Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Author
davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:24 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
davidssfx wrote (View Post):

Allies lost the map, and suffered another BG disbanding ... due to the TLD retreat bug.

By default in TLD the BG retreat option is off.

Having said that though, if you taken the time to enable the retreat option before starting the GC you will find there is a bug based on feedback from some mod makers....

Hi Tejszd,
Thanks for taking the time to comment. I wasn't aware of this retreat option, and even now that it's been brought to my attention ... I can't seem to locate where it is enabled/disabled. Any further help would be appreciated.

Thanks

davidssfx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:30 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
Quote:
Allies lost the map, and suffered another BG disbanding ... due to the TLD retreat bug.

As tejszd said ..tLD is working as designed in this respect.... no bug is evident in your campaign.

Hi schrecken,
Thanks for confirming this.
I apologize for inferring this was a bug ... when in fact it was just an option I wasn't aware of.
I will certainly enable it next time, or change it now if possible ... cause I like the idea of retreating to a friendly map (if available) ... instead of disbanding.

Last edited by davidssfx on Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:39 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

It really isn't meant for end users and affects all campaigns/operations started after it is changed so there is no option for it shown on any screen in the game.

It also only affects campaigns/operations started after the change, along with all the other options in the file, \Close Combat The Longest Day\DATA\BASE\campaign.txt.

# BGs retreat on rout (0 = disband on rout, 1 = retreat on rout)

davidssfx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:46 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
It really isn't meant for end users and affects all campaigns/operations started after it is changed so there is no option for it shown on any screen in the game.

It also only affects campaigns/operations started after the change, along with all the other options in the file, \Close Combat The Longest Day\DATA\BASE\campaign.txt.

# BGs retreat on rout (0 = disband on rout, 1 = retreat on rout)

OK ... thanks again Tejszd.
I'll remember this for next time.

davidssfx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:44 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

The Strategic turn was taken, and another great series of battles with mooxe followed ... send re-enforcements Smile
New Allied BG's arrived at the beaches during the morning of the 2nd day, as well as reports of an elite German SS BG.

Carentan Causeway - Both forces deployed on either side of a bridge, by which is the only way to advance. Since neither side was willing to face certain heavy losses in an attempt to cross it ... a truce was called.

St Mere Eglise - The Allied commander decided to swap BG's ... moving 505/82nd back, and bringing 8/4th to the front lines. Simultaneously, a German attack was underway ... thus, a meeting engagement. Deployment zones were diagonal across the length of the map, and Allied units moved to secure a central stronghold ... while several other units scouted/captured VL's. Beyond this, caution was used to bring the Allied armor into play, due to suspicions of hidden ATG's. Several small long distance skirmishes highlighted the battle. Captured ground will be used for further advancement next battle.

Vierville Sur Mer - A second attempt to gain a foothold on this map was carried out ... this time with two tanks. One by one the tanks moved up to positions where only one or two lines of sight could to used by either side ... while infantry units crawled and moved into hedges for cover, and as a base for fire. The opposing hedge had a dominant force of infantry spread across its length. Allied losses were mounting, even though a Sherman was able to reach the same Allied hedge and fire into buildings and hedges. A mortar barrage was laid on the German hedge, which did some damage and cleared some German units. An ATG was spotted further along and was knocked out. The second Sherman followed, but was found in the sights of a Marder that had been hiding behind a north west building. The Sherman went up in flames, but an Air Strike lit up the Marder. The first Sherman and infantry held their small gain of ground, and are better set to continue the advance.

Hermanville - The German 192/21 Panzer moved cautiously out of town center, towards the sea side of map, where the Allied BG was attempting to hold. By far the strongest BG of any so far in the campaign ... Five Panzer IV's and accompanying infantry dominated the battlefield against a couple of Shermans and various infantry/support units. While a single Panzer placed fire from a northern perimeter hedge, the others crashed through the central part of the map.
Eventually, two Panzers flanked the Allies on the southern most road while another drove right down main street. Two Shermans pulled out from behind cover to meet the advance ... one got off several shots at the two southern Panzers, but was knocked out.
Another German total victory, and the disbandment of a good Allied BG resulted.
No Allied BG will be able to hold back 192/21 Panzer (using the campaign points system), and will face total defeat within one or two battles. There's only one way to deal with this superior BG ...  

I didn't get "in game shots" ... so these will have to do

Attached is the Allied save

TLD Public GC 1 save 69 debrief.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  59.8 KB
 Viewed:  11369 Time(s)

TLD Public GC 1 save 69 debrief.JPG

TLD Public GC 1 save 70 debrief.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  105.41 KB
 Viewed:  11369 Time(s)

TLD Public GC 1 save 70 debrief.JPG

TLD Public GC1 save 72.zip
 Description:
Allied save 72

Download
 Filename:  TLD Public GC1 save 72.zip
 Filesize:  147.34 KB
 Downloaded:  344 Time(s)

Last edited by davidssfx on Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:11 am; edited 15 times in total

davidssfx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:16 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

continued from above

TLD Public GC 1 save 71 debrief.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  63.67 KB
 Viewed:  10652 Time(s)

TLD Public GC 1 save 71 debrief.JPG

TLD Public GC 1 save 72 debrief.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  105.16 KB
 Viewed:  10652 Time(s)

TLD Public GC 1 save 72 debrief.JPG

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:46 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Two battles vs Firefrost.

Most uneventful, more or less administrative actions completed.

1st battle I only had two units. I asked Firefront to just come and kill me.

2nd battle was Pegasus with a German inf bg. I jockeyed for pos in the hedges, moderate casualties. The 21Panzers left this area earlier to go elsewhere.

74 Axis Host TLD Public GC.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  74 Axis Host TLD Public GC.gc
 Filesize:  1.78 MB
 Downloaded:  313 Time(s)

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Last edited by mooxe on Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

RD_DeathDealer

Rep: 4.3
votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:24 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Versus FireFrost at Caen

This was a meeting engagement between the 25thSS PzGr (DeathDealer) and the British 9th BDE (Firefrost). The battle commenced with troops from both sides maneuvering for position. Numerous infighting took place in the north and industrial sections of town. Lost a command MkIV to a piat round early. A chess game between a Sherman Crab and one of our MkIVs kept both players well occupied with movement commands throughout the fight. Exhaustion set in after 20 straight minutes of conflict, and the streets became ominously quiet as we tended to our wounded.

Great battle

Link to the Axis save:

Axis save #74

Last edited by RD_DeathDealer on Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:32 am; edited 3 times in total

davidssfx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:54 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

was about to connect with mooxe, but my area had a power outage ... joined back up a few hours later when power was restored, but mooxe was not around.
Ended up having a battle with RD_DD which ending in an Allied morale failure ... ouch. I had spread my units too thin, and two command units were left stranded, and taken out. Also lost the Centaur
Very well played by RD_DD.

I also goofed on the save count again ... so RD_DD's Axis save and my Allied save after the Bayeux battle is 75.

Last edited by davidssfx on Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:45 am; edited 3 times in total

RD_DeathDealer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:43 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Versus Davidssfx at Bayeux

The Schnelle BDE regrouped their forces and counterattacked the British 231st BDE at Bayeux. The engagement featured some MG duels and house-to-house fighting at it's most brutal. Davidssfx's Tommie armor had to keep backing out of the fight due to Shrecks being fired from buildings down the street. In the end, the 231st lost morale and the Schnelle BDE is back in this fight.

Here's the link to the Axis save...Movement is next:

Axis Save #75

davidssfx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:51 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Campaign Blocked

until mooxe and I reconnect to take strategic move turn, and at least the first battle ... since we were connecting to play, but I had a power outage.

mooxe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:32 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

davidssfx wrote (View Post):
was about to connect with mooxe, but my area had a power outage ... joined back up a few hours later when power was restored, but mooxe was not around.
Ended up having a battle with RD_DD which ending in an Allied morale failure ... ouch. I had spread my units too thin, and two command units were left stranded, and taken out. Also lost the Centaur
Very well played by RD_DD.

I also goofed on the save count again ... so RD_DD's Axis save and my Allied save after the Bayeux battle is 75.

I thought you gave up due to frustration! I'v been there before..........

mooxe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:49 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Strategic Moves - Not much strategy to speak of. Running around trying to stop the wildfire.

Azeville - Allied attack. I have a very depleted light infantry BG with meager support weapons up against a superiour armoured BG, on Azeville, all time fav map, my all time fav position to be in. David gets in the Cathedral 4 story section and spots my 75mm howitzer off in the hedges, mortars take it out in seconds with 2 shots maybe, ugh. David smokes the road between cathedral and 2 story to the East, I match his smoke with mortars. When I see his men crossing my 2nd mortar opens up and my mg42 decimates one team. I send smoke mortars to block his tanks LOS on the hedge Im firing from and send my teams packing deeper into the hedges. His tanks and mortars open up on the hedge seconds later. David moves thru the Southern edges slowly and methodically. My mortars get a few kills. Once I spot his sherman its time to leave, a command team and mg42 start North for new ambushes.

All my southern teams re-pos in the left center of map around the roads. Davids sherman takes the bait and mvs up to the hedge to fire at my men. I put a shrek team in there to take it out and by golly they did, without a command team nearby and they were winded. Allied teams attack to take the road exit on the west side, but are ambushed. A heavy firefight now takes place at the crossroads with a Sherman backing them up. Time runs out with the VL staying in German hands.

Carentan Causeway - I can only deploy 12 units. The map is stalemated, david must cross a bridge to advance. He has superior men and equipment. I hold superior position. As the battle starts he rushes 3 infantry teams into the house. Two 81mm mortars open up on them and score right away. My 2 teams and sniper hiding in the back of the house run to the side to take up fire position. That attack quickly diminishes. David manages to capture the bridge VL by sneaking men across, which die soon after. His men in the hedges keep up a torrent of fire on the house. I now notice that I forgot to deploy my only command team, I left him way on the western edge, I start running him forward. David now launches a last ditch all out banzai charge with a stuart leading. The slaughter takes less than a minute and results in an Allied morale loss.

Azeville_MOOXEvsDavid2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  241.08 KB
 Viewed:  10552 Time(s)

Azeville_MOOXEvsDavid2.jpg

CarentanCauseway_MOOXEvsDavid.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  235.11 KB
 Viewed:  10552 Time(s)

CarentanCauseway_MOOXEvsDavid.jpg

77 TLD Public GC (Axis Host).gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  77 TLD Public GC (Axis Host).gc
 Filesize:  1.79 MB
 Downloaded:  303 Time(s)

davidssfx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:24 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Some advancement at Azeville ... and a brave but foolish charge at the causeway
Very exciting battles though ... and well defended by mooxe

TLD Public GC1 save 77.zip
 Description:
Allied save 77

Download
 Filename:  TLD Public GC1 save 77.zip
 Filesize:  150.02 KB
 Downloaded:  311 Time(s)

davidssfx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:39 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Hooked up with mooxe for a couple.

St Mere Eglise - Allied units were ordered to attempt an attack from the south side of the church, but under no circumstances force the issue beyond BG capabilities. Enemy units in this area are to be handled cautiously, due to Allied superior re enforcements and supply. The attack was stopped quickly because of German MG's in church and eastern buildings ... still too many heavy MG's, and possible AT units to risk crossing open areas. A Sherman moved up to support the action, but was knocked out by a schreck team in the church. Another Sherman directed fire at the church. Some very small gains ... but news of an upcoming attack, (further north) that would cut enemy supply to this area, helped calm the troops.

Amfreville - Finally a chance to enter this map from a better deployment zone ... the long way around.
The Allied BG moved confidently into position, due to their previous success at Pont L'abbe. Intelligence reported low enemy morale, but still considerable MG and AT capabilities.
First priority was to establish cover for command units, and against schreck penetration for the lone Stuart. Unfortunately, a 57mm AT was not able to reach its optimal position before the fighting broke out (Allied commander forgot) ... and was knocked out early. Movement was slow and traced by mortar and MG fire, but progress was made, and enemy units could be seen pulling back. Scouting from the south reported the "area clear" ... so a couple of units were sent to help capture VL's ... and then routed to join a simultaneous attack with the other units. The Stuart was held back to guard the Entry VL, while a final assault across the north was launched.  Fire from 3 directions was put on a German unit in a roadway hedge, MG and rifle fire into a northern building, a rush through a hedge and firing across a small field at a 8cm mortar, as well as a combination Mortar, MG, Command units rush into north west corner hedges ... resulted in a total victory, and disbandment of the enemy BG.
The disbandment was a bit of a surprise, but I warned mooxe we were coming ... lol Smile

TLD Public GC 1 save 78 debrief.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  171.63 KB
 Viewed:  10535 Time(s)

TLD Public GC 1 save 78 debrief.JPG

TLD Public GC 1 save 79 debrief.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  185.66 KB
 Viewed:  10535 Time(s)

TLD Public GC 1 save 79 debrief.JPG

TLD Public GC1 save 79.zip
 Description:
Allied save 79

Download
 Filename:  TLD Public GC1 save 79.zip
 Filesize:  149.26 KB
 Downloaded:  310 Time(s)

davidssfx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:27 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Back to Vierville Sur Mer with RD_DD commanding the German side.

Lost it all again on this map ... very well defended.

TLD Public GC1 save 80.zip
 Description:
Allied save 80

Download
 Filename:  TLD Public GC1 save 80.zip
 Filesize:  148.06 KB
 Downloaded:  305 Time(s)

Last edited by davidssfx on Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:17 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

German Commander, there must be a disband of the Allies forces in Bayeux!!!!!!!!! When I wake up in the morning.. err.. at noon... I will load up the forums... and hope to see an AAR with German crosses all over the Bayeux map.

p.s. AT ANY COST!!

RD_DeathDealer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:50 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Versus Davidssfx at Vierville Sur Mer

Wehrmacht troops prepare for a combined armor/infantry assault by setting up defenses in the buildings and having pre-sighted killing zones for the Allied approach.

The Allies began their assault with an awesome display of suppressive firepower directed at the buildings followed by advancing infantry and armor. In the first few minutes, we lost our 75mm infantry gun to deadly mortar fire. Our machine gunners were able to slow the oncoming enemy infantry, but ultimately everything hinged on a lone panzershreck soldier to stop the advancing Shermans...

Private Stolle singlehandedly killed four enemy infantrymen, destroyed two Sherman tanks, and broke the morale of the Allied BG to win the map. This earned him the Iron Cross.

Here's the link to the Axis save:

Axis Save #80

davidssfx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:29 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Hooked up with hOsTyLe at Mosles.
Was a tough battle, and well defended ... ended with Allied BG disbanded and total victory for German side.

These small deployment zones are too crazy ... tanks pinned into small areas that are surrounded by ATG's and schrecks. German BG's are getting stacked with MG's so infantry can't move either.
And my fault for starting the campaign without the retreat option. Oh well, must carry on.

Looks like the Allies are winning on the strat map, but the battle is far from over.

TLD Public GC1 save 81.zip
 Description:
Allied save 81

Download
 Filename:  TLD Public GC1 save 81.zip
 Filesize:  148.31 KB
 Downloaded:  288 Time(s)

mooxe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:49 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

We need some more Allied players.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Jump to: