Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:35 pm Post subject: TLD & WAR - Submods or mods? Reply with quote

Over the years mods for the classic versions of Close Combat were deemed mods or submods. Mods were genereally massive overhauls including new maps. Submods were smaller changes with any combination of changes to the data, sound or graphics and generally did not include maps. With the new way of installing mods, there doesnt seem to be a need to classify mods anymore.

Sound mods would still have thier same classification as the game data or mechanics remains intact, and to make any user aware of exactly what to expect.

With the new way of installing mods for TLD and WAR, should all mods be classified as mods?

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:30 pm Post subject: Re: TLD & WAR - Submods or mods? Reply with quote

No

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:39 am Post subject: Re: TLD & WAR - Submods or mods? Reply with quote

Sub mods in the past required that a certain mod be installed first.....  ie  a mod of a mod.

There is no reason why that convention could not continue.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

dbdawn

Rep: 0.4

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:03 am Post subject: Re: TLD & WAR - Submods or mods? Reply with quote

I say keep it the way it has been classified in the past

DAK_Von_Manteuffel

Rep: 17.9

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:43 am Post subject: Re: TLD & WAR - Submods or mods? Reply with quote

I understand that changing the mechanics of installation (without the manager plugins) and install the new system, no difference whether to install a mod before. or not, but should maintain the same philosophy, (the same name) so the player can differentiate what is a mod and a submode.

Greetings.

El general que vence , siempre tiene razón.

Glote

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:18 am Post subject: Re: TLD & WAR - Submods or mods? Reply with quote

Hi, just a small question, can we install CC5 mods (ei GJS, Stalingrad...) on TLD?

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:44 am Post subject: Re: TLD & WAR - Submods or mods? Reply with quote

No.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:22 pm Post subject: Re: TLD & WAR - Submods or mods? Reply with quote

Not sure where to post this but how does one create custom Battles for WAR?

I would like to be able to try and create several custom Battles using any of the various units from each side.
And would it be possible to do the same for Operations?

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:16 pm Post subject: Re: TLD & WAR - Submods or mods? Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
Not sure where to post this but how does one create custom Battles for WAR?

I would like to be able to try and create several custom Battles using any of the various units from each side.
And would it be possible to do the same for Operations?

a new tool needs to be created.

Has anyone tried to edit the CCReq files manually to see if it could take TLD or WaR Data? I mean both datas are practically ordered the same way (except for BGroups and FPool txts) but different kinds of format(adb vs txt). Also I don't know how it would work with the TLD maps, I guess trying to edit the CC5 index.mpi to add the TLD maps so CCreq sees them.

I think it should be a simple process for the creator really, as he would only need to drop the extracting adb step, re-accommodate the format of BG and FP files and add support for the Campaign.txt and Stratmap.txt. Don't know if save files are different, I'm guessing they are so he should change that too.

Simple!  :wink:

////Forgot to add that support for custom BGs and FPs on operations would be awesome. Something that I always wished for in CC5. Imagine playing with a BG that has a mixed force of AB and Army units in its FP against SS, Ostruppen and FJ units for an operation. Basically that the custom Forcepool edited with CCreq could be carried over multiple maps and days.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop

Jump to: