Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1180
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
salhexe

Rep: 70.1
votes: 6

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:34 pm Post subject: CC5 Tali-Ihantala finland S vetmod 1.0 Reply with quote

Here a very bloody vetmod for to play as finland vs russian ai.
Plugin version
Smile

Close Combat 5 Tali-Ihantala fin S vet1.0.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Close Combat 5 Tali-Ihantala fin S vet1.0.zip
 Filesize:  1.21 MB
 Downloaded:  833 Time(s)

salhexe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:47 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Tali-Ihantala finland S vetmod 1.0 Reply with quote

Upload in download section

CC_CO

Rep: 32.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:54 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Tali-Ihantala finland S vetmod 1.0 Reply with quote

Ok, so I tried out the operation Portinhoikka, a 3 day operation, where its actually the Finns who attack. The Finns has stugs and tanks available, although mostly stugs (Sturmi).

Playing the Finns - in this vetmod - in this operation, is in all fairness, hard.

1. Russian AI has overwhelming units, especially artillery and tanks

2. The map-deployment of the Finnish BGs are not easy, since they are the ones attacking the Ruussians, who counterattack straight from start, trying to annahilate the Finnish BG. Meaning the Russian AI will soon see some of your units in those small areas available from battle-start, calling in artillery on those of your spotted units within the first minute or so.

3. Wasent prepared for the counterattacking, even when its the Finnish who attack.

4. If the Finnish are not able to clear the maps or at least capture a map-connection, two of its three BGs will from turn 2 be out of ammo and supply.

5. Going to try it again now, cause I don't recall i have played such a hard operational-start in CC before.

Question: Did you ever consider to force a 30 minute round timer in this operation, cause I mean, its not really an operation for beginners against the AI?

salhexe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:28 am Post subject: Re: CC5 Tali-Ihantala finland S vetmod 1.0 Reply with quote

Hello
The strategic situation of the Finns in the period was not good and the game reflects the superiority of Russia, is the player to try where possible to resist until the end.

My vetmod try to develop in a more historically realistic as possible and only for the GC, are certainly very difficult to win if not impossible, but it depends on the historical setting of the country (German unwinnable against the Soviets in Berlin, perhaps break-even in Winter war).

I think is not satisfactory in terms of game with the few available tanks and infantry, you can win the campaign against the Russian superpower, you can only try to slow it down with your strategic and tactical skill, as then it's happened in reality.

Smile

CC_CO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:03 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Tali-Ihantala finland S vetmod 1.0 Reply with quote

Ok, I hear you. Yes the situation was pretty bad for the Finnish forces, who none-the-less delivered an epic defense in war history, fighting for their own survival as they did.

I will try to start a GC in your hard vetmod, trying to see how long I can hold off the AI in reaching the center parts of the strategic map, that when lost to the Finnish player (me) will impact my strategic movement options in a negative direction. Thus when loosing (if loosing) the Ventelanselkan-map, I will probably stop the Campaign there.

I will use the house-rules as well, described in the readme file.

Will make an AAR thread with images.

-

Two questions to your readme-file

Use the refill for Ai when available, in his favor (when it needs reinforcement) without peeking his forces.

Q: do you mean the reinforcement-option and if yes, how to use that when playing the Finnish?

For a new CC5 experience change registry HKEY/LOCAL MACHINE/SSI/CLOSE COMBAT 5/  
5.01 DiffLevel value to 03

Q: how do I precisely do this and are there any danger to changing in the registry?

salhexe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:49 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Tali-Ihantala finland S vetmod 1.0 Reply with quote

CC_CO wrote (View Post):

Two questions to your readme-file

Use the refill for Ai when available, in his favor (when it needs reinforcement) without peeking his forces.

Q: do you mean the reinforcement-option and if yes, how to use that when playing the Finnish?

Use the key reinforce, if available, when Ai need for reinforcements, trying to not peek fpool at your opponent to not take advantage.

For a new CC5 experience change registry HKEY/LOCAL MACHINE/SSI/CLOSE COMBAT 5/  
5.01 DiffLevel value to 03

Q: how do I precisely do this and are there any danger to changing in the registry?

I copied the address wrong, I apologize for the error, it is HKEY/LOCAL MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Mattel Interactive/Close Combat/5.01, see here for more details
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6444&highlight=registry+value+difflevel

Appunti02.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  9.65 KB
 Viewed:  48906 Time(s)

Appunti02.jpg

CC_CO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:26 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Tali-Ihantala finland S vetmod 1.0 Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply salhexe.

Reinforce Russian BGs

Ah, ok, so the only thing is to know when to reinforce the enemy BG i guess? Should it be an individual BG decision or a marker of loss, like the Russians has now lost some 150 tanks, so from now on I reinforce all the Russian BGs i have been fighting for some time (the ones not being disbanded)?

Regedit

For some reason I couldent find it with the HKEY/LOCAL MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Mattel Interactive/Close Combat/5.01, so after some try outs the solution proofed to be searching on Mattel Interactive, those two words.

I can see its possible to change a lot here, but ill stick to the value you pointed out. But before changing to the 03 just wanna know if I can reverse it without any dammage done to my system/other CC mods?

salhexe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:27 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 Tali-Ihantala finland S vetmod 1.0 Reply with quote

CC_CO wrote (View Post):
Thanks for your reply salhexe.

Reinforce Russian BGs

Ah, ok, so the only thing is to know when to reinforce the enemy BG i guess? Should it be an individual BG decision or a marker of loss, like the Russians has now lost some 150 tanks, so from now on I reinforce all the Russian BGs i have been fighting for some time (the ones not being disbanded)?

In practice I put myself in the shoes of the opponent and try the best time to get reinforcements

Regedit

For some reason I couldent find it with the HKEY/LOCAL MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Mattel Interactive/Close Combat/5.01, so after some try outs the solution proofed to be searching on Mattel Interactive, those two words.

I can see its possible to change a lot here, but ill stick to the value you pointed out. But before changing to the 03 just wanna know if I can reverse it without any dammage done to my system/other CC mods?

there is no problem to change the value, at least for me

registro cc mio.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  117.72 KB
 Viewed:  48891 Time(s)

registro cc mio.jpg

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Karelia -> Tali-Ihantala Sub Mod

Jump to: