Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:54 pm Post subject: R.U.S.E What a bullshit! Reply with quote

I recently found out about this game called R.U.S.E developed by Ubisoft. It's still in the beta process though If i understand correctly.  The graphics look great but sadly it's again a "build and send" type of a game. And so much stupid stuff is added into it. Special perks, kits etc. which make the whole thing despite its graphics so unrealistic and childsh. I mean come on what's the point in playing a tactics/strategy game if you have an opition which tells you where your opponent is going to attack! Very Happy

But if a Close Combat 6 is made in the future, i hope it uses such graphics like this, but still sticking to old realistic and easy gameplay.

And if there is anyone who played the game it would be great if you shared your thoughts, since I didn't play it but rather just watched a video about it on youtube :  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_yWnSaDPa4

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:12 pm Post subject: Re: R.U.S.E What a bullshit! Reply with quote

The map view looks awesome. That is what I imagine CC as in the future. But without all the arcade stuff...

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Ejergard

Rep: 8.1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:32 pm Post subject: Re: R.U.S.E What a bullshit! Reply with quote

Maybe it will be possible to mod this?
If so, the possibilities would be greater

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:27 am Post subject: Re: R.U.S.E What a bullshit! Reply with quote

Interesting to see their going to put it on Consoles.

I’m still not sure how I feel about Building up resources; I’m currently playing Company of Heros: Tales of Valor. And it forces the player to use this build up option to get units.

I can live with building units better than I can the Arcade style of play from COH
Units shooting at each other from just mere distances feels a little corny to me.

Infidel

Rep: 25.4

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:28 pm Post subject: Re: R.U.S.E What a bullshit! Reply with quote

If tanks have health bars it's a no go for me.

This game doesn't look my cup of tea I'm afraid, not at all.

Ivan_Zaitzev

Rep: 56.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:10 pm Post subject: Re: R.U.S.E What a bullshit! Reply with quote

Infidel wrote (View Post):
If tanks have health bars it's a no go for me.

Totally agree.

The real Close Combat starts when you are out of ammo.
Have you hugged your AT Gun today?
My Youtube Channel
http://closecombat2.blogspot.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:32 pm Post subject: Re: R.U.S.E What a bullshit! Reply with quote

You can regain your health if you hide... yech
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:38 am Post subject: Re: R.U.S.E What a bullshit! Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
You can regain your health if you hide... yech

The cooler alternative to picking up healthpacks  Laughing

flick

Rep: 17.6

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:24 pm Post subject: Re: R.U.S.E What a bullshit! Reply with quote

If the game is good, I'll buy it. I'll overlook health bars if the strat side of things is as good as it looks.

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:08 pm Post subject: Re: R.U.S.E What a bullshit! Reply with quote

After waiting quite some time for details on this game I was pissed to see what it is. These people put a lot of money and talent together made all the right moves to get this game to console and its going to be an epic fail ... likely reduce the chance for any serious investors from taking on a "risk" like WW2 RTS game for console any time in the near future.

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Hoogley

Rep: 15.7
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:18 am Post subject: Re: R.U.S.E What a bullshit! Reply with quote

I wasn't interested in Ruse at all until I watched this video... the zooming system, with the scaling unit representations... god, that's awesome.

That's it, though.  The game looks arcade as all hell.

Attach that map zooming system to a CC game, and I wouldn't even be whining about unlocking the view from top-down.  That said, it would still look awesome even if it was locked in top-down view.

*drool*

"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum." - They Live

Hoogley

Rep: 15.7
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:57 am Post subject: Re: R.U.S.E What a bullshit! Reply with quote

Again I'm going to bang on about strategic to combat map zooming.  Just because that video has gotten me excitable.

Check out the top-down view part in the beginning of this video of Order of War at IGN

Awesome.  Imagine CC like this.  Come on S3T... do it.  Very Happy

"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum." - They Live

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:41 am Post subject: Re: R.U.S.E What a bullshit! Reply with quote

I bet it's got medics

Priapus

Rep: 18.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:36 pm Post subject: Re: R.U.S.E What a bullshit! Reply with quote

Did anyone buy Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943? I tried the demo, but the graphics were far too fancy for my PC. There were some reviewers suggesting it was the long awaited successor to Close Combat. Although by the sounds of it, infantry plays a pretty minimal role.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:17 pm Post subject: Re: R.U.S.E What a bullshit! Reply with quote

Yeah there was Priapus... me included. It sucked. Theres a thread on that game in this sub forum somewhere.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Andreus

Rep: 16.8

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:33 pm Post subject: Re: R.U.S.E What a bullshit! Reply with quote

southern_land wrote (View Post):
I bet it's got medics

Actually it ain't such a bad idea.
Having the units "healing" during combat is just ridiculous, but rather like the medics in Combat Mission, giving first aid to limit casualties after the battle...

You know, I'm just a normal guy like everyone else. Why, my friends say, "Andreus you're just so cool because you're normal just like everyone else." Yep, normal that's me. - Fallout 2

US_Brake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:38 pm Post subject: Re: R.U.S.E What a bullshit! Reply with quote

In a future CC game medics would bring more historical accuracy. Have medics do what they would do in WW2 including becoming a casualty themselves. I would make them non combatants who run to dead/critically wounded on a % knowing not all wounded soldiers received timely medical help. Successful Medics could save point loss by reducing deaths, while medic casualties could cost no pts. They could draw fire while helping wounded. No magic healings I hate that. I prefer a game look more like a real battle than a pinball machine.

Last edited by US_Brake on Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:58 am; edited 1 time in total

vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:51 pm Post subject: Re: R.U.S.E What a bullshit! Reply with quote

Medics have little practical value in a Close Combat battle.  If the wound is severe enough, the soldier is out of action anyway, medic or no medic, and if the wounds are trivial enough, then the soldiers would be able to patch each other up anyway, medic or no medic.

However, a medic could prevent a casualty from subsequently dying due to battlefield intervention, but that is only useful in Campaign or Operational terms.  If the wounds are that bad, then the soldier could be out of action for the duration of the Operation/Campagin anyway.

It would also be hard to see how a medic could fit into the current simulation, apart from as stretcher bearers to porter off the casualties.  Not that it would be 'wrong' to have them, becasue they were there in real life, but I just doubt whether they would add anything very positive to the game, and could just become a marginal distraction.

But as a Strategic component, that's a different matter.  I suppose it depends on how complex you want it to be, and the more simplistic it is, the less likely it is to be compelling.

I can't see any way that medics could be leveraged into the currentg engine (the programmers would be able to point out any errors in my assumption).  Casualties (wounded) do not have categories of wound, and for a medic to have any significance (i.e. make any difference), they would have to operate depending on the nature of the wounds.  My feeling is that this would just start to bog the game down in details; a distraction.  Would it really contribute to the game play?  Without actually having it as a feature to play with, we can't be 100% sure either way, but my feeling is that it wouldn't work well.

US_Brake

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:29 am Post subject: Re: R.U.S.E What a bullshit! Reply with quote

Good points. I should have been more specific. Nothing (much) can be done with the current CC engine. Im thinking of a future CC on a new modern engine.

vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:59 am Post subject: Re: R.U.S.E What a bullshit! Reply with quote

But there is no reason why Medical Services cannot have a good role at the Strategic Level.  Like I mentioned, any simplistic presentation I think would just be very unsatisfying.  However, the quality and availability of Medical Services could have some significance in the bigger picture.  A straightforward feature would be a relationship between casualties who die from their wounds and those who do not.  Of those that survive, some may be able to return to their units within the scope of a Campaign.  Good medical facilities would have some positive contribution to morale?

It needs thinking through, but handled right, I am sure it would work well enough, but not with the rather primitive CC Strategic presentations as they are, though I don't think it would necessarily make them worse.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: