Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Kojusoki

Rep: 22.7

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:38 pm Post subject: Forcepool question Reply with quote

Hello

I wonder have you ever ecountered a missing tank in your BG?
Here is the situation:
we play modded .txt files (forcpools, squads, weapons, vehicles etc) and after one battle we saw that instead of 3 shermans, my friend has only 1. One sherman was destroyed, but other wasnt even touched (we are sure, becouse this round was a "fast one" - we had a 0000 crash before and deicided just to take land and kill the tank which was killed in a "real" game).
So there are 2 questions:
-have you had similar problem before
-is it possible that modding .txt files can couse game crashing at 0000 or do the same strange things like the one described in the topic

in the attachment there is zipped Base folder.

Base.rar
 Description:
Base folder with changed .txt files

Download
 Filename:  Base.rar
 Filesize:  596.35 KB
 Downloaded:  369 Time(s)

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a look at this... Looking at FP each day if the vehicle is no longer available through being re-assigned or with drawn etc it will no longer appear in the ForcePool.... this is as designed for depleting ForcePools but we are checking.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Kojusoki

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

that is what i thought - that editable forcepools are ONLY for creating forcpools for the first turn. Then, when "war" goes on, game first hardocdes it and later simply substract casualties from those, hardcoded values.
Otherwords - fpools.txt is only used ONCE when game starts. That is how i thought.

I am saying only about the elite level which was altered.

BTW
I have similar issue with TLD...with missing PaKs 5cm... Below, the describtion is for TLD, but games are so similar that maybe it will help somehow...

I have a savegame, but when i replay this "fast" (deploying only 1 enemy unit, when playing H2H) everything is fine and PaK stays. Of course there is a chance it was scratched (that i am blind;) but it happened 3 times on 3 different maps.
Also, I do remembered those guys, as they had 1-2 irion crosses. Full health, eager to fight etc. And next round, they are gone.

2 possibilities:
1). We hit next after game instead fo command->ready->next (how we used in regular CC)
2). The only guns that were missing, were out of ammo. Maybe its just a coincidence, but...

Conclusion
Question if I am the only person who has such problems. I cannot also see bloody flashes from muzzles when I am guest at H2H and everybody else seems to see them...

ChrisC

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Kojusoki wrote:

Conclusion
Question if I am the only person who has such problems. I cannot also see bloody flashes from muzzles when I am guest at H2H and everybody else seems to see them...

No, you are not the only person. It has been recognized by schrecken. It is under investigation Smile I think this is the only real bug in tLD. It is strange that since CC3 was released this bug has never been addressed. Is it so difficult to iron out or was it just an oversight. Confused Or is it because these games are "just" rereleases and can't be modified to this extent? Id love to see this bug gone Razz

Kojusoki

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

well this bug is well known actually....at least on gamespy Wink

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use game spy... you should post in the forums more often.

We have fixed muzzle blasts, but we have noticed that the muzzle flash and mortar 'pop" is missing.

We are looking at it for a patch.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:46 pm Post subject: Re: Forcepool question Reply with quote

I wasnt sure where to ask this but since the thread is titled Force Pool question I figured here is as good as any.

Not having any experiance with the new FP option for WAR can someone please explain to me how it is that by selecting then discarding then reselecting units from the FP changes the moral/experiance of the team?

I.E.
You select a MGTeam and it's yellow remove select over over again and you might get one thats red then Green.
Where does this change come from and if you keep selecting the Green troops do you eventualy end up with Poor troops later on in your GC?

thanks.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:50 pm Post subject: Re: Forcepool question Reply with quote

Hey platoon_michael,

The issue or variance you are seeing is in CC4/CC5 too. In the forcepool you specify the teams available which is linked to the team data which includes experience and morale but the game applies some variation (I do not know how much variation there can be) to these teams so they are all not identical when brought into the active roster. Thus by dropping and re-selecting a team the experience and morale will change. I believe the names are random each time too so you are not getting the EXACT team back each time....

I doubt the game tracks the variance applied, so I doubt you are left with poorer teams later. That is my guess on how it works....

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

Jump to: