Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Author
Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:32 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

In CC5 when the weather was heavily clouded or rainy, some elements changed, like dirt turned into mud. I have not seen this happening on tLD. I think it was Atilla the GJS co-creator that discovered this or at least the first one I saw mentioning it. It doesn't do much but it was nice. Would be a factor on a mod where the use of roads is encouraged like CC4's VetBoB where you could hardly move outside of roads, though most of them where carpeted so they wouldn't turn into mud but off-road would be even more difficult I think.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:16 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Should happen in TLD too.

It must be Storm and the dirt elements will change to mud. Based on the time frame of the game I do not believe historically the weather changed to storm so you will need to create some single battles with random weather...

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:26 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

This is starting to annoy me.

drunk_infantry.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  34.86 KB
 Viewed:  19046 Time(s)

drunk_infantry.JPG

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:08 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

ah... you like the ghost through building mods?

After all it was a special WWII secret weapon used by both sides where everything from light timber walls to huge blocks of stone could be passed throgh by fully equipped infantry teams running at a full sprint.

i believe that the same changes are being made to vehicles so buildings will become superfluous.

Another suggestion is to remove hills, trees and watercourses from maps as once teams meet them they don't go where the great god with the mouse instructs them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:16 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

And back on track

You have not issued the purple line order.

You have issued the purple DOT order.

The team will calculate the fastest way to get to that point.... this obviously is not by running through walls which inhibit speed... try it at home.

If you want to run through the houses use way points.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:03 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

I want to read your witty commentary on why is the same thing happening with the sneak order on flat terrain.

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:57 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Ok, stay tuned.

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:32 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

May I suggest using the WaR weapon images? they look so much better than the current ones.

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:27 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Neil Nello did the WaR weapons... Don't know where the tLD images came from.

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:47 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

They look like original CC5 to me. Anyways, is he not part of tLD team? does it costs royalties or what?

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:21 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Another suggestion I have is, if you're not locking the BG's at least lock them when a BG is out of supply, the reason is because when you suffer casualties in an out of supply BG (which means they are surrounded) dead men don't get replaced next turn, but currently you can send one depleted team to the Force pool and select another full one, surrounded BGs should be penalized by having to battle with whatever they have left from previous battle. If doing this is too difficult I think making all teams disorganized when their BG is surrounded is going to have the same effect as disorganized teams cannot be unselected.

Also mountable vehicles like CCM and CCMT.

pagskier

Rep: 25

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

golani_2 wrote (View Post):
How come there is no retret option for losing battlegroups like there is in WaR?

I think it was exallent, gets you to use up most of the maps and battels and is more realistic.

I jumped from CC2 to TLD and I miss that
you can't retreat!
when you play 30 min with no morale it's uite harsh

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:34 am Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
Another suggestion I have is, if you're not locking the BG's at least lock them when a BG is out of supply, the reason is because when you suffer casualties in an out of supply BG (which means they are surrounded) dead men don't get replaced next turn, but currently you can send one depleted team to the Force pool and select another full one, surrounded BGs should be penalized by having to battle with whatever they have left from previous battle. If doing this is too difficult I think making all teams disorganized when their BG is surrounded is going to have the same effect as disorganized teams cannot be unselected.

Also mountable vehicles like CCM and CCMT.

In the manual it says something like "...your battle group is the Battalion-sized lead unit of a Regimental-sized combat unit..." (or something like that) and then your BG is just two weakened Platoons with supporting units from one of the Companies of that Battalion. So in the scale of the game, even if your entire Regiment is cut of and isolated, you still have access to units from units higher up in the hierarchy.

As long as CC use the unit-scale is as it is now, the only penalties for being isolated should be logistical (as they already are) and maybe some influence on the units moral?  Rolling Eyes

Mountable vehicles? Hmm...
As far as I know, only the Russians rode their tanks and (the few) Leaned-and-Lease HT's into battle. Germans and the western Allies were a bit more cautious, dismounting before they went into combat. And mountable vehicles may lead to a game-play problem as well, in Warhammer 40.000 we called it "the Rhino-rush" (a 'Rhino' is an AFV); -Players loads up their transport vehicle, rush them to objectives (VL's in CC) or into assault-range and dismounts. In CC we would at least have the chance to fire at them, but can anyone see a squad of GI's cramping down in their HT, driving like hell to capture an intersection or jump out a few meters from the Gerry-mg, tossing grenades and charging the survivors?  Wink

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:58 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

7A_Woulf wrote (View Post):

In the manual it says something like "...your battle group is the Battalion-sized lead unit of a Regimental-sized combat unit..." (or something like that) and then your BG is just two weakened Platoons with supporting units from one of the Companies of that Battalion. So in the scale of the game, even if your entire Regiment is cut of and isolated, you still have access to units from units higher up in the hierarchy.

As long as CC use the unit-scale is as it is now, the only penalties for being isolated should be logistical (as they already are) and maybe some influence on the units moral?  Rolling Eyes

Yeah but surrounding and systematically reduce your opponent by means of attrition would also be representing the surrounding of the whole parent unit. It happens in CC4 and is very satisfying doing it and frustrating when it happens to you. It also happens in CC5 but as I said, you can select and un-select units which beats the whole purpose.

7A_Woulf wrote (View Post):

Mountable vehicles? Hmm...
As far as I know, only the Russians rode their tanks and (the few) Leaned-and-Lease HT's into battle. Germans and the western Allies were a bit more cautious, dismounting before they went into combat. And mountable vehicles may lead to a game-play problem as well, in Warhammer 40.000 we called it "the Rhino-rush" (a 'Rhino' is an AFV); -Players loads up their transport vehicle, rush them to objectives (VL's in CC) or into assault-range and dismounts. In CC we would at least have the chance to fire at them, but can anyone see a squad of GI's cramping down in their HT, driving like hell to capture an intersection or jump out a few meters from the Gerry-mg, tossing grenades and charging the survivors?  Wink

I was thinking more of having that option AND big maps, CCMT, CCM big, good thing that big maps are portable to TLD or so I've read somewhere. Also half-tracks are very vulnerable, so rushing to the front with them might be very risky but at the same time they could be a surprising asset. I still think it should be available as an option for modders at least. Infantry on tanks, I don't think that is possible, I mean infantry sitting on top of them.

I don't know why they implement some things in some re-releases and then they are not available in others, instead of keep adding to the existing options.

I would also like to thank the developers for fixing the winter weather for maps(broken in cc5), now you can have winter mods with actual winter effects like vehicles not moving if they are not winter equipped and winter uniforms for winter equipped teams. Also new ambient sounds should be available when in winter, though I have not tested this.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:29 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

"I would also like to thank the developers for fixing the winter weather for maps(broken in cc5), now you can have winter mods with actual winter effects like vehicles not moving if they are not winter equipped and winter uniforms for winter equipped teams. Also new ambient sounds should be available when in winter, though I have not tested this. "

Have you played CC3 / Cross of Iron?  Wink

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:48 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Sapa wrote (View Post):

Have you played CC3 / Cross of Iron?  Wink

Only CC3, I have the original trilogy. That is why I was thanking them, because in cc3 and cc4 you have winter working perfectly, but then in CC5 it is broken.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:26 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

Then im looking forward to all the wintermods for TlD...

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:54 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

You can Play CC4Classic in tLD now...

see it here
http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/LongestDay/tLDmods.html

Direct DL
http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/LongestDay/mods/CCTLDModCC4Classicv1.00.exe

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:30 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

I think randomly and temporarily reducing the force pool of surrounded BGs would be good. Mobile reserve of any BG is likely to be limited and the greater chance that units that you might need are otherwise committed.

CSO_Linebacker

Rep: 5.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:21 pm Post subject: Re: The Longest Day - Bugs, Mistakes & Suggestions Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
Neil Nello did the WaR weapons... Don't know where the tLD images came from.

Yeah, not exactly sure who took over the graphics duties for TLD when my computer became 'incapacitate' after WaR.  I think alot of the weapons icons were just carryovers from CC5.

'If it does not have a gun, it cannot be fun'

Post new topicThis topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Jump to: