Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Author
Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 12:31 pm Post subject: 2nd Battle of Kharkov Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Drizzt (I'm Italian so sorry for my english) and I want give you some information about my Mod: 2nd Battle of Kharkov.
Some things good in the Mod:
- IA is very aggressive so you enjoy also as a defender
- Battlegroups well balanced
- many new units
- some new sounds
Some things not perfect in the mod:
- the 44 maps are cc3 custom maps recoded with new btd files of course, also I have renamed them (stupid error that I understand too late) but don't worry the maps I have choosed have sense in relation of Ukraine spring style of Mod
- Battles 50% of times crash (as in some others mods)
- Russians Commanders names are wrongs: I regret for this but I really can't found them.

(as some others modders I suppose) I have use some tga and sounds files from others mods: particularly the music.sfx come from CC3 Kharkov mod and I don't want change it because is perfect for my mod and I really love it!
About maps I really like 30 of these, the others 14 I hope in future to change them (some only to expand, some to change totally).
The Mod is in testing phase so I think to finish it about 10 days - two weeks. I will upload a mappack and a zip with games files but I hope that someone of this site will create a plug-in because I don't know how to make it. In conclusion I know that my Mod will not be perfect as stalingrad or Der Kessel seems to be but this is my first work (I make it on my own) and I really love it! In future I'm sure to improve it. Drizzt

eLbE

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait for your mod mate! Smile The screens in Combat Camera look interesting. Keep up the good work!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to it, Drizzt, keep up the good work!

Drizzt

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys, thanks for your comments, I want to say you all that tensting is 90% complete, stalingrad mod will be released 1st June so I think to upload my mod 15th-20th June because I have used in my mod stalingrad tanks&vehicles (they are wonderfull!) and I want you see them first in stalingrad mod. About testing in first phase I have found some wrecks error that cause crash and other little problems as for example weapons without ammunitions and I correct all. So I can say that battles crash 50% 60% as in some others mods, and about operations and campaigns they crash very few times only in some maps and you can continue in the same map, with same battlegroups with same units in battlegroups without problems. I have also make an interface better than firt version I have 90% finished it. Regards Drizzt

RedScorpion

Rep: 11.7

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Drizzt wrote:
Hi Guys, thanks for your comments, I want to say you all that tensting is 90% complete, stalingrad mod will be released 1st June so I think to upload my mod 15th-20th June because I have used in my mod stalingrad tanks&vehicles (they are wonderfull!) and I want you see them first in stalingrad mod. About testing in first phase I have found some wrecks error that cause crash and other little problems as for example weapons without ammunitions and I correct all. So I can say that battles crash 50% 60% as in some others mods, and about operations and campaigns they crash very few times only in some maps and you can continue in the same map, with same battlegroups with same units in battlegroups without problems. I have also make an interface better than firt version I have 90% finished it. Regards Drizzt

doubt stalingrad will be out before summer ends

Ceci tuera cela

Drizzt

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Khartboy, Stalingrad Mod Team member, have reply me in a post at CSO site that Stalingrad mod will be released 1st June, so I don't have motive to doesn't believe him, and I hope will be released as he says. Regards Drizzt

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Drizzt wrote:
Khartboy, Stalingrad Mod Team member, have reply me in a post at CSO site that Stalingrad mod will be released 1st June, so I don't have motive to doesn't believe him, and I hope will be released as he says. Regards Drizzt

Sry Drizzt,
some things chnged so Stlaingrad mod will in no way be released on June 1st.
The closest possible ETA is late June.
But i'd say late mid-late Summer or even September 13th Very Happy .

Drizzt

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this change all, if the final phase test wiil be good I think my mod will be upload 5th June, (Khartboy say that he has no proplems if I release my mod before stalingrad, the only condition is to write what I have used of stalingrad mod in readme file). Regards Drizzt

RedScorpion

Rep: 11.7

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Drizzt wrote:
Well, this change all, if the final phase test wiil be good I think my mod will be upload 5th June, (Khartboy say that he has no proplems if I release my mod before stalingrad, the only condition is to write what I have used of stalingrad mod in readme file). Regards Drizzt

looking forward to tryingg it out!

Ceci tuera cela

Dima

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Sure Drizzt,

but w/o Stalingrad mod graphics.

CC5:Stalingrad mod resources can be used by any memeber of CC community after CC5:Stalingrad will be released.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand "w/o", but if maybe means that I can't use stalingrad mod graphics before release, is right that you know Dima that Khartboy know that I have used tank.azp file in my mod (and I have worked hours in Data to implement it). But if I can't upload my mod anyway please say it clear. Is not criticism, I really don't well understand if I can use it or not, and if you are a member of stalingrad mod team. Regards Drizzt

Dima

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 5:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean that you can not use CC5:Stalingrad files until CC5:Stalingrad mod will be released.

When CC5:Stalingrad will be released u can use any files you wish. And just tell in readme that u took them from Stalingrad.

So i can c 2 ways:
1)Wait until CC5:Stalingrad will be released.And release yer mod with Stalingrad graphics.
2)Release yer mod before CC5:Stalingrad and use graphics from other mods(CC5:Battle of Berlin, CC3:Real Red or so).

Regards,Dima.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 6:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously is really long recode another tank.azp file in my Data mod, so I think that I will await stalingrad. But one thing I want to say: stalingrad beta files were FREE disposition, I will await stalingrad only in respect of THE GREAT WORK OF MANOI (90% of mod made by him and his old team), and in respect of the new stalingrad mod team, and not because I am "obliged". Regards Drizzt

Dima

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Drizzt wrote:
But one thing I want to say: stalingrad beta files were FREE disposition, I will await stalingrad only in respect of THE GREAT WORK OF MANOI (90% of mod made by him and his old team), and in respect of the new stalingrad mod team, and not because I am "obliged". Regards Drizzt

Drizzt,
we(kartboy and me) were in 'old' Stalingrad team...so this is not new team.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, sorry for my mistake, but the sense don't change: I do that because I really respect your work and not because I'm obliged. Regards Drizzt

Dima

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for understanding Very Happy .

Drizzt

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Dima, why the mod is not yet finished? I know that there are some errors in data, some Btd to finish, and others very little problems as "americans request truce" or american flag, but I have fix them in few time, I have stop to work on it when I understand some months ago that an official team re-work on it, so maybe are the three maps in stratmap that cause crash game the problem? (don't angry again, I'm really only just curious) Regards Drizzt

Dima

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as i can c from screenshots of yer mod, u use old Stal data that has ALOT of mistakes and bugs.
That version of Stalingrad that u dlded from FTP was unplayable.

We remade all the things.

if u have more questions or suggestions add me to yer MSN list :
dimafedorov [at] msn [dot] com

Drizzt

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Dima, I don't use in my mod any files of staligrad mod exept tank.azp file and icons in create scenario (reworked by me), but yes you have reason there are many errors in stalingrad beta data (I have correct it for make it simply playable, but not "historical" playable), I'm sure your mod will be the best because it seems something like close combat 6, all is new, and tanks graphic is awesome, good work! Regards Drizzt

Dima

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 9:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sry, thought u used Embarassed .
All these fool russ names Stalingrad used.....Orudie E-2....T34obr40...
just hate them already Very Happy .

Btw i noticed Hummel in german FP. It had 5men crew not 4. And was not available till May 1943 Wink .

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Kharkov
Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to: