Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
 Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:43 pm Post subject: Re: Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert ! Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
You should ask matrixgames, they control the levers allocating resources.... why are you posting such nonsense here, no one from matrix visits this site... unless posts regarding copyright breaches are noticed.

Don't assume that posting at Matrix will result in any action taken. You just have a higher chance of someone from Matrix reading it. The S3T team members that visit here are the link back to Matrix. Its thier (voluntary) job to sort through whatever customers say here and send it back up through the chain. To say the only way you will be listened to is by making contact directly is wrong this day in age.

Not very many people want to create another account just to voice a complaint. They'd rather voice it somewhere they are an established member at. The reality is the Matrix site wont ever be the only site complaints or bug reports are posted to. That does not mean those posts should be ignored either.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:05 am Post subject: Re: Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert ! Reply with quote

I'm not really surprised with the slow progress for patches and fixes...I mean look at the 'upcoming' CCMT patch  Wink
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2097234

IMO, this all boils down to how f****ed up these CC re-releases are produced.
For those who missed out on the drama...basically...Matrix paid for the CC license, but they don't want to invest any money on developing the CC re-releases...they just want to publish a string of classic wargame series re-releases (like what they did with a few other popular PC wargame titles).
Instead of settling on just releasing the old versions (with maybe a few minor tweaks and making them compatible with modern PCs), Matrix struck gold!!
Matrix found a developer made up of a bunch of dedicated CC modders (CSO Simtek, S3T) to do the fixing for free...and these volunteers will even tackle overhauls and develop expanded versions of CC for free!  The fact that these CC re-releases were produced by a developer (mostly) made up of volunteers should have been kept under wraps...the consumers and CC community should never have found out about this...very unprofessional.  I don't think Matrix ever wanted to go public about this bit of info either ;)

Matrix is now happily selling these 'expanded' CC re-releases at max prices...they didn't really allocate too much resources to develop them...so why should they start allocating resources to producing patches and fixing bugs?  Do you think patching these games is on their priority list?  Wink

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:33 am Post subject: Re: Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert ! Reply with quote

Quote:
In the credits for WAR you schrecken are listed as the project manager under the S3T credits.
Under the Matrix credits you are listed as CUSTOMER SUPPORT

That was dated a year ago
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:49 am Post subject: Re: Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert ! Reply with quote

Perhaps there will be a release of an unofficial patch, like CC5s v5.01a?.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:15 am Post subject: Re: Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert ! Reply with quote

I am reading an smiling.... Cool

Mats

yuma

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:42 am Post subject: Re: Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert ! Reply with quote

"At S3T we've  planned to keep WaR relevant and keep updated with new features as they become available rather than let it be left behind and unloved like CC4."

Thats a laugh!
I've lost track of the number of times I've gone to Matrix site to see if a patch for WAR
has been completed.  They don't care.

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:00 am Post subject: Re: Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert ! Reply with quote

Come on now,
Don't sit there and smile Sapa,thats not doing any good.
Go over to Matrix and voice a complaint.

Everyone needs to go over there and post a complaint,waiting to see what one persons response gets does NOTHING.

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:32 am Post subject: Re: Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert ! Reply with quote

PM, maybe the Matrix guys are reading this...and smiling...  Wink

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:40 am Post subject: Re: Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert ! Reply with quote

If thats the case then getting a Torrent version of the re-releases wouldnt really cause anyone to loose any sleep over morals now would it?

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:14 pm Post subject: Re: Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert ! Reply with quote

You are probably right... but i have smashed my head bloody about the txt files and the lack of tools, and to tell you the truth im giving up.... Crying or Very sad

I will play the new versions as they are and mod CC5.

Mats

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:22 pm Post subject: Re: Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert ! Reply with quote

ahha

Matrix & S3T Consumer support is handle by a sub contactor.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:41 pm Post subject: Re: Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert ! Reply with quote

Since we have title of teaser there should at least be one in the thread....

Here is picture of the Meuse 1940 mod on TLD showing three new tanks; FT-17 MG, FT-17 37mm and FCM-36.

Meuse New Tanks.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  361.52 KB
 Viewed:  1009518 Time(s)

Meuse New Tanks.jpg

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:15 pm Post subject: Re: Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert ! Reply with quote

Sapa wrote (View Post):
You are probably right... but i have smashed my head bloody about the txt files and the lack of tools, and to tell you the truth im giving up.... Crying or Very sad

Mats

Me too. I spent hours and hours trying to extend the TLD grand campaign a few days while making less turns per day. It was impossible, so many errors. The error messages were obscure sounding and really were not help at all. Its great its all dumped into txt files but it does not seem any more easier than before. So far its an untested theory.

schrecken

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:24 pm Post subject: Re: Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert ! Reply with quote

How did it compare to the other mods you've done Mooxe?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:43 pm Post subject: Re: Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert ! Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
Sapa wrote (View Post):

Mats

Me too. I spent hours and hours trying to extend the TLD grand campaign a few days while making less turns per day. It was impossible, so many errors. The error messages were obscure sounding and really were not help at all. Its great its all dumped into txt files but it does not seem any more easier than before. So far its an untested theory.

It may not be easy, but then doing a mod for any version of CC has required extreme dedication. But it is doable....

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:49 pm Post subject: Re: Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert ! Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
How did it compare to the other mods you've done Mooxe?

What mods? Oh no that makes me unqualified to comment on how difficult it is to edit a txt file, woops!

None of the converted mods (if they ever see the light of day) will be anywhere near as popular as they were in CC5. The result of converting a mod completely will be someone gratified that they fulfilled thier hobby project and a few hundred downloads. Its a case of misguided effort once again.

Concentrate on whatever patches you previously commited the team to and work on Operation Market Garden. May it end with that final re-release. End the torture.

Digs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:58 pm Post subject: Re: Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert ! Reply with quote

Put 100% of your resources to fixing the main game (to hell with the mods).

schrecken

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:04 pm Post subject: Re: Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert ! Reply with quote

Once again you're posting into the ether here....

Digs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:08 pm Post subject: Re: Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert !,Teaser Alert ! Reply with quote

God will listen.  Razz

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:43 pm Post subject: Re: Trainwrecks & The Off Topic Hijackers Graveyard Reply with quote

well anyways...

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Jump to: