Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1219
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:25 pm Post subject: Armored Brigade - Against the Odds Reply with quote

An Armored Brigade battle report.
Armored Brigade is a cool freeware game similar to Close Combat but with less dramatism and gore and more modern mechanics. Yeah and a working AI.

A reinforced infantry company is trying to stop an unexpected OPFOR attack. Inspired by this thingie.

The bright green writing on screens is my descriptions.

My forces:
1 Infantry HQ
3 Infantry Platoons
3 M47 Dragon Sections
1 TOW-2 Section
1 Medium Mortar Section
1 Scout Section
Two AH-1F Cobra gunships.

Enemy forces:
2 T72B Tank Platoons
1 BMP2 Mechanized Infantry Company
1 Medium Mortar Section
1 BRDM-2 Scout Section
Artillery Support (18 tubes)

3 Enemy AFVs from the second screen advance forward. The front one gets engaged by my two TOW-2 ATGM teams.
Both of them miss at the extreme range.
They stop firing after it gets obscured by smoke.

My last M47 section gets destroyed by enemy artillery fire on 41:09.
Things look very bad - the enemy armour (1 T72B tank platoon and 1 BMP2 mechanized infantry company) can get to my VP.
I made a big error by spreading my infantry squads along the line. Also, AT teams need a more limited LoS so that they wouldn't be spotted as easily.

Enemy tanks approached the victory location. I prepared an ambush.

The first tank was engaged too soon by just a single squad (I set the engagement ranges wrong). The squad gets suppressed and destroyed. To make things worse it's fired at not only by the tanks but also by an enemy ZSU-23.

My AGL teams engage the ZSU-23 and get quickly destroyed.

Other two tanks get engaged by two remaining squads. One of them gets destroyed and then both squads run out of LAWs and got destroyed.

All of my remaining forces are in a wrong part of the map and I can't retake the VL, so I give up.

Fuck.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:40 am Post subject: Re: Armored Brigade - Against the Odds Reply with quote

Downloading now Smile

ogrando

Rep: 51.1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:01 pm Post subject: Re: Armored Brigade - Against the Odds Reply with quote

I only quickly try it, but my first impression is good. It reminds me vaguely an army version of "Harpoon". Maybe "steel panther" is better, but this game is in real time.

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:45 pm Post subject: Re: Armored Brigade - Against the Odds Reply with quote

it stops working when i try to run the aBrigade.exe,  how can i fix this i have tried xp competibility option, it still doesnt work

ogrando

Rep: 51.1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:23 am Post subject: Re: Armored Brigade - Against the Odds Reply with quote

I dont know  Sad , to me it work on winXP and win7 too. Are you see an error window, with the type of error?

Take a look in the games forum, or ask for the problem there to the developer Wink

Therion

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:14 pm Post subject: Re: Armored Brigade - Against the Odds Reply with quote

ogrando wrote (View Post):
I only quickly try it, but my first impression is good. It reminds me vaguely an army version of "Harpoon". Maybe "steel panther" is better, but this game is in real time.

Steel Panthers are on a bit too big scale with too precise mechanics to work well for me in TB.
I would like it if I would command a single platoon, but when whole companies are involved, there's way too much micromanagement  for that level of command.
Also, something about its mechanics feels really off to me. It doesn't even have a defined length of a turn.

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:08 am Post subject: Re: Armored Brigade - Against the Odds Reply with quote

ogrando wrote (View Post):
I dont know  Sad , to me it work on winXP and win7 too. Are you see an error window, with the type of error?

Take a look in the games forum, or ask for the problem there to the developer Wink

There is an updated Beta version 6.5, that is not on the main page, if you look in the forums at the site you will find a link, perhaps that might help.

Therion

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:48 pm Post subject: Re: Armored Brigade - Against the Odds Reply with quote

Try asking on the AB forums.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer

Jump to: