Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Author
davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:10 pm Post subject: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Team Roster

1) Regular players:
a) Must play only one side
b) May take Strategic move turns. If you are unsure of how to take a Strategic move turn (or don't want to) ... then just wait for another Regular player to do it.
c) Can not view opponent's Strategic map (via opponent's save files)
d) plays a least one battle per week

2) Casual Players:
a) May play either side ... if no other choice is available, but make an effort to play just one side.
b) Should not take Strategic move turns. Please wait for a Regular player to take Strategic move turns.
c) Make an effort to not view Strategic overview of opposing side

Allied Regular:
davidssfx
namztukxam
Firefrost

Axis Regular:
hOsTyLe
lorman
Priapus
mooxe

Casual:
ChrisC (QuietGeorgey)
MarkM (HoleyDooley)
cOMRADvZAD (tartarean)
stiener
RD_DeathDealer

Updated information - edited March 8 2010
I'll add new instructions here (in front of the original post) to update any new players with information you need to know ... so you don't have to read through all the posts.

TLD Public Grand Campaign

1) Human opponents only ... No AI
2) requires TLD version 5.50.07 (latest Matrix patch Released: 4 NOV 2009)
3) requires OnGroundFX Sound Mod Version 2 ... available to download here:

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=4146

4) download last saved game file from this forum ... and put it in your "OnGroundFX\Games\Save" folder:
C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat The Longest Day\OnGroundFX\Games\Save
note: extract the file first ... if it is zipped

5) If you know you're going to play for sure ... then post a "Campaign Blocked" message in the forum. This will prevent other players from playing the same battle out of turn.

6) connect with your opponent (via the "OnGroundFX" launch/start icon) ... and select the saved game you put in your "OnGroundFX\Games\Save" folder.

7) Select any units you want for your Active Roster from the available Force Pool ... but the BG's point total must remain within the next (rounded up to) 50 points. Example: Enter the Battle Group screen, view points ... (371 pts. Total). Round up to the next 50 ... Maximum points allowed after any changes to the Active Roster (400 pts. Total). Example 2: (502 pts Total) ... round up to the next 50 ... Maximum allowed, (550 pts. Total).

8) when your battle is finished ... please save your battle in this naming format:

TLD Public GC1 save 3

Example:

"TLD Public GC1 save 3"
The #1 is the Grand Campaign number (to save confusion with future Campaigns), and the #3 is the save version. Next person is obligated to save it as:
"TLD Public GC1 save 4"
If you have two or more battles in a row ... remember to count them in the save number, so the battle and save count stay aligned 

9) post your saved game file as an attachment, with any notes you want to add (zip the file before attaching).
Add "Allied save" or "Axis save" depending on which side you were playing when you saved the game.

10) Also ... please post the outcome of the battle as described in the "Battle Debrief" screen.
Example: Decisive German Victory
Or post a screen shot of it.

11) VL Rule: A player may only deploy forces in setup areas that are solidly (or 'block') connected to a VL under friendly control. Areas touching by corner only are not considered to be connected.

Posted below is a Campaign Debrief Strategic Map; showing: map connections, Supply Depots, and areas of control ... with updates reflecting the current state of the Campaign.
note:
1) Red outline is German control, Blue is Allied, and white outline is mixed control
2) Battle order is listed under map titles.

TLD Public GC 1 Results save 79.jpg
 Description:
Campaign Results Strategic Map March 17 2010
 Filesize:  1.49 MB
 Viewed:  19088 Time(s)

TLD Public GC 1 Results save 79.jpg

Last edited by davidssfx on Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:08 am; edited 122 times in total

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:51 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Excellent idea. Yes you can post your files here one of two ways. Zip the file and attach it to a post, or name the file with a .GC extension and you can  upload without zipping. When posting a saved game make you indicate what side (axis or allied) that save file is for. Any Pzt want to weigh in, you guys have lots of experience posting files and online GCs.

David if you can muster up enough interest we can make it a larger event. Instead of guys finding random players on Hamachi (or where ever), starting a new GC and only playing two battles then parting for good, a battle downloaded here can be continued for quite a long time or untill a winner is called.

If they get played, depending on how much I will do twice a month or once a month reports on the main page on the GCs progress.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

davidssfx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:14 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

I moved this text from the first post to avoid confusion for anyone new trying to figure this out.

Beginning of original first post:

Have an idea of how to play a Grand Campaign with other players involved. A real life Campaign of this size would involve many different commanders of varying ranks and abilities ... so

1) Sign in to Hamanchi to see if there are any available opponents wanting to play out this Grand Campaign. Identify yourself by adding this to your name ... here is an example using my log in name "davidssfx".

davidssfx (TLD Open GC 1)

Hamanchi CCS servers are:
Close Combat Series, Close Combat Series 2, and Close Combat Series 3.
(or any other agreed upon connection method)

note: I prefer to use TLD with a sound mod I recently put together ... is negotiable, if others don't want to though. Sound Mod is called "TLD_OnGroundFX_SoundMod_v2.0_installer.zip"
available to download here at CCS:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=4146

2) Have an online battle (as mentioned above).

3) When finished ... post your saved game here (I think it's possible to do ... if it's OK with mooxe).

4) The next battle played will use the latest posted saved game file ... by putting it in their saved game folder. example here:
C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat The Longest Day\OnGroundFX\Games\Save
file should differ by date after each battle, and can be compared between players by using the date.

5) Post your saved game file here, and any other notes about the battle you want to share.

If you are interested, or think there is any reason this won't work ... then post here.

thanks
David

Last edited by davidssfx on Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:14 am; edited 2 times in total

davidssfx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:29 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

I thought it might be best to include players who prefer playing against the AI ... or can't find an online opponent when they have time to play, but still want to join in.
I wanted to get things started, so elected to begin against the AI ... commanding the Allies. I starting with the pre picked units, but didn't do very well. My deployment zones were center of map and a small portion of bottom left. My 57mm was in a good position but was taken out early by mortar fire. I sent two large groups to capture the top left VL, one from the bottom left, and the other from center right. The AI started moving in from the bottom right, and was also firing from right center ... in the field and hedges. They were held back with MG and Rifle units at center of map buildings.
Meanwhile, both groups had reached there attack position for the top left VL ... and it seemed there was only a couple of units defending, so I moved both groups fast to pinch them quickly. But it turned out most of the AI units were in this location ... and both sides took heavy casualties.
A major Allied victory, but costly.

Saved file is posted below ... it's zipped, so just extract it and put it in the previously mentioned folder. (Commanded Allies)

TLD Open GC 1 1st turn.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  209.68 KB
 Viewed:  19864 Time(s)

TLD Open GC 1 1st turn.JPG

The Longest Day Open GC 1.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  The Longest Day Open GC 1.zip
 Filesize:  80.6 KB
 Downloaded:  553 Time(s)

kasta

Rep: 4.9

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:21 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Sounds like alot of fun. Thanks for getting a sound mod! Without a good sound mod you loose that "battle" atmosphere.

Cause what you reap...is what you sow...MOW FOW...

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:43 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

One question though, isn't it better if the participators are grouped in two teams as germans and allies. I mean it would be kind of awkward if I played as germans one turn, then as allies the other turn.

Other thing is I think playing against AI idea is good to get only-AI-players involved, but still I think it will disrupt the general game progress.

But your ideas are quite original and maybe I'm wrong and it will be lots of fun, who knows Smile

davidssfx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:56 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

kasta wrote (View Post):
Sounds like alot of fun. Thanks for getting a sound mod! Without a good sound mod you loose that "battle" atmosphere.

You're welcome ... thanks for the comments

davidssfx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:12 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Pzt_Crackwise wrote (View Post):
One question though, isn't it better if the participators are grouped in two teams as germans and allies. I mean it would be kind of awkward if I played as germans one turn, then as allies the other turn.

Other thing is I think playing against AI idea is good to get only-AI-players involved, but still I think it will disrupt the general game progress.

But your ideas are quite original and maybe I'm wrong and it will be lots of fun, who knows Smile

You're right, it may be best to have Allies and Axis teams ... for now, maybe players could just continue with whichever side they start with. But who's to stop someone from being a double agent  Smile

You may be right too about AI battles, but I still ended up having a decent battle against the AI.
I'd prefer to go against an online opponent though.

dadzen

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:46 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Must say we are currently testing the idea like here proposed at www.war-game.ucoz.ru
Unfortunately the forum is in russian, but english would be understandable as well.
Random players - quite excellent idea. We have two teams with BG`s fixed for each player and so suffering some problems with dynamic of Grand Campaign.
Being a commander of Allies in that currently played game, I`d like to try my skills at german side in your campaign.

davidssfx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:24 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Had an online battle with "QuietGeorgy", for the second turn.
Ended up an Allied victory, but the Axis put up a tough fight ... superb opponent.

here is the next saved game file: (Allied save)

Description:

Download
 Filesize:  81.2 KB
 Downloaded:  602 Time(s)

davidssfx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:32 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Sound Mod now available here:

ChrisC

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:23 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Wouldn't it be an idea that if someone picks up the save game he just leaves a note in the forums. So, the game is "blocked"...I liked the idea of making teams for Axis and Allies and have this GC fought h2h...as the AI is no real deal for any passionate player...

ChrisC (QuietGeorgey)

davidssfx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:03 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

ChrisC wrote (View Post):
Wouldn't it be an idea that if someone picks up the save game he just leaves a note in the forums. So, the game is "blocked"...I liked the idea of making teams for Axis and Allies and have this GC fought h2h...as the AI is no real deal for any passionate player...

ChrisC (QuietGeorgey)

Hi Chris,
I think you and Pzt_Crackwise are right ... human opponents only. No AI

Good idea too about having someway of blocking the next turn, so the battle you are about to play is counted. If this type of campaign gains popularity ... then something will need to be figured out (hint at Matrix).
Blocking my cause problems though, if players don't post back ... then the campaign is jammed, etc.
It's not a problem here yet, since not many are participating ... so the first file back should be the one that counts.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:14 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

My Suggestions....

- A player should notify that he has the file out by posting in the thread.
- A player should have about... 6hrs to post the results
- If the 6hrs passes, a moderator shall delete his post saying the file is out thereby opening it up again for other players

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

davidssfx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:07 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
My Suggestions....

- A player should notify that he has the file out by posting in the thread.
- A player should have about... 6hrs to post the results
- If the 6hrs passes, a moderator shall delete his post saying the file is out thereby opening it up again for other players

sounds like that is the way to go

davidssfx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:27 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

The Allies suffered a tough defeat, and lost control of the entire map.
Mooxe joined the Grand Campaign on the Axis side and pinned me down in the bottom left corner of the Le Fiere map.
He had a couple of French tanks, a PAK 40, and what sounded like 3 MG42's.
I'll partly excuse my defeat due to the deployment zone given, but admit mooxe had all the LOS figured. The only small victories for the Allies was a single bazooka soldier got the PAK 40, and the 57mm got a tank, but I had to send a mortar team into an open field as a distraction, as well as another unit further along ... neither escaped  unharmed. The rest was all mooxe.
Tough one for the paratroopers, but I'm sure they faced much worse in real life. Jumping into Normandy in the dark behind enemy lines must have been terrifying ... hats off to all of them.

Mooxe mentioned that it may be best to set a point limit or something to keep things even. I usually just change out one unit.

So for the remainder of this campaign ... please only exchange one unit per battle ... maximum. And just keep the rest as the game deals 'em out.

Thanks for joining in mooxe ... great commander and competitor.

here is the latest saved game file (Allied save):
I'll be back on PM shift this week, so won't able to do much (if any) CC stuff  ... so feel free to grab the file and continue on.

Description:

Download
 Filesize:  81.06 KB
 Downloaded:  499 Time(s)

ChrisC

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:05 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

I hereby block the GC and will post the Save Game when finished!

EDIT: I played RD_DeathDealer! Unfortunately, and due to my overworked brain I took the wrong saved game and we fought the battles that have already taken place...La Fiere and Amfreville. Stupid, Stupid... Rolling Eyes So no upload here!
Dang!

EDIT EDIT: Please note that the Saved Games are found in the OnGroundFX folder when you have the sound mod installed!!!! That's why I took the wrong file!!!

davidssfx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:02 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

ChrisC wrote (View Post):
I hereby block the GC and will post the Save Game when finished!

EDIT: I played RD_DeathDealer! Unfortunately, and due to my overworked brain I took the wrong saved game and we fought the battles that have already taken place...La Fiere and Amfreville. Stupid, Stupid... Rolling Eyes So no upload here!
Dang!

EDIT EDIT: Please note that the Saved Games are found in the OnGroundFX folder when you have the sound mod installed!!!! That's why I took the wrong file!!!

too bad about your problem ... but I guess these things happen in the early stages of new ideas. The mistakes made now may help smooth things out for future players.  Smile

also ... it may be possible to defer some confusion by saving the game after a battle with a number value. I noticed the save game feature doesn't display the current name of the campaign though ... so you would have to make the name shorter (easier to remember) and/or write in down for reference. Example.
"TLD Public GC 1 save 3"
The #1 is the Grand Campaign number (to save confusion with future Campaigns), and the #3 is the save version. Next person is obligated to save it as:
"TLD Public GC 1 save 4"

just an idea ... nothing written in stone.  Cool

Last edited by davidssfx on Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total

davidssfx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:26 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Let's keep this moving ahead logically ... and save the game file as mentioned above.

Next file posted should be "save 4"

Please name next uploaded save file like this ... if possible:

TLD Public GC 1 save 4

Thanks

note: it should also help stop confusion, because you will see the save number version displayed in the battle you open - in game.

davidssfx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:05 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Updated instructions for this Campaign have been posted at the top of the first post of this topic.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Jump to: