The v3.50.01 beta update is ready to download. This is a Public Beta version. If you would like to help us do a final test before it becomes an official update, give it a try. We believe this is close to the final version and hope to make it official in a couple weeks.
How to download the Public Beta update:
Register your copy of Close Combat - Cross of Iron in our Members Club here:
Then go to My Games and Private Downloads for CC-Cross of Iron and you should find the v3.50.01 Public Beta.
Changes in this update;
- LOS line now displays correctly when LOS is blocked but LOF is not (i.e. line is light green / dark green).
- Reduced accuracy when LOS to target is blocked.
- Muzzle flashes now visible on client in multi-player games.
- Voice cue & message for weapon ineffective against target protection / armor only plays when target is a vehicle.
- Gunner now checks if HE for main gun is rated more highly than AP before automatically unloading HE and assuming AP will be reloaded.
- Fixed a timing issue with multi-player handshaking where both players would get stuck on the multi-player screen after the connection was first established.
DLL & help files
- Changed About dialog title to “Close Combat: Cross of Iron”
- Added copyright notices (they were there but hidden previously).
- Modified various strings that referred to “Close Combat III: The Russian Front”
- Fixed a couple "Full Name" entries that displayed redundant information displayed in the "Default Name" which forced text outside of intended display area.
- Fixed naming of Russian sniper unit names from SNT-40 to be SVT-40.
- Changed weapon "fire animate" for AT rifle from "bazooka" to "machine gun"
- Fixed weapon names that used a "." where they should not be used.
- Fixed weapon name for Russian SNT-40 to be SVT-40
- Updated map coding of walls to be more inline with the currently accepted map coding conventions. Maps effected are: ver1, ver3, ver7, ver8, ver9, ver11, ver12, Orel, orel2, orel3, Rom1, Rom2, Rom3.
- Added files from GameSaveFixforCoI.exe
- Added Command Center updates
- Added MMCC3 Multiplayer update from July 2009
- Added files from ModSwapBuilderUtility_Patch1010.exe
N.B. This is the first update for Cross of Iron, even with the version number 3.50.01. The original release was 3.50 on the developers end.