Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1221
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:29 am Post subject: CC Mod Swap Error Reply with quote

For COI.  When I hit Mod Swap none of the files appear as before so i select the cc3 files and then I can see all my COI Mods every tiime I select one to install I get message.

CCModSwap Error: This mod requires Close Combat 3. You must install CC3 before you can use this mod.

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:48 am Post subject: Re: CC Mod Swap Error Reply with quote

Screen pic(s) may help a bit.

I presume this is a recent occurence.  Doing any mucking about prior to it misbehaving, i.e. with the file system?

Does ModSwap indicate that CC3 (CoI) is installed when you launch it? (Radio Buttons where it says Installed Mods).  If it detects CoI is installed, the CC3 Radio Button should be selected automatically.  If not, then it would indicate something screwy with either the Registry or the CoI installation, or both.

ModSwap also saves the state in a variety of places, such as in CCModSwap.ini, and in CCModSwapBackup Folders, and InstalledMods Folder, so any changes to these outside of ModSwap could cause issues.

How do you mean 'select the cc3 files'?

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:03 am Post subject: Re: CC Mod Swap Error Reply with quote

been getting the same thing with Grossdeautcshland, real romainians and DoF seem to install okay

US_Brake

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:02 am Post subject: Re: CC Mod Swap Error Reply with quote

I have reinstalled COI and did not install the patch. When I tried to install WF in Mod Swap I still get the same message.

modswap2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  67.27 KB
 Viewed:  15724 Time(s)

modswap2.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:16 am Post subject: Re: CC Mod Swap Error Reply with quote

Okay no, mine is slightly different

vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:13 am Post subject: Re: CC Mod Swap Error Reply with quote

Could it be the CC3 Version of WF and not the CoI Version?

Can't tell from that pic whether what ModSwap has detected, but from a vanilla install it is hard to believe that the basic setup isn't ok, so next possibility will be the Plugin itself.

If it is the CoI WF Plugin, where did you D/L from so I can see if it does the same on my setup.

US_Brake

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:16 pm Post subject: Re: CC Mod Swap Error Reply with quote

Before when it was working correctly i would select install and be able to see all my mods in the list. Now it is is empty I have to  select Files Type: Close Combat 3 Mod Files (*.cc3)  at the bottom of mod swap to be able to view/select them all.

I get the same error for all of my COI mods. I was installing and uninstalling the same mods without a problem before. I have reinstalled COI twice since and modswap. Still giving me the error.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:56 pm Post subject: Re: CC Mod Swap Error Reply with quote

Did you apply the COI patch after installing?

US_Brake

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:17 pm Post subject: Re: CC Mod Swap Error Reply with quote

I have uninstalled COI and removed all mods that I dl from matrix. I reinstalled COI and Command center without problems. Before installing the patch I dl WF v10 from Matrix. Then selecting Mod swap. File still not showing up unless I select cc3 or all files. So I select it for install and still get the same error  This mod requires Close Combat 3. You must install CC3 before you can use this mod. After I install the new patch and try to install WF10 get the same message. When I try to install MMCC same error. All mods same error.

I thought a new install of the game and the mod would do it. guess not. It was working fine for me before when I would select mod swap all my mods would show up in the box. Now they don't show up unless I select ALL FILES or CC3 FILES.

modswap1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  62.98 KB
 Viewed:  15689 Time(s)

modswap1.jpg

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:25 pm Post subject: Re: CC Mod Swap Error Reply with quote

Ok

you don't have the patch installed correctly... I can see a .org link on Command Centre bottom right

it should say CoI Downloads
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

schrecken

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:28 pm Post subject: Re: CC Mod Swap Error Reply with quote

command center

commandcentre.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  42.84 KB
 Viewed:  15679 Time(s)

commandcentre.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

US_Brake

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:33 pm Post subject: Re: CC Mod Swap Error Reply with quote

Yes thanks, I get the error regardless. I have tried before installing the patch, get error, and install the patch, still get the error.

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:39 am Post subject: Re: CC Mod Swap Error Reply with quote

What is the path to your CC3.exe

Here is mine... yours should match

C:\program files\Close Combat\Close Combat III\CC3.exe

US_Brake

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:41 am Post subject: Re: CC Mod Swap Error Reply with quote

C:\program files\Close Combat\Close Combat III\CC3.exe

No problem with exe location.

I was thinking anti virus could be the culpret so i checked that, and it did list CC.exe as a potential hazard but it wasnt quarentined or action taken. Just detected and listed by my anti virus program as a possible threat. I took it a step further and turned off my antivirus and reinstalled everything again.

when tried to install any mod or campaign i still got:

CCModSwap Error: This mod requires Close Combat 3. You must install CC3 before you can use this mod.

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:48 am Post subject: Re: CC Mod Swap Error Reply with quote

So, what was it again that you changed to make it not work?

US_Brake

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:10 am Post subject: Re: CC Mod Swap Error Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
So, what was it again that you changed to make it not work?

When I installed the new patch I forgot and left WF in. So I uninstalled COI, reinstalled. And ever since I get the Error, even after reinstalling about 5 times now.

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:39 am Post subject: Re: CC Mod Swap Error Reply with quote

Sounds like you have remnants left in the registry or similar... a bit odd though as you would think you would see the reverse of what you report.

Question 1

Do you have a legitimate copy of CoI or did you get it from mooxe?

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:43 am Post subject: Re: CC Mod Swap Error Reply with quote

Here's a thought

navigate to

C:\Program Files\Close Combat\Close Combat III\instmods.ini

open with notepad

Does it look like this- below

[InstalledMods]
[ExclusiveFiles]

US_Brake

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:33 am Post subject: Re: CC Mod Swap Error Reply with quote

Affirmative. Looks same.

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:47 am Post subject: Re: CC Mod Swap Error Reply with quote

ok

navigate to

C:\Program Files\Close Combat\CCModSwap.ini

open with notepad

[General]
LastVersion=3

[InstalledVersions]
0=0
1=0
2=0
3=1
4=0
5=0
6=0
7=0
8=0
9=0

[InstalledLocations]
3=C:\Program Files\Close Combat\Close Combat III

[InstalledToRegKey]
2=SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Close Combat\2.00
3=SOFTWARE\CSO\Close Combat\3.50
4=SOFTWARE\Strategic Simulations Inc.\Close Combat\4.00
5=SOFTWARE\Mattel Interactive\Close Combat\5.00

[EXEFileNames]
2=CC2.exe
3=CC3.exe
4=CC4.exe
5=CC5.exe

DOes your [InstalledToRegKey] for 3 match above?

And [InstalledVersions] 3=1  ?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: