Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1221
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Andreus

Rep: 16.8

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:24 pm Post subject: PzKpfw T-34 Reply with quote

Maybe it has already been said, but hell, I don't know how different the "german" T-34 is coded from the soviet one, it's just way stronger than a rock... Just two examples:

1- Three T-34 (1 command) and a KV-1 facing a single one. Took 5 minutes of continuous shelling to knock it out. Got my KV damaged (immobilized + 2 dead crewmen). All were frontal hits.

2- PzKpfw T-34 facing command T-34. I hit him twice, nothing. His second hit knocks mine out. I bring a KV and two more T-34. He disables one of them with a front hit. I manage to immobilize him with the KV while he was spinning, all following hits by the KV were side/rear. No way to get it out, I shoot all the AP rounds and even the HE to keep it pinned. I finally reach his back with the other T-34 and knock it out at the second hit...

I know PzKpfw T-34s were better handled by german crews, as soviets had less training/experience, but were them THAT strong? I mean, it took me like 5 minutes of constant shooting to take them out... Maybe I've just been unlucky or it's because of the Russian Vetmod? Mine blow up against Mark IIIs with the long cannon or StuG IIIs...
Do germans added more armor to the captured ones?

Thanks

You know, I'm just a normal guy like everyone else. Why, my friends say, "Andreus you're just so cool because you're normal just like everyone else." Yep, normal that's me. - Fallout 2

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:42 pm Post subject: Re: PzKpfw T-34 Reply with quote

Quote:
Do germans added more armor to the captured ones?

no, it was nearly impossibe to add enough extra armor for T34...

vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:59 am Post subject: Re: PzKpfw T-34 Reply with quote

A couple of personal observations...

The AI can seem to perform better in like for like, i.e. if you take on an AI Unit under direct control (i.e. you issue the fire command to your Unit(s)), then it seems to win more often, particulalry in Tank .v. Tank engagements.  This may just be my paranoia, or being a sore loser because the AI kicked my butt, but it seems that way to me.

Also, on some occasions, an AI Unit can seem to turn into an Uber Unit.  Recently I sprung a trap using 3 Shermans,  a single Stug III took them all out, despite me getting the first shots in, and hitting the Stug more often.  The range was less than 100metres.

Or when the Sherman took repeated hits from an 88 without being damaged.

Of course all these are possible in reality (it could have been Wittman commanding the Stug  Wink ), but it pushes the bounds of credibility a bit sometimes.

CC does not model effects based on physics, though I am not sure exactly how it is computed in game, but I think it allows for situations where things that (seemingly) should not happen, do.

I am convinced that the AI has an edge, which is why I tend to use the Defend Command as much as possible.  Though it does not guarantee a better performance, I am sure that the success rate is improved over using the Fire Command, especially with AT Teams accompanied by a Command Team.  A common tactic I use is to start AT on Ambush, wait for enemy Units to deploy conveniently, and then switch to Defend.  The kill rate seems to be higher doing that, than explicitly targetting the Unit(s) with the AT.

So, when the AI kicks my butt,  I curse a bit, and then see how I can get even.

Andreus

Rep: 16.8

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:36 pm Post subject: Re: PzKpfw T-34 Reply with quote

Well, when i set the tanks to defend, they start spinning and doing idiotic movements (exposing flanks/rear) at the very first moment, instead of just turning the turret and staying still...
But yeah, it's true than when you don't order them to fire, they seem to be more deadly. I often try to get them facing the right direction, through move commands and then set to defend, where there's no real target priority.

You know, I'm just a normal guy like everyone else. Why, my friends say, "Andreus you're just so cool because you're normal just like everyone else." Yep, normal that's me. - Fallout 2

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel

Jump to: