Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1219
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Author
papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:10 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Or perhaps you get a selection from both force pools

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:06 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

papa_whisky wrote (View Post):
Or perhaps you get a selection from both force pools

I hope this is the case and not just a new graphic for BG's with elements from other units, something similar to CC4's VetBoB only that the joined unit graphics where on the BG screen and not in the strat map.

if you can join BG's what happens when you separate them? where do the units go?

Anyway, that doesn't worry me much I would like to know more about if they made changes to the scenario editor, I'm hoping that you can make custom single battles and assign Victory Locations, Deployment for both sides, custom force pool for both sides and requisition points! I would be happy with that but probably is just the boring CC5 scenario editor.

master_468

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:07 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

sorry if it's a repost: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baeLCAVW8gM

QM

Rep: 49.4

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:40 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

master_468 wrote (View Post):
sorry if it's a repost: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baeLCAVW8gM

Nice!!

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:10 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Nice to see the bridge blow.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:28 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Not if you are playing allies!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:42 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Matrix has a product page (though you can not order yet):

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/386/details/Close.Combat.-.Last.Stand.Arnhem

HogansHeros

Rep: 28.5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:20 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Matrix has a product page (though you can not order yet):

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/386/details/Close.Combat.-.Last.Stand.Arnhem  

I like the sound of some of those options:
"Many new game features including troop point buying system, destructible bridges, ferry and assault river crossings, night-time battles, flare effects, and more!
. . .
Improved Battlegroup management – ability to stack battle groups, ability to merge battle groups, ability for one battlegroup to lend teams to another, ability for battlegroups to move through each other on the strat map."

really caught my attention

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:53 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Must send Gratulations to the maker! Very Happy it looks fantastic!! and all my "negative"  opinions about just using US images as the sideselect images is fixed!! even used the flags from both US and UK on the Command screen! Great Work!!

Sure hope that uniform colours is corrected and that the Poles are not jusing the "broken english" voicefile from CC2 ;-)

Looks wery promising from the first look!! Smile) Thankyou for this!!!

WHEN CAN I BUY IT!!! Very Happy

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:49 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Battlegroup stacking!  Wow, now that really shows you folks were really listening. This seems to be the first re-release that is really going somewhere, bg stacking alone adds a whole new tactical dimension to the entire game. It seems as though it's use is limited but it's a step in the right direction.

For those who haven't read it yet, check out the article over at wargamer: http://wargamer.com/article/2905/close-combat-last-stand-arnhem

If I am reading this article correctly, the author points out that you have incorporated a scenario editor which allows you to create battles/ops/gcs just like you can in CC5 (fixed bg's/forcepools, no points, strat-map, etc) AND create battles/ops like you can in CC3 (choosing maps, points, support, etc), is that the case? If this is not the case, it should be a option you guys look into incorporating into future releases, it makes everyone happy.  Smile

And are the "night time effects" really worth it? Can it be disabled? I don't have TLD loaded to check.

"Improved AI

Further improvements have been made to the AI from to reduce some of the more inadequate performance issues, in particular with respect to vehicle pathing, the 'crawl of death', and Team and Unit morale and response in general.
" Should I start to roll eyes?

squadman45

Rep: 2.4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:59 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Well, i am out of CC world but see this make me feel again the CC itch, even they do "new" maps i expect see the original CC2 maps isnt bad, form were and are great maps but the law of minimal effort used in CC releases...  Rolling Eyes

And cant add more, if the game is under or in 30 euros i buy it but if it is in the "new" 80 euros matrix rule i can say bye bye  Twisted Evil

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:01 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

*Drool* Looking damn good!  Cool

Itching in my fingers to buy it...  Wink

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

HogansHeros

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:24 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Troger wrote (View Post):

For those who haven't read it yet, check out the article over at wargamer: http://wargamer.com/article/2905/close-combat-last-stand-arnhem

I had not seen that before, good find. This is an interesting idea they are implementing:

" a company-sized battle group will only have 6 unit slots available to it as compared to the lead element of a regiment-sized battle group which will have 15 units available to it.  If these two battle groups are brought together on one map, the resulting number of units fielded by the combined force will be larger than the size if either one of the companies were on that same map by itself."

HogansHeros

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:41 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Sorry for the double post, couldn't find the edit button but did you guys see this:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2509280&mpage=1&key=&#2509280

"Matrix Games, Slitherine Strategies (www.slitherine.com) and Strategy 3 Tactics are thrilled to announce that Close Combat – Last Stand Arnhem will be releasing in early July, 2010!"

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:32 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

WoW
That's a lot of enhancements

dacman82

Rep: 4.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:48 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

This is all well and good but.... WHEN!!!!!???

Softly softly, catchee monkee...

karlmortar

Rep: 16.7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:40 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Quote:
Drool* Looking damn good!  Cool

Itching in my fingers to buy it...  Wink

You said it!

I never considered buying the Matrix remakes, but this one is a MUST HAVE! Very Happy (And perhaps TLD as well Wink )

"CC for ever"

Dundradal

Rep: 27.9
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:00 pm Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

I own them all and why they have their faults, I find them to be worth the cost. I've already had great fun with a COI GC.

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message, Marathon Infinity

Manoi

Rep: 89.5
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:46 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Seems that I will have a CC game again on my computer soon! And don't ask me to draw 64 new maps for Stalingrad! Wink

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:07 am Post subject: Re: Last stand Arnhem Reply with quote

Very Happy it seems that all the "old" foxes is coming out of their pots when CC 2 (the best game of them all) is almost back on track! just waiting that Trond (TT) will post soon Smile  and give me a heartattack!  Very Happy  Very Happy

Mats

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Jump to: