Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1212
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
graves101

Rep: 8.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:47 pm Post subject: Anyone still play Sid Meiers Gettysburg? Reply with quote

I just recently dusted off this old gem and got hooked again. The graphics mean nothing to me when game-play is good. I never got a chance to try H2H with it, though. I was wondering if any dinosaurs still remain who would be interested in trying some multiplayer action.
Surprising, I know, considering the AI is so good.

Eastern Standard time, etc.

I play the AI at the hardest difficulty level, just so you know what to expect.

Coldstream

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:51 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still play Sid Meiers Gettysburg? Reply with quote

there is one man who still fights against Union - that is me :)

I would try to play with You if You want...

I am not very good at this game, but I've got great heart to fight Smile

graves101

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:18 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone still play Sid Meiers Gettysburg? Reply with quote

For Virginian Glory!

Heh, the big interest for me is because, in Canada, I'm 7 hours from Gettysburg and have toured the battle-sight, makes playing Meier's game 10x more fun. I also spent time in Virgina, where I have family, just a few miles from Manassas and 30 minutes from Washington, DC. So, I'm right in Civil War country. A few people I've talk to tell me they are descended from Civil War soldiers, one was even a historical researcher who wrote a book, interesting dude.

Though I much prefer the southern boys, Lee, Longstreet, Armistead, Pickett, Ramseur, Early, and alot of really good Brigades, I don't mind playing Billy Yank, they still had a lot of good Generals at the battle, Meade, Buford, Reynolds (didn't last, though), Doubleday, Hancock.

Coldstream

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:04 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still play Sid Meiers Gettysburg? Reply with quote

You forget about Stonewall Jackson Smile and the cavalery commanders: JEB Stuart and Nathan B. Forrest.

diggin.robat

Rep: 39.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:05 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone still play Sid Meiers Gettysburg? Reply with quote

Sid Meier´s Gettysburg was a nice game, also own Antietam. The game engine was used for Waterloo and Austerlitz by another company. Two things I remember:
1. AI tends to march to the VLs with almost all his units in an all out effort.
2. Tried to make a hth session with my home WLAN (and also LAN) and PCs but the game was running not evenly on the guest PC. Any ideas?

cheers

Robat

GW modding team
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:03 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone still play Sid Meiers Gettysburg? Reply with quote

I played both Gettysberg and Antietam a few years ago, great games.

Coldstream

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:25 pm Post subject: Re: Anyone still play Sid Meiers Gettysburg? Reply with quote

I never tried to play mulitiplayer in Gettysburg.

I have Waterloo Napoleon's Last Battle, a great game also as the Meier's Gettysburg.

graves101

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:23 am Post subject: Re: Anyone still play Sid Meiers Gettysburg? Reply with quote

Ah, but this is Gettysburg, Stonewall Jacky-boy is tragically diseased.  Wink  I have yet to try the alternate history scenario with Jackson fighting at the battle.

And while Stuart was an excellent cavalry commander throughout the war, his actions during South Mountain/Antietam and Gettysburg were downright shameful... completely failed to keep Lee informed of enemy movements.

I'm still fuzzy on the Union order of battle, playing as them in h2h will be good to learn more.

Yeah, even though my extended tour through the Close Combat series makes Gettysburg's AI look like Deep Blue, the AI has faults. The biggest thing that annoys me is when they bunch up tons of regiments into big masses. The regiments just overlap each other and look totally chaotic. I typically play with the ordered structure that brigadier generals provide.

Any and all willing to play are more than welcome to set up a game or two with me. Hamachi should work, if not, GR now plays with both Gettysburg/Antietam. I also have Antietam, so I am willing to play that as well. Antietam has improvements that I like, but there are also a bunch of features I dislike, so Gettysburg is my preferred of the two.

I'm gonna try to get Waterloo and Austerlitz, so I can also try to get that going in the future, if any are interested.

I'm usually on Hamachi during the day.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: