I take a more careful approach, attacking very small area to gain back some ground since last battle.
With a 6 pdr hidden down south I wish to lure some german tanks into its line of sight - with the bait of a centaur (a precious tank after all). The hook-line-sinker method hardly works out, as his Tiger takes out the centaur and disappears out of the los of the 6pdr after only one shot was fired.

I got some areas but lost a precious tank. Things are not going forward here exactly.

Abbaye de Ardenne

I move the 22/7 into Abbaye de Ardenne. My objectives are quite humble, only to take some ground to be able to prepare a better attack for the next round.

In the afternoon I set up defensively again. My main hope rests with my 6pdrs.
The battle starts, and immediately two Tigers are within 6pdr LOS. One tiger is set ablaze from the outset, and the 2nd sustains about 10-15 shots before it finally takes out the 6pdr.

My vickers and brens managed to kill plenty of AJs infantry, including a schreck team. A good battle for me.

Lingevres

In Lingevres things are not going good for the 69/50. I gather I should have moved in here from Rauray instead. So far I managed to lose about 10 tanks here trying to get behind the krauts defense lines. The set up of the map plays well for the defender. The river in the middle is easily held with ATGs and tanks from the left bridges, and the main roads can be kept with guns and tank destroyers.

In the early morning my AVREs are packed together trying to take on the north west part of the map. Unfortunately they are enclosed from all angles by AJs AT.

A mortar barrage hammers down an 88.

My infantry crawls to AJs sylvan retreat. My attack is not really planned. The tanks are not moving due to 88s that I cant see, and his fearsome JPIVs lurk are different angles. The infantry cant be backed up. I really shouldnt have ventured in among the trees.

The defense in the orchard is solid as well. My infantry is stopped by Pio teams spitting fire on them.

The crawling dirt bags are back in the afternoon, worming their way through the orchard.

AJ left the orchard almost undefended this time.

My hat off to AJ, his defense of Lingevres is inexpugnable so far.

Tilly sur Suelles

Having last time gotten a good foot hold in the north east area of Tilly sur Suelles I decide to attack there full scale to try to outflank him by going through the northern part westwards. Im pretty hopeful AJ is setting his main defense in the city.

I was wrong. AJ has all north stuffed with 88s and Pak40s. I manage to salvage some infantry, but as for my tanks I shed some bitter tears.

My hopes this morning are rebuked by the furious 88s

For the afternoon I switch to the city area as targeted area.

As happened earlier, Pio teams stop the first teams from entering the bushes.

AJ hands my men back by the coffinload, but alas, tanks save the attack by taking out AJs halftrucks

A foothold is established, even if the other foot firmly rests in the grave.

My tanks take a beating too, 88s and paks hammer down on me as soon as I try to move forth the armour.

Carnage again, AJ clearly knows the job of defense.

Colombelles

I take it easy in Colombelles. In the morning the RAF is set upon the sleepy PZIVs guarding the north.

A good start in the afternoon, David hurls his 57mm into the mouth of Goliat.

A bad ending of the afternoon, I move up 2 tanks to take on AJs armada, but I lose both.

My progress here is slow as well.

Bois du Bavent

Its time to throw the nasty Hitlerjugend out of Bois du Bavent.

Im almost abashed to see that this map has some coding bug, cos as I move forward AJs positions are revealed to me.

His whole army lies in wait in the woods.

I send the machines in to chew these little buggers up.

But the wrathful heavens send barrage and shells upon my tanks and men.

AJ retreats at the sight of the killer machines. We push forward with our army.

The allies storm with rancour after the retreating nazis.

Proud brits are floundering the fields of übermensch fleisch, but as my tanks have been either immobilised by barrage or HE, the attack grinds to a halt.

Smoke signals, the last germans are defending the houses.

A good attack for me, but I still think the map coding was to blame as I was revealed most of his positions.

Results at the end of the 11.06.44

We are now controlling almost equal amounts of VLs, as the status of the campaign easily flicks between allied and german victory.

Ceci tuera cela

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer

Jump to: