Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:07 am Post subject: CC Players 4 H2H Gaming Reply with quote

Ever since the online play slumped and the MSN Zone Dropped Close Combat Series it has been a real headache to get games. Many have tried to replace the Zone with other places to play, nothing has really worked too well to unite the CC players. I think this long term problem can be fixed and the CC players who meet here at CC.Net can come up with  a solution.

I have all the Old CC games and all the new Matrix CC released. Right now I play on Gameranger.com which supports a few of the CC games and requests have been made to add the newer Matrix releases. I can play Cross of Iron great at Gameranger only problem is very few people can be found there. I never find a game with Hamachi or Gamespy or the others. I think with more player support Gameranger could be a solution for the h2h headaches CC players face. What are your thoughts and hopes on this subject?

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:37 am Post subject: Re: CC Players 4 H2H Gaming Reply with quote

I have also requested to Scott Kevill that he try and add more of the titles. Hamachi is having problems with Windows 7. On GR we need a common chat room tho...

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:17 am Post subject: Re: CC Players 4 H2H Gaming Reply with quote

Gameranger.com currently supports the following CC games:

Close Combat
Close Combat Demo
Close Combat: Cross of Iron
Close Combat: Invasion Normandy
Close Combat: Invasion Normandy Demo
Close Combat: Modern Tactics
Close Combat II
Close Combat II Demo
Close Combat III
Close Combat III Demo
Close Combat IV
Close Combat IV Demo

I have had no problems playing COI and CCMT on GR so I would assume that once Scott K adds TLD, WAR, and CCArnhem, they would likely work just as well. GR has a public chat and members can create a temporary Close Combat Chat right now.  I imagine a dedicated CC Room could be created by GR but we would likely need both the new games added and a new active group of CC players to demonstrate intrest.

Gameranger has a forum thread for players requesting new games to be added. It might speed the prospects up for adding the new CC games if multiple players requested it there.

Does GR hold the best prospects for uniting CC H2H gaming? Whats the status now on Battle HQ and Gamespy?

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Ost_KinsK

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:22 am Post subject: Re: CC Players 4 H2H Gaming Reply with quote

GR or GS here

Ashurnasirpal

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:08 am Post subject: Re: CC Players 4 H2H Gaming Reply with quote

I like to play ccIII but nobody is ever on game ranger. I tried to find the gamespy client, but gave up after many fruitless attempts. I have never heard of Hamachi so I assume they must be like gamespy: a stupid site with lots of bs, and a client I can't find.

buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:13 am Post subject: Re: CC Players 4 H2H Gaming Reply with quote

gameranger

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: