Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:33 am Post subject: TLD Ground Tactics Public GC Reply with quote

Please try and play only one side … but you can switch if need be.
Anyone can take strategic turns. Try and avoid taking strategic turns when switching sides, but there is no rule to stop you … just play consistently for either side.
Roster
Allies:
davidssfx
Axis:
Pzt_Kanov
RD_DeathDealer

TLD Ground Tactics Public Grand Campaign

1) Human opponents only ... No AI
2) Requires TLD version 5.50.07 (latest Matrix patch Released: 4 NOV 2009)
3) Requires TLD Ground Tactics Mod Version 1.3 ... available to download here:
version 1.3
http://uploading.com/files/6fb84881/CCTLDModGroundTacticsv1.3.zip/

4) Download last saved game file from this forum ... and put it in your "GroundTactics\Games\Save" folder:
C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat The Longest Day\ GroundTactics \Games\Save
note: extract the file first ... if it is zipped
5) If you know you're going to play for sure ... then post a "Campaign Blocked" message in the forum. This will prevent other players from playing the same battle out of turn.
6) Connect with your opponent (via the "Ground Tactics 1.2" launch/start icon) ... and select the saved game you put in your "GroundTactics\Games\Save" folder.
7) Select any units you want for your Active Roster from the available Force Pool ... but the BG's point total must not exceed original amount.
8 ) when your battle is finished ... please save your battle in this naming format:
GT A3 or GT G3:
GT = Ground Tactics, A = Allies or G = Germans, 3 = save number
If you have two or more battles in a row ... remember to count them in the save number, so the battle and save count stay aligned  
9) Post your saved game file as an attachment, with any notes you want to add (zip the file before attaching).
10) Optional … post the outcome of the battle as described in the "Battle Debrief" screen.
Example: Decisive German Victory … or post a screen shot of it.
11) VL Rule: A player may only deploy forces in setup areas that are solidly (or 'block') connected to a VL under friendly control. Areas touching by corner only are not considered to be connected.
12) 75m Rule: When a player has only one small deployment zone … the opposing player must deploy no closer than 75 meters away from the edge of the deployment zone boundaries.
13)If a BG has a Recon Team in its Active Roster ... then it must stay there

Important notes:
a)Battle Groups (BG’s) will not recycle or retreat. If a BG is disbanded it will not return
b)Force Morale is unchecked
c)Never act on own initiative is checked
d)15 minute battles

Last edited by davidssfx on Mon May 03, 2010 12:24 am; edited 8 times in total

davidssfx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:39 am Post subject: Re: TLD Ground Tactics Public GC Reply with quote

Strategic map connections reference

TLD GT Strat Map connections reference ver3.25.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.46 MB
 Viewed:  10201 Time(s)

TLD GT Strat Map connections reference ver3.25.jpg

davidssfx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:41 am Post subject: Re: TLD Ground Tactics Public GC Reply with quote

Campaign is under way ... first battle with Pzt_Kanov

Last edited by davidssfx on Sun May 02, 2010 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:14 am Post subject: Re: TLD Ground Tactics Public GC Reply with quote

Pretty excited for this campaign as I haven't played multiplayer in a long time. I will be taking the germans and try to contain the allies and counterattack when I can. Forgot to take in-game screens though Sad.

Any ways, first battle was at St. Germain-De-Varreville, AB troops take on a demoralized German BG at night. Knowing the AB troops are pretty tough I decided to hold any offensive action and instead try to hold as much as I can. They started scattered with one small deployment zone at the north and another bigger zone at the north-east. The Battle started pretty uneventful as the night covered the AB tropps' movements, it wasn't until like minute 4 that the enemy showed itself though their intentions weren't clear yet, the german 5cm mortar was ordered to fire at suspected enemy locations, scoring like 5 hits in the northern part. Later a recon team was seen scouting for an approach to the tare green beach that was guarded by a lone Spähtrupp, a light skirmish ensued but as AB reinforcement were seen approaching the german scout unit was ordered to retreat, the VL was taken by the invaders.

Later a major enemy assault on the north-eastern part of the central village was attempted but they suffered many casualties, result was uncertain as time ran out before any conclusive outcome was achieved.

I think I did pretty good, with only 2 casualties, but lost the beach exit which could provide the AB of potential crucial supplies.

GT0003.jpg
 Description:
First medal of the campaign, part of the defenders of the village.
 Filesize:  132.35 KB
 Viewed:  10182 Time(s)

GT0003.jpg

GT0001.jpg
 Description:
Overall result
 Filesize:  132.91 KB
 Viewed:  10184 Time(s)

GT0001.jpg

gt g1.zip
 Description:
German Savegame

Download
 Filename:  gt g1.zip
 Filesize:  76.24 KB
 Downloaded:  331 Time(s)

RD_DeathDealer

Rep: 4.3
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:31 am Post subject: Re: TLD Ground Tactics Public GC Reply with quote

Add me to the Axis team  Twisted Evil

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 2:57 am Post subject: Re: TLD Ground Tactics Public GC Reply with quote

CAMPAIGN BLOCKED

davidssfx

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:22 am Post subject: Re: TLD Ground Tactics Public GC Reply with quote

Had a couple more exciting battles with Pzt_Kanov

Last edited by davidssfx on Sun May 02, 2010 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:43 am Post subject: Re: TLD Ground Tactics Public GC Reply with quote

Action continues at the Contentin peninsula. 2 battles played this time.

St. Marie Du Mont

Ost company vs AB troopers.

Things looked grim since the beginning because I could only choose 12 units and the map was pretty big. Action started right away as the AB deploy zone was practically in the middle, I decided to left the church as I didn't see it that important right now, nevermind lacking the resources to hold it, and concentrated on forming a eastern perimeter instead, main objective was to hold at least one exit VL to allow a potential retreat being that BG's are set to not return after being disbanded in this campaign, saving them is pretty important.

After AB troops took the church, they continued their path through the southern portion of the map, overwhelming my defenses, slipping behind my lines and taking all but one road VL.

They attempted to scout the western area but where stopped on their tracks.

GT0009.jpg
 Description:
Results
 Filesize:  208.2 KB
 Viewed:  10123 Time(s)

GT0009.jpg

GT0007.jpg
 Description:
Ostruppen defending their position, note the burning flames beside them caused by molotovs.
 Filesize:  361.86 KB
 Viewed:  10124 Time(s)

GT0007.jpg

GT0004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  223.52 KB
 Viewed:  10123 Time(s)

GT0004.jpg

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:07 am Post subject: Re: TLD Ground Tactics Public GC Reply with quote

2nd Battle

La Fiere Causeway

German Light BG vs AB troops

OK so I finally got some Heavy firepower to try and drive the invaders of these lands. AB troops commence with two Deploy areas one major at the buildings and another small one on the exit to the left. Main objective was to reduce the small area and continue push forward hopefully disbanding them in the process. Battle started well, it seemed that there were no troops on the wet so all the forces prepared for a drive to the east, I move the R-35 light tank to the main road and a WOOSH sound is heard, I rapidly deduce that the only place that the sound could have come is a small hedgerow on the limit of the allied deploy zone, supressive fire is called upon that area and one dead soldier is confirmed, machine gun fire continues but the brave AB soldier manage to fire another extra shot, destroying the tank and severely crippling the german advance, after that the soldier is promptly reduced and the area secured.

Light skirmishes in the center, an American scout unit is destroyed up north and later in the battle a major force comprised of an HQ a rifle team and a MG team manage to secure the northern VL, destroying an sMG42 and a command team. A german spähtrupp makes a dash at the last seconds to try and grab the center VL, they lost one member but couldn't finish their objective by a couple meters.

German Tank Destroyed

Results

gt g3.zip
 Description:
German Save

Download
 Filename:  gt g3.zip
 Filesize:  77.13 KB
 Downloaded:  384 Time(s)

davidssfx

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 1:09 am Post subject: Re: TLD Ground Tactics Public GC Reply with quote

Pzt_Kanov spotted an error I made in the Stratmap text file ... corrected now.

New version is 1.3

http://uploading.com/files/6fb84881/CCTLDModGroundTacticsv1.3.zip/

Unfortunately we have to restart the campaign.

So ... hooked up with RD_DD and replayed the first battle.

It didn't go so well for the Allies ... since I tried powering through a hedge of German defenses that was covered from buildings further back. Ended up expanding the main deployment zone slightly, but abandoned a small one at the other side.
Well defended by RD

GT A1.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  GT A1.zip
 Filesize:  76.95 KB
 Downloaded:  334 Time(s)

RD_DeathDealer

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 1:57 am Post subject: Re: TLD Ground Tactics Public GC Reply with quote

919/709 INF versus 502/101 AB (davidssfx) at St. Germain-De-Varreville

The invasion begins! American paras drop out of the darkness and attack through the fields south of town after feinting with smoke to the west. We responded with machine gunners in the hedgerows and interlocking fields of fire for the Americans to pass through...

We were able to secure the road to the west, but the Americans managed to expand their landing zone enough to support their next attack.

GT_G1.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  GT_G1.gc
 Filesize:  1.64 MB
 Downloaded:  338 Time(s)

Dundradal

Rep: 27.9
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 4:06 am Post subject: Re: TLD Ground Tactics Public GC Reply with quote

First time doing public GC...

davidssfx vs myself

save game below

GT G2.zip
 Description:
gt g2 save game

Download
 Filename:  GT G2.zip
 Filesize:  86.1 KB
 Downloaded:  319 Time(s)

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message, Marathon Infinity

davidssfx

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 4:08 am Post subject: Re: TLD Ground Tactics Public GC Reply with quote

Hooked up with Dundradal for the 2nd battle
Had a small single deployment zone ... so was given the 75m rule.
Well defended and interesting battle

GT save 2.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  199.3 KB
 Viewed:  10055 Time(s)

GT save 2.JPG

GT A2.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  GT A2.zip
 Filesize:  76.7 KB
 Downloaded:  308 Time(s)

davidssfx

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:12 am Post subject: Re: TLD Ground Tactics Public GC Reply with quote

Tough battle with RD_DD

GT A3.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  GT A3.zip
 Filesize:  77.36 KB
 Downloaded:  289 Time(s)

RD_DeathDealer

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:58 am Post subject: Re: TLD Ground Tactics Public GC Reply with quote

1057/91 INF versus 508/82 AB (davidssfx) at La Fiere Causeway

American paras dropped out of the darkness into the area near the bridge and easternmost buildings at La Fiere. Clever para assaults eliminated our forces on the east side of the causeway- including one of our light tanks. The grand finale was a small arms clash between paras and truppen at the bridge..

The 1057th failed to hold the bridge.

GT_G3.gc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  GT_G3.gc
 Filesize:  1.64 MB
 Downloaded:  258 Time(s)

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:33 am Post subject: Re: TLD Ground Tactics Public GC Reply with quote

CAMPAIGN BLOCKED!

///////////
Couldn't connect, no battles fought. Save file is the one in the previous page.

Last edited by Pzt_Kanov on Tue May 11, 2010 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Priapus

Rep: 18.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 6:32 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Ground Tactics Public GC Reply with quote

hey, this looks cool. I'm particularly fond of rule 11 there. I haven't played in a while, but I'm willing to play either team. Where are you guys meeting to play? Hamachi?

RD_DeathDealer

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:32 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Ground Tactics Public GC Reply with quote

Priapus-

What's up buddy?

We meet on Hamachi CCS...

Pzt_Kanov, can you post the last battle results and save file?

Priapus

Rep: 18.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:45 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Ground Tactics Public GC Reply with quote

Hey death, things are good cheers. I guess you guys play CST? I'll be around today on hamachi and gameranger if anyone is available.

Pzt_Kanov

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:48 pm Post subject: Re: TLD Ground Tactics Public GC Reply with quote

SORRY! I forgot to mention that David and I couldn't connect the other day, so no battles fought. The file is the same still.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> H2H Multiplayer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: