Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:03 am Post subject: Cob's GJS Strategy Guide Reply with quote

Geocities closed back in 2009 and Cob's strat guide went down int hat sinking ship. Does anyone have a copy?

http://www.geocities.com/panzertruppen1/Cob1GJSstrat.html

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

DAK_Von_Manteuffel

Rep: 17.9

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:12 pm Post subject: Re: Cob's GJS Strategy Guide Reply with quote

Is this what you want?

GUIDE TO CAMPAIGN FOR CLOSE COMBAT

El general que vence , siempre tiene razón.

papajack

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:54 pm Post subject: Re: Cob's GJS Strategy Guide Reply with quote

Yes , it is great to have a copy especially for newbie like me

Cheers

mooxe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:32 am Post subject: Re: Cob's GJS Strategy Guide Reply with quote

DAK_Von_Manteuffel wrote (View Post):
Is this what you want?

Show me what that is Von_M.

DAK_Von_Manteuffel

Rep: 17.9

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:07 am Post subject: Re: Cob's GJS Strategy Guide Reply with quote

The management of its operations and campaigns are almost as intense as the battles being played. The strategic level for this game implements supply routes, weather conditions, aid available and a number of other challenges to overcome. This guide is intended as a general outline of how a campaign can be successfully accomplished through the use of commonly accepted rules and settings and explain how to act, the mechanics of how a campaign.

1. Where to play?

Close Combat 5 most popular avenue is to deliver gamers with GameSpy Arcade. Weekdays and weekends will see anywhere between 5 and 25 people playing. Other venues to meet people on the Hamachi network "Close Combat series" with password "CCS." You can also try to find an opponent in BattleHQ.

NOTE: Normally arrange courier and play via TCP / IP in multiplayer mode is SIMPLE and streamlines the process. All campaigns that played that way without problems.

2. The choice of an opponent

Great Campaigns take a considerable amount of time to complete. Weeks, months and sometimes a year or more is required to play through a game. Even to play a campaign to the point where it is obvious that the winner can take time. Choose your opponents by the level of commitment they offer. Also take into account how long they can go online, your time zone or country.

3. Deciding on Standards

Standards are an important part of this game. The rules must be set in stone before playing the 1st game and never to review unless both parties agree. The following is a list of the most common rules for a campaign.

etc, etc,

El general que vence , siempre tiene razón.

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:02 pm Post subject: Re: Cob's GJS Strategy Guide Reply with quote

The wayback thing used to work a long time ago. But now it seems it doesn't function anymore:  http://www.archive.org/web/web.php   You used to type here  this link  http://www.geocities.com/panzertruppen1/Cob1GJSstrat.html .

I wish someone had a copy of Cobalth's tactics guide. It was a masterpiece, a *must* for newbies.

mikwarleo

Rep: 38.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:12 am Post subject: Re: Cob's GJS Strategy Guide Reply with quote

http://replay.waybackmachine.org/20091022175412/http://geocities.com/panzertruppen1/Cob1GJSstrat.html

Kudos to WillKnott who found it at above location - perhaps we could back this up and bring it to CCS to ensure this great resource is not lost?

Some pics missing but mostly it is intact.

20min games | Replace Commander | Disband Rule | CC5 Strat Guide

WillKnott

Rep: 41.6

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:47 am Post subject: Re: Cob's GJS Strategy Guide Reply with quote

I managed to pilfer a copy of each page I could find.  All the text is still there, and a majority of the jpg's.  But there is some missing.  I can zip it up and email it to someone if they want to post it for download.

mooxe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:32 am Post subject: Re: Cob's GJS Strategy Guide Reply with quote

Please attach it to a post here or email it to me. I will make it available on this site.

mikwarleo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:57 am Post subject: Re: Cob's GJS Strategy Guide Reply with quote

Hey guys, so did you save this, on it's way to being rehosted?

Awesome to keep this guide alive. I've noticed it's actually not on wayback at the moment (whether that's temporary or permanent?)...

Please post here once it's hosted.

mooxe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:25 am Post subject: Re: Cob's GJS Strategy Guide Reply with quote

I read an article the other day on www.slashdot.org on how this group is releasing a 900GB torrent of all Geocities sites.

mikwarleo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:11 am Post subject: Re: Cob's GJS Strategy Guide Reply with quote

Any movement on this? I still refer newbies to it regularly but only have wayback version available.

mikwarleo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:42 pm Post subject: Re: Cob's GJS Strategy Guide Reply with quote

The guide lives on! And it has evolved to PDF!

A massive thanks to Pzt_Crackwise and Pzt_Wruff for keeping it alive. And to the original author must go the primary credit, Pzt_Cobalth for creating this great resource.
You're not a real CC player until you have a copy of this guide!

Thanks again gentlemen!

EDIT: Pzt_Wruff link died and I haven't been able to raise him so have uploaded it again here:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/21893042/PZT_TACTICAL_GUIDE.rar

enjoy

Last edited by mikwarleo on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:05 am Post subject: Re: Cob's GJS Strategy Guide Reply with quote

Great job.

vitamin

Rep: 0.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:52 pm Post subject: Re: Cob's GJS Strategy Guide Reply with quote

That link for mediafire is not working anymore:( Could you please upload this guide once again?

Many thanks in advance.

zoober

Rep: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:11 am Post subject: Re: Cob's GJS Strategy Guide Reply with quote

Anyone?

I'll be buying CC5 soon and would love to have this guide.

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:35 am Post subject: Re: Cob's GJS Strategy Guide Reply with quote

I have a copy but its too large to attach here, Mooxe do you want to host it? If yes I will send it to you.

zoober

Rep: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:59 pm Post subject: Re: Cob's GJS Strategy Guide Reply with quote

Please send him PM as he might not check this thread. And if he's not gonna host it please upload it to mediafire and send me PM with the link.

Hesus

Rep: 43.1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:02 am Post subject: Re: Cob's GJS Strategy Guide Reply with quote

Any news on the guide?

mikwarleo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:17 am Post subject: Re: Cob's GJS Strategy Guide Reply with quote

updated download link: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21893042/PZT_TACTICAL_GUIDE.rar

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Gold, Juno, Sword
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: