Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1214
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Thirsk

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:45 pm Post subject: Soldiers with an * asterisk Reply with quote

Whoa, it's been years since I last played a Close Combat game..and roughly about seven years since the very first time I played one. And in all that time, I CANNOT believe I've been missing out on so many good mods. What an idiot I was for thinking that the original campaign was awesome! I'm probably even more dismayed by the fact that the CC community is STILL going strong.

But back to the reason why I'm posting...

The first mod I'm trying out is Bloody Omaha, and one of the things I noticed was that certain soldiers have their names followed by an asterisk. Is that just to show that these names are from actual soldiers from WWII? And probably unlikely but are they superior in any way to the regular troops?  Rolling Eyes

ps. so far, this mod is bloody brilliant!  Wink

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:43 pm Post subject: Re: Soldiers with an * asterisk Reply with quote

From memory, the asterisk denotes actual names of soldiers from that unit.

Thirsk

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:26 pm Post subject: Re: Soldiers with an * asterisk Reply with quote

Ah ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

But now I have another query...I noticed that Bloody Omaha has been ported over to CCTLD; however, it seems that there aren't any Vetmods currently available for it. After reading up a bit about CCTLD and its AI improvements, I'm left wondering whether I should continue playing Bloody Omaha on CCV or start fresh on the newer CCTLD engine.

CCV has a Vetmod for Bloody Omaha but CCTLD does not...so which do you think would provide a bigger challenge against the AI?

Priapus

Rep: 18.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:35 pm Post subject: Re: Soldiers with an * asterisk Reply with quote

I suggest you play against a human opponent. Find us at hamachi (see the stickied thread at the top of the forum main page).

graves101

Rep: 8.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:19 pm Post subject: Re: Soldiers with an * asterisk Reply with quote

BO for CC5 is great, but I believe the only problem is there are no tracers shown in that version. I don't remember hearing if it was ever fixed, and I have no knowledge of the TLD version.

But the most engaging thing, for me, about Bloody Omaha, is how the descriptions for some of the maps seem to imply the mod's creator or someone involved was actually at D-day as a ranger. He talks about being a company leader and what happened when he landed, losing men right beside him and how most of his unit was KIA before they reached the bluff.

I would really like to find out more about who this is and how he was involved with the game.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Bloody Omaha

Jump to: