Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:08 pm Post subject: Der Kessel needs some serious changes! Reply with quote

First of all I would like to thank pzjager for doing such a good job with this mod. I mean the maps are excellent, the sounds are terrific and the whole atmosphere takes you inside. But there are some issues which sadly ruin the gameplay:

1.  Artillery, rockets, 122mm mortar are too powerful.  If you have such assets in your BG you guarantee to make 10-20 kills without doing anything else.

2. The forward observers, artillery obeservers fire indirectly, like mortars. This makes them too powerful and seriously disrupts the gameplay. It would be much better if they were made to fire with direct LOS.

3. It is now a fact that infantry weapons' effectiveness have been reduced. But apparently ATG's are also tweaked to make them less effective. This ruins the game sadly. We are playing through the SDK GC with a friend of mine, i am playing as the russians, he as the germans. He has fired hundreds of shells with his pak40 to my t34 and kv1s but hasn't made a kill yet. Ok, t34 and kv are strong tanks but what about the inferior german tanks? As for the russians, I have fired on the pzkpfw IV and sturmgeschütz a lot of times with my 76.2mm ATG but wasnt able to destroy them. I mean I fired to the tank from 40 meters but the only result was immobilization.

4. Snipers seem to be awefully ineffective. I mean Stalingrad was the battle where lots of sniping took place and very famous snipers broke their records here. But most of the time if you fire to a team over a distance between 200-300m with a sniper, you will waste 40 rounds, and will make 2-3 kills maybe. And If the enemy is inside a building your sniper wont be able to snipe them, then he will make 1 kill probably. Weren't snipers effective in building to building skirmishes?

These mentioned above are the most important things which ruin the potentially awesome SDK. They undermine the tactical gameplay and are not realistic in my opinion. So pzjager if you are working on SDK 1.3 or a patch, I think it would be excellent if you took these into consideration. Then this mod would be perfect and definitely my favorite Smile

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:23 pm Post subject: Re: Der Kessel needs some serious changes! Reply with quote

Did you add the H2H submod?

CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel was designed for single player against the computer as Russian.

Last edited by Tejszd on Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:09 pm Post subject: Re: Der Kessel needs some serious changes! Reply with quote

Yes, we reached these conclusions on a H2H GC,  H2H submod installed.

ke_mechial

Rep: 89.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:03 pm Post subject: Re: Der Kessel needs some serious changes! Reply with quote

Yes I agree with him. I feel the same way about the armor of russian Tanks.

flick

Rep: 17.6

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:36 pm Post subject: Re: Der Kessel needs some serious changes! Reply with quote

Did anyone ever get in touch with pzjager about the update?

CC_CO

Rep: 32.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:18 pm Post subject: Re: Der Kessel needs some serious changes! Reply with quote

1. I dont agree in the fact that artillery and morters are too powerful. During WWII entire formations was wiped out by artillery and mortage barrages. Gameplay-wise, the destruction these weapons has in Der Kessel, makes you think one more time when moving BGs on the strategic map. Meeting engagement against a BG with powerful arty is really dangerous.

2. Forward Observers are powerful. I have already had heavy losses due to forward axis observers. So now im thinking twice before massing my men on those maps where i have to gain ground as the attacker, in order for my opponent not to contain me into a too little battlespace, where im more easily anahilated.

3. Well im also playing a H2H GC at the moment, as the Russians, and my opponent´s PAK 40, has taken out several of my T34s. Most of my KV1s hasent been destroyed by PAK fire, including from the PAK 40, however, the KV1-crews has been injured and the vechiles them selfs also dammaged, thus for most part lost after battle. A few has maybe been repped and send back to the forcepoll, although im not sure tbh?

4. Snipers, well, in some battles my opponents Axis snipers killed at least 5 of my troops, but i dont know if they are too underpowered, since i have used my own to sneak behind enemy lines, trying to find those dammed arty observers.

kukov

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:06 pm Post subject: Re: Der Kessel needs some serious changes! Reply with quote

Pzt_Crackwise wrote (View Post):
First of all I would like to thank pzjager for doing such a good job with this mod. I mean the maps are excellent, the sounds are terrific and the whole atmosphere takes you inside. But there are some issues which sadly ruin the gameplay:

1.  Artillery, rockets, 122mm mortar are too powerful.  If you have such assets in your BG you guarantee to make 10-20 kills without doing anything else.

2. The forward observers, artillery obeservers fire indirectly, like mortars. This makes them too powerful and seriously disrupts the gameplay. It would be much better if they were made to fire with direct LOS.

3. It is now a fact that infantry weapons' effectiveness have been reduced. But apparently ATG's are also tweaked to make them less effective. This ruins the game sadly. We are playing through the SDK GC with a friend of mine, i am playing as the russians, he as the germans. He has fired hundreds of shells with his pak40 to my t34 and kv1s but hasn't made a kill yet. Ok, t34 and kv are strong tanks but what about the inferior german tanks? As for the russians, I have fired on the pzkpfw IV and sturmgeschütz a lot of times with my 76.2mm ATG but wasnt able to destroy them. I mean I fired to the tank from 40 meters but the only result was immobilization.

4. Snipers seem to be awefully ineffective. I mean Stalingrad was the battle where lots of sniping took place and very famous snipers broke their records here. But most of the time if you fire to a team over a distance between 200-300m with a sniper, you will waste 40 rounds, and will make 2-3 kills maybe. And If the enemy is inside a building your sniper wont be able to snipe them, then he will make 1 kill probably. Weren't snipers effective in building to building skirmishes?

These mentioned above are the most important things which ruin the potentially awesome SDK. They undermine the tactical gameplay and are not realistic in my opinion. So pzjager if you are working on SDK 1.3 or a patch, I think it would be excellent if you took these into consideration. Then this mod would be perfect and definitely my favorite Smile

This is the best mod IMO

I agree with the Snipers and AT guns being on the weak side though.  Also I often play this mod as the Germans and get really annoyed by the fact that the Russians sometimes just dont attack.  They make a couple of feeble probes and then seem to totally freeze up leaving me in an awkward position having to assault them with weakened troops with hardly any AT capability in the open to force a conclusion to the battle.  I think though this is mainly to do with the original games AI being poor.  Anyone else experience this?

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:40 pm Post subject: Re: Der Kessel needs some serious changes! Reply with quote

I don't have much of a problem with AT capabilities. My problem is after a kill or two... the PAK (or anything killing Russian armor) is immediately pounded by Arty or Kats  Shocked . It makes you pick and choose whether you want the kill or that unit to survive. I like for my German sniper, if they have ammo, to fire on moving Russians temporarily making them go belly down at least for a moment. They are effective from shorter ranges, but like anything else, after a kill or two--- they better get out of there to survive.

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

salhexe

Rep: 70.1
votes: 6

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:23 pm Post subject: Re: Der Kessel needs some serious changes! Reply with quote

If you ordered them to shoot you soon discovered, you have order to defend they will know when to hit and will have less chance of being discovered.

dgfred

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:37 pm Post subject: Re: Der Kessel needs some serious changes! Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip salhexe Cool .

By the way: I am STILL unable to download your BOB vetmod Crying or Very sad . Every time I try the entire file downloads to my plugin file. For some reason I can not extract it without this happening.
I did not have any problems with all the SDK mods or submods. Any ideas?

salhexe

Rep: 70.1
votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:24 am Post subject: Re: Der Kessel needs some serious changes! Reply with quote

I tried right now and download work. It is a zip file, you install them manually.

I am currently working on version 3.6 for various improvements

Cheers

dgfred

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:51 pm Post subject: Re: Der Kessel needs some serious changes! Reply with quote

I don't know if you remember, but I had the same problem several years back trying to download them from CSO... same problem now. I am a computer dunce, I'm sure I am just skipping or missing some part of the manual install... but I can't figure out which part.  Embarassed

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel

Jump to: