Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Kikapu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:17 pm Post subject: Config manager doesn t work Reply with quote

When I launch the Config manager , the following msg appears
"Failed to copy c:\prog..\SSI\Clos....\Data\Base\GENames.txt to System\Original\Genanmes.txt because  c:\prog..\SSI\Clos....\Data\Base\GENames.txt does not exist

when I check I see the GENames Data file in the ..\Data\base  Confused

How to solve the problem?

TIA
Kikapu

cyper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

don't know but i got the same problem

Mad_Dog

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a (maybe) similar problem. The Manager installed fine, but when I try to install the Okinawa mod, the install fails. I think it's because I never install programs in the default folder, and C:\Program Files\SSI\ etc. is the default.

Any way to change the folder from the default? The mod managers .dll file?

Mad_Dog

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this:

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=81

But now I get Error Code #5? Any solution for this?

Mad_Dog

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Right-click on the config manager .exe, go to properties, set compatibility to Windows 98/ME and setit to run as an adminstrator. This fixed it for me, now everything works well.

zenga

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got the same problem as well. Its killing me Ive done everything that Im suppose to except set it to run as a administrator because I only have one account on my computer. Does anyone have a fix?

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]
Failed to copy c:\prog..\SSI\Clos....\Data\Base\GENames.txt to System\Original\Genanmes.txt because c:\prog..\SSI\Clos....\Data\Base\GENames.txt does not exist

try reinstalling cc5 is the best solution in these cases

heia Safari!!

tommyd062

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:44 pm Post subject: Re: Config manager doesn t work Reply with quote

You are most likely playing on the 64 bit vista OS, in which case the game is installed to the program files (x86) folder not just program files.  I think the link in the post above will work....however I havent tried it myself.  I am going to fool around with this a bit more to see if I can find a way around it.

Okay I tried the link Mad_Dog posted above.  It works perfectly.  It's not too hard either once you get the registry editor open.

Last edited by tommyd062 on Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:39 pm Post subject: Re: Config manager doesn t work Reply with quote

Kikapu, has Mad_Dogs tips solved your problem? Please reply as others may be following this thread.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Senior_Drill

Rep: 9.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:34 pm Post subject: Re: Config manager doesn t work Reply with quote

I'd update my Configuration Manager Registry Editing document if I knew anything about Vista, but I have avoided it like the plauge.  I'm waiting on Windows 7 and a healthy debug period before I leave XP.  I don't know anything about Mac's, either, and don't want to.

One thing holds true:  Never rely on any of the Configuration Managers to completely extract a .pln (a renamed .zip file).  It works correctly most times, but not all the time.  After extracting the .pln with the Config Mngr, always re-do it manually by changing the .pln file extention to .zip and extract it with WinZip, RAR, WinAce or 7Zip and then move the files to the mod's System\Packages folder, overwriting all files.  This will ensure that all the files in the .pln are in the folder.

Once I started doing that, I never had a missing file in any mod.  This is true for CC3, CC4 and CC5.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:12 am Post subject: Re: Config manager doesn t work Reply with quote

I have associated the PLN extension with winrar so it openes automatically and can be easily unzipped.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Habber

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:36 am Post subject: Re: Config manager doesn t work Reply with quote

Senior_Drill wrote (View Post):
I'd update my Configuration Manager Registry Editing document if I knew anything about Vista, but I have avoided it like the plauge.  I'm waiting on Windows 7 and a healthy debug period before I leave XP.  I don't know anything about Mac's, either, and don't want to.

One thing holds true:  Never rely on any of the Configuration Managers to completely extract a .pln (a renamed .zip file).  It works correctly most times, but not all the time.  After extracting the .pln with the Config Mngr, always re-do it manually by changing the .pln file extention to .zip and extract it with WinZip, RAR, WinAce or 7Zip and then move the files to the mod's System\Packages folder, overwriting all files.  This will ensure that all the files in the .pln are in the folder.

Once I started doing that, I never had a missing file in any mod.  This is true for CC3, CC4 and CC5.

I also ran into all these problems and had to use all the tips on this page, but this one finally did it to get rid of the error #5.  
This is my first mod, and I am wondering why my view of the battle field seems so zoomed in and mouse sensitivity is jacked right up?  I'm running the Windows 7 64 bit Release Candidate if that helps.  

Thanks a bunch for the help guys!

Cannoneer

Rep: 47.9

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:56 pm Post subject: Re: Config manager doesn t work Reply with quote

I hope that this is THE email string to end my problems.  I have read through the string and consulted the link provided above.  As previously mentioned:  Vista 64 bit OS.  Installed CCV and Patch using default directory - i.e. Program Files (x86).  Config Manager V1.3 won't install any mods.  I receive an error message similar to that above "Failed to copy C:\Program Files\SSI\Close Combat Invasion Normandy\CC5.exe to System\Original\CC5.exe because …. Does not exist".  I then followed the instructions for changing the registry (changed from Program Files (x86) to Program Files) and still got the same error message.

I have done the brutal method - just moving the entire SSI folder to the Program Files folder with some success.  I got the mod to install but got an error message part of the way through - missing a specific battle.

Any suggestions to getting the Config Manager to work without resorting to the moving of the folder?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: