Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1180
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Author
davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:19 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Axis commanders ... I suggest you click through the days while in the strategic map to see when and where new BG's become available.
I did this to try and figure out some things related to this cohesion error.
You will notice there is not any new BG's arriving at Pont L'Abbe or Amfreville major depots. My guess is ... this probably reflects the historical conditions of lack of new units arriving to support this area.
Therefore disbanded northern (non beach defending) BG's will return there is whatever state the game determines.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:09 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

If those depots have units on them currently, they should not show reinforcements coming at a later date. As far as I know, only empty depots will reveal reinforcement schedual.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

davidssfx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:31 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):
If those depots have units on them currently, they should not show reinforcements coming at a later date. As far as I know, only empty depots will reveal reinforcement schedual.

For Example:
grab the Axis save 5 in the forum ... Look at the Bayeux map. Day 6 it shows it being currently occupied by 915/352 ... Then click day 7, you will see a new BG Schnelle 50.
This new BG probably won't arrive here until the previous BG has been disbanded or moved, but is set to arrive on day 7.

davidssfx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:02 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Upon further testing with Allied save 68 ... I have again encountered 729/709 being disbanded with total defeat when the battle results suggested they should have held.

I tried it earlier about six times and it worked as it should, but now with further tests ... I'm back to getting that problem again.
save 68 is right on a strategic turn ... so maybe that is the problem. For testing ... I've removed all but the save file I'm using. Having other saves at various stages seems to all blend together with the latest played result, which adds further confusion.
Sometimes the no cohesion BG's have appropriate battle results, and other times with the exact save downloaded again and put in the save folder by itself ... ends up with this same no cohesion BG failing to hold a map under any battle result.
you can try this from RD_DD's save 68 at the bottom of this page ... linked below.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7960&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=105

davidssfx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:32 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Tried it again starting with save 67, which is at  Bayeux, one battle before the strategic turn.
Fought at Bayeux (against AI) and won as Allied commander. Then did the  strategic turn ... and moved 506/101 from Pont L'Abbed to Amfreville.  First battle after that is at Amfreville against 729/709. Battled hard,  and pushed the Allies to a morale break, but the battle still ended with  a total Allied victory, even though the battle results showed the Axis  side with higher morale. Axis side also had all but three VL's.
There definitely is some varying results which don't seem right.

sorry for the back and forth comments, but it seemed things had gotten  straightened out there for a while. Very strange testing session.

I think programmers built in another layer of AI that detects when someone is troubleshooting the game. This activates a program that produces varying results ... so no one will ever be able to figure this out.  lol [Smile]

any further reference to this problem will be in the TLD bug forum

davidssfx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:01 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Since there is sometimes an error with no cohesion BG's ... I would like to suggest a work around, until a fix is found.

As mooxe mentioned, there is definitely a bug ... thanks again for noticing (and testing) this error.
And the obvious way to tell when it occurs is when the battle results, listed at the end of a battle, don't match the result the game produces.
For example: Axis BG had higher morale than Allied BG and had three or more VL's ... but was still disbanded with total map loss.

I still want to continue this campaign from the last save 87, (not save 68 ), but suggest when this error happens ... the opposing BG also gets disbanded manually at the next strategic turn, in order to compensate for this error. This error has already happened two times.

Therefore, during the next Strategic turn ... I  will disband 69/50 at Bretteville and 506/101 now at La Fiere, but was at Amfreville when this error occurred.

Also, I just did some more testing, and again found both results happening ... a no cohesion BG with correct results, and the error too.
I also tested an Allied BG,  231/50 that ended up with no cohesion after returning from disbandment. It fought again at Bayeux after moving off the beach ... and won the battle.

tacoman5000

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:33 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

I am very interested in this idea. I would love to play.

namztukxam

Rep: 3.3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:07 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

Hey everybody....  whatever happened with this public GC?  I haven't played online in a while and thought it would be fun to rejoin the GC.  oh well.

Priapus

Rep: 18.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:27 am Post subject: Re: TLD Multiplayer Grand Campaign proposal Reply with quote

There's a new one. Both me and deathdealer appear to be the only vaguely active players so come get involved.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Jump to: