Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Privateryan1

Rep: 58.1
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:20 pm Post subject: Ryan struggling with x-tank Reply with quote

Hi men ,

Im struggling with x-tank trying to add my own vehicles to basic cc5 . is there any other prog in the downloads which can do this easier . Add vehicles to cc5 .

As a footnote is 16 bit uncompressed the correct format and do i need to flip the image ?

Tell her when you found me I was with the only brothers I have left.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:29 pm Post subject: Re: Ryan struggling with x-tank Reply with quote

16 bit is correct.
You do not have to flip the image vertically like GadgetMunger but when I used it I made sure everything was pointing in the same direction as how the tool extracted the images.(South)

What problems are you having?(you were kinds vague in your post)

I found my biggest problem was spelling,
The name in the text file has to match the name of the .TGA in order for it to recompile the images.
Do you have the missing image.TGA and not the text for it?

And im not 100% on this one but don't leave any blank rows at the end of your text file.

If it gives you an error during the recompiling into the .azp.it's most likely a spelling error or a Hotpoint error.
look at the text from an extracted CCV Tanks.azp and you'll see how the Hotpoint has to be entered twice then followed by      ,1

Privateryan1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:10 pm Post subject: Re: Ryan struggling with x-tank Reply with quote

Thanks for that , il have another look . The sad thing is that  i was able to do this years agio when i made my mod and put over twenty new vehicles into it and now of course , not making your own help file is a bad idea. back to the drawing board . I will upload my Tanks.txt file and you might have a look at it for me and see can you spot what im doing wrong , if you can .

CSO_Linebacker

Rep: 5.9

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:12 pm Post subject: Re: Ryan struggling with x-tank Reply with quote

Forget x-tank...while still a useable tool, x-tank was replaced by Mafi's RTBTool in my modding toolbox many years ago.  RTBTool is a great tool with options not available with x-tank, and is very easy to use

'If it does not have a gun, it cannot be fun'

Privateryan1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:14 am Post subject: Re: Ryan struggling with x-tank Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply , I had a look at it and to me its quite confusing for example if i want to make a new tank graphic for cc3 , which file do i change , nnt , nzh , ect . i am not quite sure which one to edit or change !!

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:59 am Post subject: Re: Ryan struggling with x-tank Reply with quote

Sorry I can't answer your above question as I don't mess with CCIII.
But something else I thought about was make sure your Tanks/Turrets names are NOT more than 14 characters long.
14 is the MAX!
At least it is for WAR so I'm assuming it's the same for CCV

CSO_Linebacker

Rep: 5.9

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:29 pm Post subject: Re: Ryan struggling with x-tank Reply with quote

Privateryan1 wrote (View Post):
Thanks for the reply , I had a look at it and to me its quite confusing for example if i want to make a new tank graphic for cc3 , which file do i change , nnt , nzh , ect . i am not quite sure which one to edit or change !!

For a new tank or vehicle in CCIII or CoI, you need 4 images:

1. nnh - normal sized hull
2. nnt - normal size turret
3. znh - hull when tactical map is zoomed
4. znt - turret when tactical is zoomed

Konrad made a tool called 'NNTPack' this will get the images out of those files and can be used to rebuild them after making new images

'If it does not have a gun, it cannot be fun'

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop

Jump to: