Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Tippi-Simo

Rep: 53.1
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:13 pm Post subject: Best Close Combat Scene.. Reply with quote

Hey all,

What do you say?
What is the best close combat scene from movies?

I say:

9th Company,
when the the first Afghan assault begins (on the hill).
Link

"Du talar dalig svenska, men du är bra i sängen"

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:24 pm Post subject: Re: Best Close Combat Scene.. Reply with quote

The Lost Battalion has some very amazing scenes of really close combat, there's one with flamethrowers even, looks very real.

Tippi-Simo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:27 pm Post subject: Re: Best Close Combat Scene.. Reply with quote

Pzt_Kanov wrote (View Post):
The Lost Battalion has some very amazing scenes of really close combat, there's one with flamethrowers even, looks very real.

Damn , I think I have missed that.
That whole movie makes WWI looks like a small boy scout camp.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:30 pm Post subject: Re: Best Close Combat Scene.. Reply with quote

Thats one of the worst I have ever seen.

Russians only yell.

No aimed shots by either side.

Massive automatic spraying into the crowd of Taliban by heavy and light guns maybe hits a couple of guys. They are almost standing shoulder to shoulder, I mean come on!

A group of like 100 Taliban literally WALKS to a heavily armed Russian outpost and overruns them.

This is a B movie for teenagers.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417397/board/nest/37685442

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Tippi-Simo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:39 pm Post subject: Re: Best Close Combat Scene.. Reply with quote

Hey,

Don´t blame me! It was the vodka, but still what is the best scene old boy?
And hey, it´s just entertainment.

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:39 pm Post subject: Re: Best Close Combat Scene.. Reply with quote

The Pacific raises the bar on combat scenes.

vonB

Rep: 32.6

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:00 pm Post subject: Re: Best Close Combat Scene.. Reply with quote

It's a toss up between the end of Cross of Iron, with shit and chaos all around, where Stransky exclaims he doesn't know how to reload his MP40, and Steiner just roars with laughter, or...

Kelly's Hero's... just too many Oddball one liners to mention  Laughing   the one about "to a New Yorker, a Tiger is just some kind of wierd sandwich...", or "the only way I have to distract a Tiger is to let it shoot holes in me!..." to mention but two...

but seriously, for sheer visceral gut wrenching realism, it's hard to beat the opening of Saving Private Ryan.

Tippi-Simo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:02 pm Post subject: Re: Best Close Combat Scene.. Reply with quote

mooxe wrote (View Post):

So perhaps Sex and the City is something your standards can accept?
Why watch and waste your time with war movies when they are disgusting for you?

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:08 pm Post subject: Re: Best Close Combat Scene.. Reply with quote

Tippi-Simo wrote (View Post):
mooxe wrote (View Post):

So perhaps Sex and the City is something your standards can accept?
Why watch and waste your time with war movies when they are disgusting for you?

When you say best close combat scene... best translates for me atleast into best demonstration of the use of firepower in combat and its effects on people. Acting, character development and that stuff play a supporting role in the demonstration of combat to get you immersed into what the soldiers experienced. The clip from the 9th you posted, is exactly opposite of my interpretation of best.

SPR raised the bar of realism back in 1998. Every subsequent film released by that group raised it again.

tedy28

Rep: 59.9

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:05 pm Post subject: Re: Best Close Combat Scene.. Reply with quote

I like this moment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRNbcCobcvA&feature=related
and this Smile))))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsyYvFgdb5c&feature=related

graves101

Rep: 8.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:28 pm Post subject: Re: Best Close Combat Scene.. Reply with quote

I've always liked this scene from Stalingrad. The Soviet Tank attack in the snow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVvoo1qFPDo

Although it's aged, it's a realistic engagement. I like how the one schutzen starts frantically digging in his dugout once he sees the T34s coming.

Also, how they wait for the tanks to drive right over their little pits, so they can place magnetic bombs on the tank's rear... that has to be one of the most ballsy things you could attempt. Who knows if your dugout is deep or strong enough to keep the tank from squashing you like a bug?

Priapus

Rep: 18.6

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:36 am Post subject: Re: Best Close Combat Scene.. Reply with quote

Stanley Kubrik was a god damn genius.

Link

edit: and whilst I'm at it:

Link

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:17 pm Post subject: Re: Best Close Combat Scene.. Reply with quote

Children of Men is a GREAT movie.

Priapus

Rep: 18.6

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:16 am Post subject: Re: Best Close Combat Scene.. Reply with quote

pvt_Grunt wrote (View Post):
Children of Men is a GREAT movie.

Yeah, definitely ranked in my top 5. I even bought the book it was based on after I first saw it (which is terrible btw). That scene I posted is apparently 4 different recordings spliced together, although I can only spot 1 or 2 likely edits after much scrutiny.

tedy28 wrote (View Post):
I like this moment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRNbcCobcvA&feature=related
and this Smile))))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsyYvFgdb5c&feature=related  

I never understood that scene. What are all those SS guys doing hanging out in an open field? I mean, that's a CC AI deployment.

Andreus

Rep: 16.8

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:15 pm Post subject: Re: Best Close Combat Scene.. Reply with quote

What i can't understand is that they don't kill the first guy alone, instead of frightening and weting their pants...

You know, I'm just a normal guy like everyone else. Why, my friends say, "Andreus you're just so cool because you're normal just like everyone else." Yep, normal that's me. - Fallout 2

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:22 pm Post subject: Re: Best Close Combat Scene.. Reply with quote

Link

This is not the best but it is good

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

graves101

Rep: 8.3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:48 pm Post subject: Re: Best Close Combat Scene.. Reply with quote

I've read the BoB book, and in regards to the turkey shoot in "Crossroads", the SS were in assembly at their starting positions just before initiating an attack - you're really vulnerable at this point if the enemy catches you off guard, which is exactly what Easy Company did. Easy was really lucky in coming around from practically the SS's rear, and the Germans where so focused on their upcoming advance; American troops assaulting from the side/rear caught them completely unawares and having no idea what to do except run like chickens.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: