Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Author
Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:05 am Post subject: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Reply with quote

Michael I think you got the Iron cross 2nd class mixed with the Knight's cross

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:12 am Post subject: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Reply with quote

The Button problem only appears in Game Ranger... everything is fine otherwise.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

davidssfx

Rep: 16.8
votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:13 am Post subject: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Reply with quote

Mafi wrote (View Post):
davidssfx wrote (View Post):
I've asked mafi about this ... and this is one of the things he mentioned that I think would help figure this problem out.

" does the same problem occur when extracting and repacking the original CCImages file?"

This would determine if the problem is occurring with the extract/repack process
... can't check this out now ... off to work

Hi there,

just checked the repacking result of RtBTool with original CCImages.pix:
- original TLD CCImages.pix contains 16-bit TARGA as expected,
- unpacking and repacking of this file results in an identical file (byte-by-byte).

So the problem is (from my humble point of view) not related to CCImages.pix. See platoon_michaels point: gadget size and location?

And another point you should not miss:
GDG-file modding changed a little bit since WaR/TLD/LSA: original CC4/CC5 had their GDG-entries always sorted alphabetically. WaR/TLD/LSA have their GDG-entries no longer sorted alphabetically (sorry), so the new RtBTool has the point "export with index-numbering" for GDG-editing. Check this radio button in RtBTool when editing WaR/TLD/LSA GDG-files, and you will be save. Actual BED9-tool functionality is also WaR/TLD/LSA-save in case of GDG-unpack & -repack.

Cheers
Mafi

Hi mafi ... thanks for checking the unpacking/repacking

Also, I'll add some notes about what is going on, so everyone knows ... (using info relating to TLD GT 1.6)

Overview:
Stock (original) TLD connects through to the Multiplayer screen using Game Ranger
Game Ranger didn't connect players, when GT 1.6 was installed. The game would load to the Main screen, and if players tried to manually connect after proceeding to Multiplayer (from Main) ... they couldn't enter an IP.
It was discovered that if the GT 1.6 version of the CCImages.PIX file was taken out of the ModSwap installation, and replaced with the original TLD version ... then Game Ranger connected players to the Multiplayer screen. Both players had to do this ... of course.

1. New main screens (and other in game screens) were created ... and work outside of Game Ranger in Single/Multi player
2. ModSwap is the required method of installation for GT 1.6 to work with Game Ranger
3. All GT 1.6 files work with Game Ranger (including Screen and Game Gadgets) ... but only when the original TLD version of CCImages.PIX is used
4. Further testing proved:
The game will not load past the first GT 1.6 image of the three Game Ranger uses (from the CCImages.PIX file). For example: the game loads three images in sequence (in Game Ranger) ... those being; splash, main, multiplayer. If any one of those images is replaced with a GT 1.6 version ... the game will not load all the way through to the Multiplayer screen.

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:32 am Post subject: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Reply with quote

I unpacked and then re-packed tLD CCImages.pix with gadgetmunger.

It is now stalling at the MP screen when launched with GameRanger

more testing needed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:23 pm Post subject: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Reply with quote

A little more info

David unpacked/re-packed stock tLD CCImages with RTB Tool yesterday and the game again stalled at the main Screen when launched with GameRanger

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:34 pm Post subject: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Reply with quote

David as per Mafi's post above, did you check the "export with index-numbering" radio button?

Quote:
"export with index-numbering" for GDG-editing. Check this radio button in RtBTool when editing WaR/TLD/LSA GDG-files, and you will be save. Actual BED9-tool functionality is also WaR/TLD/LSA-save in case of GDG-unpack & -repack.

davidssfx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:57 pm Post subject: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
David as per Mafi's post above, did you check the "export with index-numbering" radio button?

Quote:
"export with index-numbering" for GDG-editing. Check this radio button in RtBTool when editing WaR/TLD/LSA GDG-files, and you will be save. Actual BED9-tool functionality is also WaR/TLD/LSA-save in case of GDG-unpack & -repack.

But, we still need to test the latest file, with it installed on both computers.
I've also unpacked the original CCImages with rtb, then added text to the the main screen image (to produce an image change) ... then repacked. This also needs to be tested ... if we aren't able to connect with the previous test mentioned above.

I am convinced the problem will be found in the unpack/repack process ... maybe because of not using rtb, or PC/Mac related, or whatever.

davidssfx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:18 pm Post subject: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Reply with quote

Did some more testing with DampSquib ... thanks for your help

In order to rule out any Screen and Game gadget concerns ... testing was done with TLD original version.
The only file changed and tested was "CCImages.PIX".
All tests below ... done with rtb

Results:
1. Test: Original "CCImages.PIX" file was unpacked and repacked with rtb.
Result: GR connected to Multiplayer (MP) screen.

2. Test: Original "CCImages.PIX" file opened and then "Main Screen" image opened in photoshop. Text was added to the image, and then saved as a 16-bit .TGA.
Result: GR connected to Multiplayer (MP) screen.

3. Test: Original "CCImages.PIX" file opened and then "Main Screen" image opened in photoshop. GT 1.6 image was placed over original "Main Screen" image (as a layer) ... and then saved as a 16-bit .TGA.
Result: GR did not connect to Multiplayer (MP) screen. Game stalled at "Main Screen".

Seems there is a problem with changing the "Main Screen" image ... beyond anything more than additional text.

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:45 pm Post subject: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Reply with quote

New update to Ground Tactics  (no data changes)

http://www.closecombatwar.com/utils/GroundTactics17_tLD_GRedition.exe

tested and working in Gameranger with main Screen changes.

This could be the official GT release.... I will post it on the Matrix support site along with updated ModSwap if all reports are positive.

Last edited by schrecken on Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total

davidssfx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:52 am Post subject: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Reply with quote

This could be the official GT release.... I will post it on the Matrix support site along with updated ModSwap if all reports are positive.

Thanks Schrecken :)

Just a heads up for anyone using Game Ranger ... sometimes the connection will stall at the Multiplayer screen, during the first attempt to connect (after a ModSwap install)... but the second try (and afterwards) it connects properly.

As for 1.7 changes ...
- I did add a couple of Assault teams to the Rangers and took one AA gun from the German BG at du Hoc. I also adjusted mortar numbers for the Ost BG at Pegasus ... in order to try and get them a mortar. So a few small changes to forcepools and bggroups ... not sure if this would cause any problems with previous saved files.

-updated sounds also, and the screen changes to make it work in GR.

I hope this is the final version ... I thought 1.6 was, but needed to do more work to get it compatible with GR.

Rep: 60.6

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:31 am Post subject: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Reply with quote

the link says  'modern tactics' ??????  :roll:

disregard, i made a mistake  Embarassed

We are the pilgrims, master. We shall go
 always a little further, it may be
beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
 across that angry or that glimmering sea.

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:13 pm Post subject: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Reply with quote

Quote:

Don't worry, it's not your first!

Rep: 60.6

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:28 pm Post subject: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Reply with quote

Quote:

Don't worry, it's not your first!

and it will not be my last too  Twisted Evil

We are the pilgrims, master. We shall go
 always a little further, it may be
beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
 across that angry or that glimmering sea.

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:42 am Post subject: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Reply with quote

Zon's Metal mod for LSa now available as a modswap plugin.

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:46 am Post subject: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Reply with quote

An updated patch for modswap is now available.

Version 2 for LSA/CoI/WaR/tLD can no longer be run as two instances thus corrupting some installations.

Get it here:  http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/LongestDay/tLDmods.html.

note; the original modswap for LSA/CoI/WaR/tLD must be installed first and then patched to version 2.

This is so any custom installations are not corrupted.

kweniston

Rep: 57.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:41 am Post subject: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Reply with quote

What is new in the v2 version Schrecken?

kweniston

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:44 am Post subject: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Reply with quote

I get an error trying to install the LSA Metal Mod: "Error, this mod requires Close Combat 2. You must install CC2 before you can use this mod"

?

edit: Had to re-edit the modswap.ini, all settings were overwritten...

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:07 am Post subject: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Reply with quote

hmmm

sounds like you reinstalled the original instead of just the update?

kweniston

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:19 pm Post subject: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Reply with quote

hmmm

sounds like you reinstalled the original instead of just the update?

I'm quite certain I didn't, but that may possibly be. Anyway, it's fixed now, thanks.

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:03 pm Post subject: Re: New Version of MODSWAP for WaR - tLD - LSA Reply with quote

How's things going with this?
Will GameRanger accept Mods through ModSwap properly now?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to: