Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
graves101

Rep: 8.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:51 pm Post subject: Seeking opponent for Mega-Grand Campaign Reply with quote

I'm looking for someone who would be interested in a Mega-Grand Campaign for CC5 that would span either Operation Overlord or the Battle of Stalingrad.

I use hamachi, but I also use a router, so playing through it is, unfortunately, not an option. I much prefer Game Ranger, anyways. If you are someone who thinks they can finish a large undertaking such as this over an extended period of time, I'd love to try and set it up.

I live in North America, so arranging time-zones gets tricky the farther you are away, but I'm basically available a good portion of the week. There doesn't need to be a strict schedule, either. There's nothing that I dislike more than having to adhere to an exact schedule with these sorts of things. Whenever both parties are available would be fine, but preferably with consistent progress each week or so.

The mods to be used would be,

For Operation Overlord:
Utah 1.3
Bloody Omaha 1.3
Gold Juno Sword 4.4 (Total Realism Submod 0.98 )
(Maybe include the SAS 3.5b mod? I've never tried it, so I'm not aware if it's even a part of Overlord)

Battle of Stalingrad:
Stalingrad 1.2
Stalingrad Der Kessel 1.2
Stalingrad Der Kessel Die Kampfgruppen 1.0
Stalingrad Operation Circle 1.2

If it ends up that Stalingrad is the one to play, I would figure it would be 1v1, with each party playing one side throughout the duration.

But, considering that Overlord has three campaigns playing out at the same time, it might also be possible to assemble a team of 6 to spread through the 3 gc's, three German, three Allied, etc. and co-ordinate the campaigns progresses. The only thing is, the fact that none of the gcs are interactive with each other means they really are separate affairs.

So, I'm leaning towards a single opponent who has the stamina to finish more than one gc.

The settings would be standard, of course. Elite settings (shorten each gc as much as possible, obviously), no initiative, no battlegroup moral, 15 min time limit, capture all objs, 2 min warning, and there you have it.

I have a strong preference for playing German (big surprise there...), but I am more than happy to let the other person choose the side they want to use.

Dundradal

Rep: 27.9
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:49 pm Post subject: Re: Seeking opponent for Mega-Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Once I get myself completely established and caught up in my new apartment I'd be willing to update my CC5 with those mods and try a GC.

I know we've played CC3 before (and both are in North America) so the timezone thing shouldn't be an issue.

I work 3 jobs though which makes my schedule...well...all over. But I always do have a few nights a week I could devote to play.

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message, Marathon Infinity

Priapus

Rep: 18.6

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:57 pm Post subject: Re: Seeking opponent for Mega-Grand Campaign Reply with quote

I'm game, especially if you you can managed to recruit enough people for a 2vs2 or 3vs3 metacampaign. How would you coordinate the separate GC's? I'd quite like to give an multi-multiplayer stalingrad game a shot, perhaps with someone defending/assaulting the north and the other 2 the south. However, I'm london time so there might be some difficulty in playing regularly. Although I'm an MSc student with far too much time on his hands, so perhaps it won't be a problem.

graves101

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:27 am Post subject: Re: Seeking opponent for Mega-Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Well, if it's the Stalingrad series to be used, and 4-6 people involved, the only way it would potentially work is if each of the players controlled of a portion of the Strat map's BGs.

Doing a check over the Stalingrad Sept-Oct mod, the battlefield looks like this.

NORTH
GERMAN/RUSSIAN
516th Regiment, 295th Infantry Division/282nd Regiment, 10th NKVD
178th Regiment, 76th Infantry Division/112nd Rifle Division
230th Regiment, 76th Infantry Division/124th Rifle Brigade
194th Regiment, 71st Infantry Division/38th Motorized Brigade
191st Regiment, 71st Infantry Division/42nd Rifle Brigade
26th Regiment, 24th Panzer Division/244th Rifle Division
24th Regiment, 24th Panzer Division/10th Rifle Brigade
274th Regiment, 94th Infantry Division/131st Rifle Division
39th Regiment, 29th Mechanized Division/35th Guards Rifle Division
SOUTH

Then the Russian units behind the front lines.

NORTH

149th Rifle Brigade
6th Guards Tank Brigade
189th Tank Brigade
6th Tank Brigade/27th Tank Brigade
133rd Tank Brigade
SOUTH

And the Russian reinforcements that arrive in and around the central docks from the Volga.

NORTH

September 15th - 42nd Regiment, 13th Guards Rifle Division/39th Regiment, 13th Guards Rifle Division
September 17th - 883rd Regiment, 193rd Rifle Division/137th Tank Brigade/685th Regiment, 193rd Rifle Division/92nd Rifle Brigade
September 18th - 161st Regiment, 95th Rifle Division/90th Regiment, 95 Rifle Division
September 22nd - 1043 Regiment, 284th Rifle Division/1045th Regiment, 284th Rifle Division
September 29th - 39th Guards Rifle Division
September 30th - 308th Rifle Division
SOUTH

If there's 2 German players, they would would split the force with one controlling 5 BGs, the other controlling 4. If 3 players, then each would get 3 BGs. The russians would do the same, and split up the rear forces and reinforcements, accordingly. The only thing to consider is, who would decide where to place support strikes? Maybe elect one team commander who assigns them.

SM (strat map) turns are separated into movement and combat phases. Each person would move their units and proceed to fight the appropriate battles. The only problem with this system is we would need everyone present to move their units before any fighting can occur. If someone is AWOL for a while, the whole thing is put on hold, waiting for someone to just move a unit. This can be frustrating; as two people could be available to play, but are restricted from doing so because the movement phase isn't finished.

Also, is it possible to alter the game so the players can decide which battles they want to fight, in any order, during the combat phase instead of the game randomly choosing the order? This could cause problems because, again, if we have to wait on someone to fight a battle before another one can start. To be able to choose the sequence would let the teams fight at their discretion.

And we would need to use the system of saving the GCs progress and placing it on the forums for the others to update.

I don't know, it seems like there are a lot of things going against multiple players on a single GC. And who knows if enough people are interested in starting one.

Priapus

Rep: 18.6

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:58 pm Post subject: Re: Seeking opponent for Mega-Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Well, you can sign me up. I think limiting the number of players to 4 might be more realistic, otherwise, as you've listed above, lots of problems could arise. I don't think it's possible to edit the battle turns, however they're played on a north to south basis, so if the north was played by 2 players and the south by the other 2 players then at the very least each duo would be able to play 2-3 battles each turn before handing over the save to the next 2. It would be interesting to see how coordination between players would work out, especially if one is elected to control art/air.

Wastemoreland

Rep: 13.7

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:45 am Post subject: Re: Seeking opponent for Mega-Grand Campaign Reply with quote

I´d be happy to play one.

I got Stalingrad, GJS, and Meuse.

Dundradal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:32 am Post subject: Re: Seeking opponent for Mega-Grand Campaign Reply with quote

I'm willing to join in as well.

Just tell me what to download.

I live in Boston, MA (so Eastern Stand Timezone in US).

Although after May I'll have a lot of US daytime hours open but not much night time.

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."

graves101

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:38 pm Post subject: Re: Seeking opponent for Mega-Grand Campaign Reply with quote

It seems we have 3 people interested so far. Priapus, Dundradas, and myself. Waste wanted to do a one-on-one with me, so he won't be joining this. There were a few others that I can think of who might want to be included, I'll talk to them and see if they would like to join in.

Dundradal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:03 am Post subject: Re: Seeking opponent for Mega-Grand Campaign Reply with quote

Sounds good. I'm currently playing a GC with lorman in WAR. It's pretty fun so far.

Go."

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer

Jump to: