Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1222
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:20 am Post subject: Re: GAMERANGER.com @ 30th & 31st October 2010 Reply with quote

Why are we moving to GAMERANGER again?

Closing the community Hamachi network will just make it harder to find regular players.

Hamachi works fine for most of us and at least there is a communal network where we can find players and gather and chat before playing. there's nothing stopping people in the Hamachi network from using GR to connect it works better for them.

GR seems to have only a general chat room which is occupied by players of all the other games it hosts too very difficult to find CC players if you don't already know their nickname,.

Dundradal

Rep: 27.9
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:27 pm Post subject: Re: GAMERANGER.com @ 30th & 31st October 2010 Reply with quote

There is a thread listing people's screen names. I've already got 32 people in my list (just for CC) and last night it was pretty easy to find a game.

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message, Marathon Infinity

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:29 pm Post subject: Re: GAMERANGER.com @ 30th & 31st October 2010 Reply with quote

The only advantage Hamachi has was a private meeting place. Spend a few hours on GameRanger and you will notice there was already a number of CC gamers present there before this site made the switch.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Dundradal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:51 pm Post subject: Re: GAMERANGER.com @ 30th & 31st October 2010 Reply with quote

I can agree with the CC dedicated chat room though.

Have you ever thought of just creating a #CCS on one of the IRC networks? It's not necessary for playing H2H, but for players to meet up, talk CC, etc. Granted GR has a PM feature, but you do have to find the other players first. An IRC chat room gives a space people can just go and hang out in.

It's something to think about.

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."

Scott_Kevill

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:23 am Post subject: Re: GAMERANGER.com @ 30th & 31st October 2010 Reply with quote

Dundradal wrote (View Post):
mooxe wrote (View Post):
The gold account chat rooms do not work that well. if the host of the chatroom loses connection, the chatroom closes and evicts everyone. The chat room hoster also cannot play a game while the room is hosted. Use the Bar & Grill chat room instead.

However, the only thing that sucks with that is when B&G fills up like it is now. 175 people appear to be the max.

There's no maximum.

GameRanger - play your friends online

Dundradal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:13 pm Post subject: Re: GAMERANGER.com @ 30th & 31st October 2010 Reply with quote

Odd...it didn't let me join on that occasion, but since then has been fine.

Go."

Wastemoreland

Rep: 13.7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:18 pm Post subject: Re: GAMERANGER.com @ 30th & 31st October 2010 Reply with quote

I´ll bring beers!   Razz

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:00 pm Post subject: Re: GAMERANGER.com @ 30th & 31st October 2010 Reply with quote

jumping in whatever i cant play my prefered mod for CC5

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

JREwing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:44 pm Post subject: Re: GAMERANGER.com @ 30th & 31st October 2010 Reply with quote

NICE!

I have good hopes of great games in the future!  Cool

Any swedish clans to join?

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:56 pm Post subject: Re: GAMERANGER.com @ 30th & 31st October 2010 Reply with quote

Ok so not every game has two players, but this many games on a week night hosted is impressive for these times.

gr25oct.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  45.38 KB
 Viewed:  6398 Time(s)

gr25oct.png

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

RD-Skybouncer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:51 am Post subject: Re: GAMERANGER.com @ 30th & 31st October 2010 Reply with quote

Totally agree Mooxe. Great to see so many Players online again on one platform. It has never been so easy to find a game, especially in the MET Zone.

DAS FIND´ ICH GUT! :-)

I´m also on this WE looking for some fights.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: