Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1212
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:54 pm Post subject: I TOTALLY HATE ALL SOCIAL NETWORKING MEDIA Reply with quote

ALL OF IT!

Except CCS.

I am too old school.

Please excuse my lame ass attempt to modernize this website with the share links.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:29 pm Post subject: Re: I TOTALLY HATE ALL SOCIAL NETWORKING MEDIA Reply with quote

I don't use any of it.
FB =maybe look at it once a month
MS=never
Twitter=never
Blog=never

I use the internet for CC,COH and Sports.

Advertisments have pissed me off to the point I don't even watch much TV anymore,nothing pisses me off more than watching a movie with TV show advertisements at the bottom of the screen.

Andreus

Rep: 16.8

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:35 pm Post subject: Re: I TOTALLY HATE ALL SOCIAL NETWORKING MEDIA Reply with quote

Hell yeah.

Where's the button for the +100?

You know, I'm just a normal guy like everyone else. Why, my friends say, "Andreus you're just so cool because you're normal just like everyone else." Yep, normal that's me. - Fallout 2

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:38 am Post subject: Re: I TOTALLY HATE ALL SOCIAL NETWORKING MEDIA Reply with quote

What about the educational value? For example, you can get Tweets from Sarah Palin....  Laughing

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:56 am Post subject: Re: I TOTALLY HATE ALL SOCIAL NETWORKING MEDIA Reply with quote

It's all a bunch of hype.   I hate Tweeker and Facebook too.  Why does the media have such a lobotomy and feel the need to us every day what Palin twits.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:23 am Post subject: Re: I TOTALLY HATE ALL SOCIAL NETWORKING MEDIA Reply with quote

"Facebook" -Isn't that what you get when you fall asleep while laying down on your back, reading a boring book?  Wink

tbh, I can't understand the hype of social media, my kids and x-wife is on those every bloody day. And the 'Great-X' nags about me getting FB: "You must have it, people are asking for you..." There is no need for a 24/7 information feed, you don't have to put your entire life online and none have to get instant upgrade of peoples status!  Evil or Very Mad

Damn, I can't hardly use Messenger! (Forgets to turn it on most of the days, and if I remember it I might still sit and work by the 'dumb-can' with my Messenger status as 'not by the computer')

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:35 am Post subject: Re: I TOTALLY HATE ALL SOCIAL NETWORKING MEDIA Reply with quote

It's funny when I do look at FB.
I see people write stuff like.........

Going to store,
It was hot today,
Almost Friday,

Most my friends always add the cool songs from High School.
I add songs like....
The Candy Man
Dancing Queen
Night Fever

just to fuck with them.

vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:24 pm Post subject: Re: I TOTALLY HATE ALL SOCIAL NETWORKING MEDIA Reply with quote

It is probably the biggest waste of time that technology has produced, though I will say that it has allowed me to get back in contact with some long lost friends, and see videos of my newly arrived granddaughter, which is nice.

But I do not understand this fetish with fitting your life around it...

Andreus

Rep: 16.8

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:09 pm Post subject: Re: I TOTALLY HATE ALL SOCIAL NETWORKING MEDIA Reply with quote

Anyone with facefook willing to share this topic?  Wink

You know, I'm just a normal guy like everyone else. Why, my friends say, "Andreus you're just so cool because you're normal just like everyone else." Yep, normal that's me. - Fallout 2

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:14 pm Post subject: Re: I TOTALLY HATE ALL SOCIAL NETWORKING MEDIA Reply with quote

Social Media- today it took over 12 wipes to properly clean the anus.

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

kawasaky

Rep: 22.2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:01 pm Post subject: Re: I TOTALLY HATE ALL SOCIAL NETWORKING MEDIA Reply with quote

Completely useless bullshit. I opened a Fagbook account just to see whats the big deal. I usually drop in once every 2 weeks and then wonder WTF now. Then log out Razz

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:28 pm Post subject: Re: I TOTALLY HATE ALL SOCIAL NETWORKING MEDIA Reply with quote

My school has a myFace site... works for reuinions.

I seem to get a lot of "requests" at 2am where frieds seem to be playing Zygna games or saying how early they have to get up in the morning.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:30 pm Post subject: Re: I TOTALLY HATE ALL SOCIAL NETWORKING MEDIA Reply with quote

I don't use any of them.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

Tippi-Simo

Rep: 53.1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:12 am Post subject: Re: I TOTALLY HATE ALL SOCIAL NETWORKING MEDIA Reply with quote

I created an account to see profiles posted on various forums etc..
Now getting invitations from ex-friends years ago, which I don´t want to see or share my private life.

Only once my FB was useful: couple of weeks ago former Pantera singer Phil Anselmo had a real time cam chat (or what is that called) and I logged in with my FB and was able to make a question and he answered it Smile

"Du talar dalig svenska, men du är bra i sängen"

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:25 am Post subject: Re: I TOTALLY HATE ALL SOCIAL NETWORKING MEDIA Reply with quote

Tippi-Simo wrote (View Post):
I created an account to see profiles posted on various forums etc..
Now getting invitations from ex-friends years ago, which I don´t want to see or share my private life.

Can only agree! I moved and lost contact with all my old friends 14 years ago, why should I create a FB account to get in contact with them again?!? And old class-mates? I only laugh at the reunion-invitation I got a few years ago, then I tossed it away...  Cool

I have finally made myself invisible (no phones registered on me; -if you use the phone-search sites you find me registered by my old gf; -She moved out three years ago!) If you really wants to find me, you can find my address on one site and send a "snail-mail", and who does that nowadays?
So, sure, I'll get a FB account; -When Hell freezes over!  Wink

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

Ivan_Zaitzev

Rep: 56.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:27 pm Post subject: Re: I TOTALLY HATE ALL SOCIAL NETWORKING MEDIA Reply with quote

I have to say I pretty much love facebook.
It allows me to keep in contact with friends who have moved to Italy or Spain, or to other cities in my country.
It allows me to have a huge feedback on bands who will perform on the week, some times with only a couple of hours notice, some bands don´t have the money to make advertisements, and FB is free!
And not only bands, expositions, reunions, and other stuff like that.
And its really useful for remembering all my friends birthdays that I would never remember otherwise.
And there are the girls too, you can pretty much know everything you need to know about a future catch by viewing their FB profile.

The real Close Combat starts when you are out of ammo.
Have you hugged your AT Gun today?
My Youtube Channel
http://closecombat2.blogspot.com

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:37 pm Post subject: Re: I TOTALLY HATE ALL SOCIAL NETWORKING MEDIA Reply with quote

Yes but you need to know which friends or people to look at first before searching the girls.   You can't just do a general search so pretty much useless like my space.  The only thing I see use for is if you need to reconnect with old friends...but I already went to my high school reunion, etc.  

Plus keep in mind that these big companies along with advertisers and marketing firms are data mining your personal info etc.
They claim not to but they are full of it.  I believe they already got sued for privacy infringements but this is just the future of big business secretly tracking your personal info.

In fact some journalists have reported that youth (the typical heavy user of social media sites) will need to change their name eventually because so much of what they do online will be tracked and secretly monitored.  Some firms do this already while they screen candidates for job openings or what not.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Site Info

Jump to: