Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Author
RD_DeathDealer

Rep: 4.3
votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:18 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

I like Pzt_Crackwise's idea of picking a side.

Maybe a Team Roster for each side can be made in this string and modifed as players join in- or just play one side on 'the honor system'.

Put me on the Allied team.

I'm glad the decision was made to eliminate single player versus the AI-

It would defeat the purpose, throw the campaign out of whack, and ruin the fun.

Twisted Evil

davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:57 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

RD_DeathDealer wrote (View Post):
I like Pzt_Crackwise's idea of picking a side.

Maybe a Team Roster for each side can be made in this string and modifed as players join in- or just play one side on 'the honor system'.

Put me on the Allied team.

Good idea. I'll add a roster under the updated instructions in the first post of this topic ... and update it when required.

Thanks

ChrisC

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:31 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

I played lorman in the Amfreville battle. I had to take Allies as my opponent refused to. Take this as an exception. I did my very best and managed to secure the VL's "to La Fiere" and another one adjacent to it though my DZ was far north.

File attached!

ChrisC(QuietGeorgey)

TLD Public GC 1 save 4.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TLD Public GC 1 save 4.zip
 Filesize:  89.36 KB
 Downloaded:  361 Time(s)

davidssfx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:22 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Thanks for holding Amfreville for the Allies Chris  Smile

Last edited by davidssfx on Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:51 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

It's really nice to see that the whole thing is progressing slowly but steadily. But I am a bit confused about something. Why so you insist on maintaining some amount of points when choosing the teams from the forcepool? And if i have understood correctly, the final decision is to maintain what the game deals out as the battlegroup and exchange only one team. But what's the point in this? I mean if you can not pick your teams according to the map and the tactics you are planning to, then where is the tactics and fun in this?  For example there could only be decided on max allowed tank number points and say it is 5 for instance. Panthers and tigers 1.5 points, all other tanks 1 points. (these are imaginary of course) Halftracks, armored cars  0.5 points or 0 points.

davidssfx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:14 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Pzt_Crackwise wrote (View Post):
It's really nice to see that the whole thing is progressing slowly but steadily. But I am a bit confused about something. Why so you insist on maintaining some amount of points when choosing the teams from the forcepool? And if i have understood correctly, the final decision is to maintain what the game deals out as the battlegroup and exchange only one team. But what's the point in this? I mean if you can not pick your teams according to the map and the tactics you are planning to, then where is the tactics and fun in this?  For example there could only be decided on max allowed tank number points and say it is 5 for instance. Panthers and tigers 1.5 points, all other tanks 1 points. (these are imaginary of course) Halftracks, armored cars  0.5 points or 0 points.

Hi Pzt_Crackwise,
Thanks for the comments. I'm new to the strat side of this ... so am just trying to come up with some type of fair game play. I'm open to suggestions.
If you come up with a formula similar to the one you mentioned above .... and it's relative to TLD Battle Groups ... then we will go with that.
Thanks

RD_DeathDealer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:00 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

I think players should be able to keep or select units in their battlegroup as they wish.

That way they can plan their units according to their tactics and mission on the map.

Twisted Evil

RD_DeathDealer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:15 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

versus HoleyDooley at Merville Battery

Allied paras landed in an open field and HoleyDooley really took some blood for ground.

Here's the link to the Allied save:

OG_TLD_PublicGC_save 5

Last edited by RD_DeathDealer on Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total

MarkM

Rep: 43.9

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:22 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Okay battle fought. AA guns give a warm welcome to the Commandos.

Cheers,

Mark

TLD Public GC 1 save 5.rar
 Description:
Saved Game.

Download
 Filename:  TLD Public GC 1 save 5.rar
 Filesize:  54.74 KB
 Downloaded:  370 Time(s)

davidssfx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:37 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

RD_DeathDealer wrote (View Post):
I think players should be able to keep or select units in their battlegroup as they wish.

That way they can plan their units according to their tactics and mission on the map.

Twisted Evil

Hi, thanks for your comments.
I've been looking into this a little more ... and think you are right about being able to select the units you want in your Battle Group.
I still would like to keep things fair though, so I suggest:

Select any units you want for your Active Roster from the available Force Pool ... but the BG's point total must remain within the next (rounded up to) 50 points. Example: Enter the Battle Group screen, view points ... (371 pts. Total). Round up to the next 50 ... Maximum points allowed after any changes to the Active Roster (400 pts. Total). Example 2: (502 pts Total) ... round up to the next 50 ... Maximum allowed, (550 pts. Total).

In all the TLD battles I've seen so far ... it appears the developers have given each side a total amount of points that is nearly even. So rounding up to the next 50 will keep this designed fairness.
Some BG's have lots of high value assets available in their Force Pool, while the opposing BG has very little or none. Without a points limit, in this situation, the points spread could potentially be far too big.

With this limit system you will have to sacrifice quantity for quality ... if desired. Example: if you want a high valued asset, like a tank, then you will probably have to remove other units of less value to stay under the limit.

So I'll go ahead and make this change and see how it works. Comments/suggestions welcome.

davidssfx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:14 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Also ... please post the outcome of the battle as described in the "Battle Debrief" screen.
Example: Decisive German Victory
Or post a screen shot of it.

I'm working on a Campaign Debriefing screen that can be updated with weekly results, and would like to add a generic description of each battle (the TLD description works well for this), along with players names, and map name.

Thanks

Priapus

Rep: 18.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:07 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Hey, I'd like to get involved if you guys are still taking on recruits. I'd prefer to play as the Germans if that's possible.

Cheers, Priapus

davidssfx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:13 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

A Campaign results screen has been added to the first post of this topic.

Last edited by davidssfx on Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:22 am; edited 3 times in total

davidssfx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:16 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Priapus wrote (View Post):
Hey, I'd like to get involved if you guys are still taking on recruits. I'd prefer to play as the Germans if that's possible.

Cheers, Priapus

Hi Priapus,
Everyone is welcome  :)

You've been added to the German Team Roster.

davidssfx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:32 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Just figured out I've been using an outdated beta patch instead of the latest retail one ... may have caused some problems with connection or something. Sorry for my goof up ... got it all straightened out now (thanks to schrecken and panzerlehr62).

Make sure you use the 5.50.07 patch
and not the 5.50.07b

RD_DeathDealer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:26 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

versus the Davidssfx at Pegasus Bridge-

Paras did well and made some ground...

Link to Allied save:

Allied Save #6

Last edited by RD_DeathDealer on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total

davidssfx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:47 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Switched and went as German side, due to lack of players when I'm available. Tried my best, but couldn't hold back RD_DD ... he's excellent at suppression and maneuvers!

I'll post the German side save below

note: next turn requires Strategic movement

TLD Public GC 1 save 6.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TLD Public GC 1 save 6.zip
 Filesize:  84.47 KB
 Downloaded:  337 Time(s)

davidssfx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:00 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

The Allied Airborne phase of the invasion is well under way ... and now the Seaborne invasion has begun.
4th Infantry Division is first to hit the beaches at Uncle Red of Utah.

ChrisC (QuietGeorgey) commanded the German defenders, and held the important Exit off the beach.
The Allies took casualties from mortar fire as they neared the seawall, and met stiff resistance trying to assault and capture a building. Mines also did a lot of damage to the infantry, and a Sherman was lost to an anti tank gun hidden in the hedges.
Valuable ground was gained, but the cost was high.

remembered to save a screen shot to paint this time

TLD Public GC 1 save 7 debrief.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  208.29 KB
 Viewed:  9519 Time(s)

TLD Public GC 1 save 7 debrief.JPG

TLD Public GC 1 save 7.zip
 Description:
Attached is the Allied save 7.

Download
 Filename:  TLD Public GC 1 save 7.zip
 Filesize:  108.55 KB
 Downloaded:  419 Time(s)

RD_DeathDealer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:41 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Nice One-

7A_ Priapus wants to be on the Allied side...

Can you remove him from the Axis and add him to the Allies please-

Thanks

davidssfx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:28 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Welcome to the Allies ... 7A_ Priapus  Smile

Also, Campaign Debrief map (in first post of topic) has been updated.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Jump to: