Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1212
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
mellenthin

Rep: 9.5

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:36 am Post subject: Command squads use? Reply with quote

I am playing the GJS mod and I noticed that my command squads have less soldiers in them than regular rifle squads. Is there a reason to use commanders? Are they supposed to effect morale of nearby soldiers?

zygov

Rep: 2.7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:47 am Post subject: Re: Command squads use? Reply with quote

Of course commanders play important role. It is special seen in mod like 'Winter War' where i had nkvd commanders with high morale. When i attack Finns hiding in house with my Russian Conscript soldiers (unexperienced and with low morale) without support from nkvd commanders they were easly beaten by opponent and all dead. With commanders support from close range they didnt panic and maintain good morale. Keep good morale and your soldiers will do the rest for your success Wink

davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:15 am Post subject: Re: Command squads use? Reply with quote

hold down the space bar to see the circled area other units have to be inside of, in order to be affected by the command unit. Select "show morale" in the status indicators option menu to see the varying degrees of morale other units have as you move them in and out of the command unit's circled area of influence.

Last edited by davidssfx on Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

DAK_Von_Manteuffel

Rep: 17.9

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:57 pm Post subject: Re: Command squads use? Reply with quote

The moral effect on the troops is when morality play on, or off also? ..

El general que vence , siempre tiene razón.

Garnier44

Rep: 0.5

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:38 pm Post subject: Re: Command squads use? Reply with quote

Here are some questions.   Smile

Does it only affect morale?

Also does it matter which of the three platoons the units are in, or can any command unit help any regular unit?

Do multiple command units stack their bonus, or does only the best command unit in range help?

Is there a way to know which units are command units always, or do you have to assume based on name?

Do command tanks help only tanks, or are command tanks just like any other command unit for this purpose?

My page

zygov

Rep: 2.7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:11 am Post subject: Re: Command squads use? Reply with quote

Chek it out by yourself Mad

reinald

Rep: 20.3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:32 am Post subject: Re: Command squads use? Reply with quote

Does it only affect morale?

No. Also skills, like e.g. accuracy.

Also does it matter which of the three platoons the units are in, or can any command unit help any regular unit?

No, every command team positively affects every regualr unit in command range.

Do multiple command units stack their bonus, or does only the best command unit in range help?

No stacking.

Is there a way to know which units are command units always, or do you have to assume based on name?

The designations are self explanatory. A command team will be name " ... command ..." something. Or "... leader ...." something.

Do command tanks help only tanks, or are command tanks just like any other command unit for this purpose?

No.

Garnier44

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:49 pm Post subject: Re: Command squads use? Reply with quote

Thank you.  I see that every unit has a leader with leader skill of some level, am I right in supposing that:

A unit gains leader bonuses from the best leader who's radius the unit is within?

This would mean if I had a rifle squad with a good leader, he could give the leader bonus to another unit close by.  So command units don't get an inherent bonus, they just are more likely to have good leaders in them.

My page

reinald

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:44 pm Post subject: Re: Command squads use? Reply with quote

A unit gains leader bonuses from the best leader who's radius the unit is within?

* Dunno, really. Maybe that or the first within range.

This would mean if I had a rifle squad with a good leader, he could give the leader bonus to another unit close by.  

* AFAIK no. Only command teams influence other teams.

So command units don't get an inherent bonus, they just are more likely to have good leaders in them.

* As said, if I'm not toally mistaken (after playing the game for 12 years), only command teams influence others. I can't remember e.g.   to ever have seen panicking soldiers recovering because another non-command team was close by. I think the command range of non-command teams is indicated by circles when you hit the space bar because soldiers can split off from their teams. So when a split off teammember is inside his leader's command range, he'll be reattached to the team. Maybe that's at the bottom of your confusion.

Garnier44

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:17 pm Post subject: Re: Command squads use? Reply with quote

That would make sense.

My page

KGPeiper

Rep: 25.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:50 pm Post subject: Re: Command squads use? Reply with quote

reinald wrote (View Post):

* Dunno, really. Maybe that or the first within range.

This would mean if I had a rifle squad with a good leader, he could give the leader bonus to another unit close by.  

* AFAIK no. Only command teams influence other teams.

So command units don't get an inherent bonus, they just are more likely to have good leaders in them.

* As said, if I'm not toally mistaken (after playing the game for 12 years), only command teams influence others. I can't remember e.g.   to ever have seen panicking soldiers recovering because another non-command team was close by. I think the command range of non-command teams is indicated by circles when you hit the space bar because soldiers can split off from their teams. So when a split off teammember is inside his leader's command range, he'll be reattached to the team. Maybe that's at the bottom of your confusion.

Hmm... Then why all units when - You press space bar - have circles over them? Some are smaller and darker other are bigger and brighter Wink And of course it is not a mistery that Command Teams keeps in the best way cohesion of nearby units and gives them bigger bonuses in accuracy/morale than any other units even whit good team leader... in my experience I've seen Grenadieren who lost team leader and assistant leader, get panic and then get rallied when 'fresh' LiechtesMG34 lay near them...

reinald

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:02 am Post subject: Re: Command squads use? Reply with quote

I'm not sure, but I think it is like I stated above:

Quote:
I think the command range of non-command teams is indicated by circles when you hit the space bar because soldiers can split off from their teams. So when a split off teammember is inside his leader's command range, he'll be reattached to the team. Maybe that's at the bottom of your confusion.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: