Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Saxxon

Rep: 0.7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:21 pm Post subject: Super Krauts? Reply with quote

Was playing tihs morning on the South Eiffel Map starting a Grand Campaign.  Defending as US I have troops in positions to Ambush, they are dug in, haven't moved or fired.  Yet, unseen German units are firing on them, from an open field even...  Better still, one MG unit sits in that field, firing north on the map into the house there repeatedly as I try to flank, but oddly, I can't fire to that location, nor see the MG unit unless I suicide men down the hill.  That and having MGs in the houses tearing up my untis but I can't target them to fire back either, just play a guessing game shooting at the walls.  Sneak doesn't work unless you are halfway across the map, othrewise your units are seen the minute they start moving from cover (thru more wooded cover) - yet same units can sit in their foxhole and have the German units sneak up right in their face before being seen.  WTF, just a tad frustrating.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:15 pm Post subject: Re: Super Krauts? Reply with quote

It sounds like your enemy is making good use of available cover.

Use area fire at the muzzle flashes, that should make them squirm a bit then you will see them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

BobbyDazzler

Rep: 1.1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:28 pm Post subject: Re: Super Krauts? Reply with quote

not to forget that the cpu will always know exactly where and what ur units are doing, most anoying aspect of cc cpu is its tank awareness of sneaking at distance e.g. sneaking a pnzsckr 50m from a tank behind cover, 3/5 it will see them and attack them, realism?? not quite what are the chances of a tank crew spotting a sneaking infantry team from 50m behind cover???

Infidel

Rep: 25.4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:34 pm Post subject: Re: Super Krauts? Reply with quote

It would be good if CC armour had a "Button up/unbutton" command.  That way a tank with it's hatch open and the commander looking around has slightly decent awareness, but if a tank is buttoned up then it has near zero awareness.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:45 pm Post subject: Re: Super Krauts? Reply with quote

Quote:
not to forget that the cpu will always know exactly where and what ur units are doing

No, it doesn't
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Saxxon

Rep: 0.7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:36 pm Post subject: Re: Super Krauts? Reply with quote

I'd say a good portion of the time it does seem to act on information it shouldn't have were it a player.  The mention of the Panzerschreck team mirrors the same problem I get with a bazooka team, or any other.  They can't sneak, the AI always picks them out.  Ambushing teams get ambushed themselves.  Yet shoe on the other foot, I have Panzerschreck AI units murder my tanks coming right up on them.  Fact is the AI's units make or get far better use of and benefit from cover then player units.  The one I have in progress right now - MG 42 forced to ground, middle of the street, surounded on 3 sides.  Yet it sits there unhit tearing up the squads overlooking from 2 & 3 story concrete buildings.  Or an AT gun hidden in the woods, tank rolls by on the road across the field, AT gun bounces a round off the tank, tank turns, fires & destroys the AT gun before the gun crew can fire again?  There are some holes in the realism there.

Another goody (supports the "AI always knows" theroy) - had a Bazooka unit stationed to cover a remote Vic Loc, sure enough a Panther breaks off from the main force to capture it.  It drives to it, and then, backs away from the bazooka unit with its front facing that way the whole time.  Meanwhile across the map, I have an AT gun dug in good cover.  A Panzershreck unit (which along with the other Panthers is doing the DOD (Dance of Death, spining & running back & forth) finally move along the road, abot 180m away.  They go to ground, and pick off the AT gun which to that point hasn't done a thing.   And yet my infantry can't see units barely 20m away in the woods while sneaking forward.

Hopefully someone has done some AI tweaking.

Infidel

Rep: 25.4

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:24 pm Post subject: Re: Super Krauts? Reply with quote

Play online not against AI, problem solved.  If you can't play online then I'm afraid it's tough, the AI issues are notorious with CC.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

Jump to: