Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
mellenthin

Rep: 9.5

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:21 pm Post subject: Do people actually get very far in mp CC5 campaigns? Reply with quote

I was wondering how far people have gotten in multiplayer CC5 campaign.

Isn't the network crashing after campaign battles universal?

7A_Loki

Rep: 37.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:07 pm Post subject: Re: Do people actually get very far in mp CC5 campaigns? Reply with quote

I have several h2h GC's that are very far along, I have one SAS GC that has 5 days to go and an Overlord DDay plus14 that is more than halfway done! I also have one in WaR that is also over halfway finished! The reason they have gone on so long is they are competitive, when they stop being competitive one side usually surrenders!

The key to h2h imo is finding a person who will  be a dedicated player! Some players start off very enthusiastic but fade after a while never to be seen again! H2h play is the best way to play CC. The AI offers no challenge what so ever! There are several dedicated players out there a lot of them frequent Gamespy.  Many of them are in clans not all but many! Clans offer a good way to meet people who are not always in GameSpy, Clanmates often play through TCP or Hamachi and never even goto GameSpy. So if your interested in online and want to meet some decent people and players look into clans as an alternative. I hope this helps!

The second part of your question I am unable to answer, sorry!

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:20 am Post subject: Re: Do people actually get very far in mp CC5 campaigns? Reply with quote

The game crashes from time to time, you can't avoid that!  Sad

...but all you can do is to replay or repaint the battle, and go to the next. Cause we play for the enjoyment of playing, don't we? (I've heard that it's fun to win too, but then I've to play against the AI...  Wink )

As my mate Loki says; -Find a good h2h opponent or join a clan, that's the best way to enjoy the game.

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

mellenthin

Rep: 9.5

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:51 pm Post subject: Re: Do people actually get very far in mp CC5 campaigns? Reply with quote

I guess that's right, in the last 2 days I have played the first half day of a Gold Sword Juno campaign with someone on gameranger. We only had to replay 2 battles  Smile

Garnier44

Rep: 0.5

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:51 am Post subject: Re: Do people actually get very far in mp CC5 campaigns? Reply with quote

So do people just live with it crashing at the end of the battle every few battles, and refighting the same thing again?  

I've tried to play campaigns with my brother many times but it is extremely frustrating to play a battle and then have it crash right at the end without saving.  If this game was stable it would be an excellent game.

My page

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:19 am Post subject: Re: Do people actually get very far in mp CC5 campaigns? Reply with quote

We've adapted. If a game crashes at the end, when the timer reaches 00:00 you have some options. Option one is to replay. Option two is to recreate the battle by just capturing the land you got without a fight and trucing. Option three is to do option two but recreate significant losses. For example, I lost Panther tanks, opponent lost nothing much of inportant. I send out my Panthers into full LOS of some ATGs of his and order them to fire at the ground while his 17pdr kills them. Infantry losses a bit hard to recreate, I've never done it.

The amount of crashes some people are describing is not something I have come across. Been playing since 1999. Many many online campaigns. If you get end of game crashes please post what happens.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Garnier44

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:24 pm Post subject: Re: Do people actually get very far in mp CC5 campaigns? Reply with quote

I play with my brother, and we play 10 minute chunks and then if either side wants a truce the other must also truce.  This way we only lose 10 minutes if it does crash.

It happened once last night (out of 4 games), where he had clicked truce some time before, and right when I clicked it his game crashed "Encountered a problem and needs to close".  He was the host.  I think all of our crashes have been on the host's end.  

After his game crashed, mine waiting a few minutes and then said connection lost, and went back to menu.  This time, oddly, the game skipped the rest of that turn on the strategic map automatically.  It also acted as though our battle had not been fought.  When we launched again, the savegame was next turn, several unfought battles had been skipped from last turn.

My page

Garnier44

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:15 am Post subject: Re: Do people actually get very far in mp CC5 campaigns? Reply with quote

Gah, it's back to crashing after roughly every other battle.  Can't play like this.  Wish I knew how people got around it or what I was doing wrong...

My page

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:24 am Post subject: Re: Do people actually get very far in mp CC5 campaigns? Reply with quote

It doesn't crash that often.... by a long shot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:31 am Post subject: Re: Do people actually get very far in mp CC5 campaigns? Reply with quote

Post the file Garnier44. I will host it with someone and see what happens.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Garnier44

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:32 pm Post subject: Re: Do people actually get very far in mp CC5 campaigns? Reply with quote

It is a GJS campaign, not vanilla.  I doubt the crashing is because of GJS though, because we've tried to play vanilla campaigns before and always crashed a lot.  We did successfully patch to 5.01.

http://www.filefront.com/15507861/MP_Garnier.zip

My page

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer

Jump to: