Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Author
-Jager-

Rep: 6.5

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:53 pm Post subject: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Reply with quote

Isent it a way to have the allies to defend the Bastogne
even if they are surrounded?

Sniper2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  90.89 KB
 Viewed:  9323 Time(s)

Sniper2.jpg

Good moaning!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAajssMn95w&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4QDz3c3Auw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia178T1i8ss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwAioN2mtsA&feature=related

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:59 pm Post subject: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Reply with quote

Noticed that too platoon_michael.... Doesn't really impact much, but a bug report has been submitted.

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:12 pm Post subject: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Reply with quote

platoon_michael, that happens in CC4 and CC5 and I thought it was normal not a bug, I mean if you conquer all maps and the game ends, you load the save game and it will be the last battle.

Or maybe I don't understand what you mean. I don't see it as a Bug, it's just that you won, you conquered all and there's no point continuing.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:11 pm Post subject: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Reply with quote

I thought that in CCIV it went straight to the end game when you clicked on your file.
(could be wrong as it has been a long time)

I didn't expect the game to end,I just assumed that on the next day the Allied BG's would just keep coming and I would just keep killing them.Not saying it's a bug,just wasn't what I expected that's all.I was looking for more kills to rack up and show off too though.

Thanks Firefox,
I enjoyed the Mod,the force pools  however I do feel need to be adjusted.
I just never felt at all during the game that I was in jeopardy of running out of anything.

I geuss you could say this is my 1st completed GC as I haven't finished the CCS one yet.

I do suggest that Stoumont look into having a Supply Depot as I said earlier no Allied BG ever entered that map on a Turn 1.
I suggest relocating the entry VL on Marche as the AI could never seem to get their tanks around the houses and into Battle.
It's a shame the game can't have different types of deployment zones.A larger one for the AI would help it out a lot.
I tried to not move my BG's onto another map until turn 2 because I knew the AI didn't deploy any BG's thus the map would be in total German control on Turn1 and I could then just crush the AI easily.(late in the game that is,early on it was go go go)
The Exit VL to Winterspelt on Habscheid is too close to the inital German deployment making the map useless inmho,you only have to fight on the top 1/3rd of the map in order to get off next turn.

I suggest a new GC too,one for playing as Germans one for Allies.
Playing as the Germans the AI should have many more BG's on the strat map and less for playing as the Allies.
The use of fully supplied for the Axis makes it way to easy too.

I never saw one single Allied air support ever.In either this one or the CCS GC

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:49 pm Post subject: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Reply with quote

If anyone is playing this Mod can you please edit the FPools to allow reinforcing and tell us how it's working for you?

Thanks

Rep: 60.6

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:42 pm Post subject: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
If anyone is playing this Mod can you please edit the FPools to allow reinforcing and tell us how it's working for you?

Thanks

i'm playing it regulary... but can  you explain exactly what you need me to do/check?

We are the pilgrims, master. We shall go
 always a little further, it may be
beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
 across that angry or that glimmering sea.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:07 am Post subject: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Reply with quote

I believe FF disabled the use of reinforcing the Force Pools.
You can find this in the bgroups text under the Data/Base folder.

I'm wondering if a Modded WAR has any issues with re-reinforcement not working properly.

I.E.
When using revert it doesn't work properly,by removing the extra teams that were added.
And that the re-reinforcement option doesn't come back after hitting revert.

I would imagine if one had the Bloody Omaha Mod installed they could check the same thing.

salhexe

Rep: 70.1
votes: 6

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:30 am Post subject: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Reply with quote

Hi
I solved in my vetmod so:
added depot in Bastogne. This is not historical but I think recreate the best conditions of the real campaign, as the Germans never conquered Bastogne,
while in the game Ai not ever defend the usually.
This, if the Germans conquest Bastogne  will have another unit to fight the next turn.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:49 pm Post subject: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Reply with quote

Anything to get the AI to put all it's BG's on the strategic Map is a good thing.
Having now had 3 completed GC's I can tell you the AI can never get all it's BG's on the map thus making it too easy to win as the Germans.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:13 pm Post subject: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Reply with quote

Good point salhexe and platoon_michael.... An extra supply depot will help them for supply and give a spot for BG's to reappear....

Aetius

Rep: 89.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:30 am Post subject: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Reply with quote

I tried to install this mod but i get a weird mainscreen showing weapon icons (see screenshot), if i click anything i get a crash to desktop.

Could this have something to do with upgrading to v4.50.10b befor installing the WaR_AOVetBoB_v1.03 mod, are you guy's running the WaR_AOVetBoB_v1.03 mod with the v4.50.10b patch?

weird mainscreen.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  121.29 KB
 Viewed:  9351 Time(s)

weird mainscreen.jpg

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:47 am Post subject: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Reply with quote

You are indeed correct the BETA Patch screwd all (most) mods.

you need to use the modswap plugin version of vetbob if you are using the 10b patch

modswap

http://www.closecombatwar.com/utils/ModswapforCoIWaRtLDLSA.exe

DIRECTIONS

Download ModswapforCoIWaRtLDLSA.exe and run the Exe

Modswap should install to your C:\Matrix Games folder and be ready to run.

WaR_AOVetBoB_v1.03 mod

http://www.closecombatwar.com/utils/AOVetBoB103_for_WaR_All_Versions_GR.exe

only issue is a slight UI mismatch.. should work fine otherwise including H2H on Gameranger.

DIRECTIONS

Download the mod file eg AOVetBoB103_for_WaR.exe

Run the exe which will install AOVetBoB103 mod to your plugins folder.

When that is complete Open ModSwap from your C:\Matrix\Games folder.

From the File menu choose Install and navigate to C:\Matrix\Games\plugins and select AOVetBoB103.WaR

Click on Open and OK to install.

Close ModSwap.

Select Play from Command Center to play WaR with AOVetBoB103 Mod Installed.

Last edited by schrecken on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

schrecken

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:51 am Post subject: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Reply with quote

Also see this thread for the development process of modswap.

it may also answer any questions you have

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8622
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Aetius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:18 am Post subject: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Reply with quote

Hi Schrecken,

Thanks for the quick support, i followed all steps in your post but when i Select Play from Command Center i get the same faulty mainscreen, is there any way to undo the 10b patch?

Aetius

schrecken

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:45 am Post subject: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Reply with quote

ooops

Sorry...wrong link

http://www.closecombatwar.com/utils/AOVetBoB103_for_WaR_All_Versions_GR.exe

only issue is a slight UI mismatch.. should work fine otherwise including H2H on Gameranger.  ( read through that thread I pointed to to get the full story)

use modswap to uninstall the one you have and install this instead...

my bad, I'll fix the link above too.

Aetius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:00 am Post subject: Re: CC WAR Ardennes Offensive Vetbob1.13 1.03B Reply with quote

Works perfectly now,

Thanks again for the quick support

Aetius

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Jump to: