Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:36 pm Post subject: Indirect Arty Reply with quote

I am trying to figure out how to get an self propelled gun work correctly as an indirect fire weapon.

Firstly it appears you have to classify the gun as a mortar, and all the ammunition has to be indirect (any direct ammo gives a return can't see if you don't have line of sight), however if you give the fire animation sequence -1 you do not get any fire sequence like you would if it were the main gun of a tank. Any suggested work around? The best I can do now is classify it as a rifle in the fire animation sequence.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:24 pm Post subject: Re: Indirect Arty Reply with quote

Have a look at the Nebelwerfer mod for classic CC5. Maybe that will shed some clues..

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=409

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:16 pm Post subject: Re: Indirect Arty Reply with quote

Just have it indirect - no need to be mortar.

Buck_Compton

Rep: 64.6
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:58 pm Post subject: Re: Indirect Arty Reply with quote

Not to be rude but isn't that over stretching? SPG's usually fire over a pretty long distance. Not within the ranges available to the cc5 engine. Maybe it would be usuable in a ccm mod but other than that...

If you would like to have an SPG in your mod you might wanna have a look at RSR mod it has 2 man FOB teams wich had m109 and AS90 to its availabillity  ;)

CHeers Buck

If you are short of everything but enemy, you are in the combat zone.

papa_whisky

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:44 am Post subject: Re: Indirect Arty Reply with quote

This is for ccmt:

@ Dima if I classify it as a towed gun it will fire indirect but only if it has LOS.

@Buck it is for ccmt

Sexton Troop.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  243.31 KB
 Viewed:  5007 Time(s)

Sexton Troop.jpg

papa_whisky

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:55 am Post subject: Re: Indirect Arty Reply with quote

Another interesting aspect of indirect fire, is that if I set base accuracy to 511 and range pb to 6000m, as the distance increases the acuracy drops off greatly such that at 4000m there is a spread of shot over hundreds of meters. My desired effect would be having the shot fall with a spread of about 40m.

With mortars, as I can use no other method so simulate this, if you use a clip of say 5 rounds and a long time to reload clip to simulate the time to call the fire for HE it works fine, but for smoke each round takes as long as a clip to reload. This appears to have been a bug since CC3. I say bug, as I cannot see any reason to deliberately do this.

My emulation of field artillery will be less than perfect.

papa_whisky

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:26 am Post subject: Re: Indirect Arty Reply with quote

Well, I have settled on using a 'seperate' weapon for the smoke. In effect my Sexton will have 2x25 prs. One fires only smoke the other HE. The HE has a 5 round clip with a minute reload clip time sort of equivalent of a typical fire mission 'five rounds fire for effect!', the smoke version has a clip of 1 rnd with small reload clip time. Works OK providing nearly the desired effect.

I can't resolve accuracy issues, and I can't resolve the fire animation issue. Nice to see a troop of Sexton's doing their stuff. A good infantry killer if standing, reasonable if they are prone as you might expect.

papa_whisky

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:50 am Post subject: Re: Indirect Arty Reply with quote

I will also implement OP tanks. That were armed with a dummy main gun, and a radio to the Bty CP. They will be able to call Arty, but only with LOS. I wonder if I can get a 90s delay or so, between caling the mission and the shells hitting the ground. If I remember correctly the chance of a hit is calculated at the time of firing not at the time after the 'time to fire' would could make it silly.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop

Jump to: