Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Hoogley

Rep: 15.7
votes: 4

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:20 am Post subject: Operation: Monty's Gamble - Mod for LSA Reply with quote

Well, this is where it belongs, I guess.  

I'm going to tie it all in by linking back to the end of the original thread in TLD here.

So, to business...

Am I blind?  I can't seem to see the 4.2 inch mortar anywhere in the LSA weapon list.  Been over it a couple of times now.

Is there something I'm missing, or is this true?

"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum." - They Live

Hoogley

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:20 pm Post subject: Re: Operation: Monty's Gamble - Mod for LSA Reply with quote

Still slowly working through entering the data into a workbook.  Currently on AlsTeams, Soldiers (all the Allied soldier types), and Weapons.

Current working Soldiers list is this:

UK 2inMtr/LeeEnfield
UK 2inMtr/Sten
UK 3inMtr/Sten
UK 4.2inMtr/Sten
UK Ack Pack
UK Bren
UK EnfieldNo2
UK LeeEnfield
UK LeeEnfield(T)
UK PIAT
UK PIAT/Sten
UK Sten/EnfieldNo2
UK StenMk2
UK StenMk5
UKAB 2inMtr/Colt
UKAB 2inMtr/Sten
UKAB 3inMtr/LeeEnfield
UKAB 3inMtr/Sten
UKAB 4.2inMtr/Sten
UKAB Ack Pack/Colt
UKAB Bren
UKAB Bren/Colt
UKAB BrowningHP
UKAB Colt
UKAB LeeEnfield
UKAB LeeEnfield(T)
UKAB LeeEnfield(T)/Colt
UKAB Pattern1914MkII
UKAB PIAT/Colt
UKAB PIAT/Sten
UKAB StenMk5/BrowningHP
UKAB StenMk5/Colt
UKAB StenMk2
UKAB StenMk5
UKAB Vickers
UKAB Vickers/Colt
UKGP 2inMtr/Sten
UKGP Bren/Colt
UKGP LeeEnfield
UKGP PIAT/Sten
UKGP Sten/Colt
UKGP StenMk2
UKGP StenMk5
UKRE LeeEnfield/Exp
UKRE StenMk2/Exp
UKVC Colt
UKVC EnfieldNo2
UKVC StenMk2
USAB 50cal
USAB 50cal/Carbine
USAB 60mmMtr/Carbine
USAB 81mmMtr/Carbine
USAB BAR
USAB BAR/Colt
USAB Bazooka
USAB Bazooka/Carbine
USAB Carbine
USAB Carbine/Colt
USAB Flamethrower/Colt
USAB Garand
USAB GarandGrn
USAB GarandM1C
USAB GarandM1C/Colt
USAB GreaseGun
USAB GreaseGun/Colt
USAB M1919A4/Colt
USAB M1919A6/Carbine
USAB Thompson
USAB Thompson/Colt
USEng Carbine/Exp

Which may change a little as we work through it all.

Adding in three weapons for the allies:

4.2inch Mortar
Browning HP
Pattern 1914 Enfield Mk 2

Now, we know the HPs weren't taken up as standard loadout by the AB until after OMG, but I saw Sean Connery with one, so...

... I'm not sure of when Inglis started actually being able to supply these, but they are just such an awesome weapon that we had to put in at least a small number of them for high ranking COs.  I mean, come on... who doesn't want one of these babies in their squad?

Also, keeping with what I've found from research, the main squad suppression weapon will be the M1919A6.  However, as it seems clear some BAR managed to work their way into the squads somehow, we will have at least a couple/few BAR teams available.

"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all out of bubblegum." - They Live

Last edited by Hoogley on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hoogley

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:27 pm Post subject: Re: Operation: Monty's Gamble - Mod for LSA Reply with quote

Oh, whilst digging around, I discovered that the 60mm Mortar and 81mm Mortar have their valid target value set as 7 (All), whilst all the other mortars in the list are set at 4 (Ground).  

I'm assuming that 4-Ground is the correct entry, so you may all want to dig in there and change those around.  Not sure how much of a difference it makes, but... you never know.

Andreus

Rep: 16.8

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:48 pm Post subject: Re: Operation: Monty's Gamble - Mod for LSA Reply with quote

Great job Hoogley, you're our hope in making LSA's GC playable!

Is there any way to avoid XXX from crossing blown up bridges in the strat map?
I thought making one-way maps could work, but as long as the full map falls on allied hands once it explodes, they'll have the exit VL to keep moving forward...

You know, I'm just a normal guy like everyone else. Why, my friends say, "Andreus you're just so cool because you're normal just like everyone else." Yep, normal that's me. - Fallout 2

Ivan_Zaitzev

Rep: 56.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:10 pm Post subject: Re: Operation: Monty's Gamble - Mod for LSA Reply with quote

Good luck Hoogley, when LSA was released I wanted to create a mod for it. It was my view of MG, but then (and before me) a lot of people started to do the same thing so I stopped the project.

The real Close Combat starts when you are out of ammo.
Have you hugged your AT Gun today?
My Youtube Channel
http://closecombat2.blogspot.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Hoogley

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:54 pm Post subject: Re: Operation: Monty's Gamble - Mod for LSA Reply with quote

Andreus wrote:
I thought making one-way maps could work, but as long as the full map falls on allied hands once it explodes, they'll have the exit VL to keep moving forward...

Is that true?  I'm absolutely certain that, when I first played the GC, once a bridge was blow it cut off all the map connections on the opposite bank.  Unless the coding has gotten mucked up with one of the patches...

... has anybody else noticed this glitch?  Andreus, is it just in certain circumstances, or all the time?  I have to admit that, other than a quick tank battle to check the new pathing code (awesome! vehicle actually move with purpose now!  Without crashing into hedges!  Nice job S3T) I haven't had a lot of time to actually play the game.

Either way, Andreus, it's in the coding.  I'm not a coder, unfortunately; I'm just changing data and images.  Go to the Matrix forum or email the S3T guys and tell them the specifics about your experience with this bug.  I'm sure they'll want to patch it up.

EDIT - I may be a little slow on the uptake... Andreus, do you mean to say that you can't get the bridge mechanic to work on mod maps?  If not, it will be something to do with a combination of the map terrain coding and bridge coding.  You must have a "land bridge" somewhere, or the engine isn't recognising that the bridge is blown, somehow.  Not sure... haven't gotten up to that bit.  

Fortunately, I'll be using the stock maps for the most part, at least for the "Beta" version of the mod.  Making 64 maps will take some time to complete...

Hoogley

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:12 pm Post subject: Re: Operation: Monty's Gamble - Mod for LSA Reply with quote

Ivan_Zaitzev wrote:
Good luck Hoogley, when LSA was released I wanted to create a mod for it. It was my view of MG, but then (and before me) a lot of people started to do the same thing so I stopped the project.

Cheers Ivan.  But, just 'cause there are other people modding... doesn't mean you shouldn't.  Often, mods fall by the wayside.  Sad, but true.

Also, this mod is a bit of a gamble itself.  I am trying to re-create a campaign map that is closer to the original CC2.  It's not so much about balanced movement across the strategic map as it is about having battlemap placements that let you relive key encounters of OMG.  When it comes to actually playing the game, we may find that this idea doesn't work very well.  So, you know, each mod is different even if it has the same setting.

If you get an uncontrollable urge to mod, and need to express it, we can always use help.  Still have all of the German teams to work out, yet... lots of German teams...

Andreus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:28 am Post subject: Re: Operation: Monty's Gamble - Mod for LSA Reply with quote

Hoogley wrote (View Post):
Is that true?  I'm absolutely certain that, when I first played the GC, once a bridge was blow it cut off all the map connections on the opposite bank.  Unless the coding has gotten mucked up with one of the patches...

Well, I'm not totally sure about it, so don't really believe me, but last time I played, i think i could go past it (or around, using other maps). Anyway, schreken should know how it works for sure...

You know, I'm just a normal guy like everyone else. Why, my friends say, "Andreus you're just so cool because you're normal just like everyone else." Yep, normal that's me. - Fallout 2

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:07 pm Post subject: Re: Operation: Monty's Gamble - Mod for LSA Reply with quote

"I know nothing"

very little has been explained so can't be tested to see if it works as designed.

To a large degree we're now working on the stumble upon principle.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Hoogley

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:55 pm Post subject: Re: Operation: Monty's Gamble - Mod for LSA Reply with quote

Hey schreck', does the "dartboard of Matrix" moniker ever get tiresome?  ;)

I'm 98% positive I tested the blown bridge passage thing when I first played the game, and it wouldn't let me pass.  Unless coding has been accidentally altered in a patch, or there's particular bridges that it happens with - but that second one would be odd, as I would think this attribute was coded into the exe.

Like I said, the only thing I can think of is that, if the "freedom of passage" thing is about tracing passable terrain to map connections, then it may be in the map terrain coding.  In other words, if S3T have inadvertently made a permanent connection between both banks when cleaning up the terrain coding that doesn't disconnect when the bridge element state changes to "blown", then the engine wouldn't register a terrain obstacle, so it would still let you pass.

The original state of things at release definitely disconnected the opposite bank on all the bridges that got blown up during my initial campaign.

thumb

Rep: 5.9

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:45 pm Post subject: Re: Operation: Monty's Gamble - Mod for LSA Reply with quote

Hoogley wrote (View Post):
The original state of things at release definitely disconnected the opposite bank on all the bridges that got blown up during my initial campaign.

Not so, and since fixed, but am still stumbling across various and sundry other surprise 'features'.

buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:53 am Post subject: Re: Operation: Monty's Gamble - Mod for LSA Reply with quote

Hoogley is this mod dead ?

Priapus

Rep: 18.6

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:16 am Post subject: Re: Operation: Monty's Gamble - Mod for LSA Reply with quote

buuface wrote (View Post):
Hoogley is this mod dead ?

I sure hope not. I'm waiting for it's release before I'll pick up LSA again.

stiener

Rep: 46.4

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:06 am Post subject: Re: Operation: Monty's Gamble - Mod for LSA Reply with quote

any one know for sure??

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Pzt_Kami

Rep: 44.2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:46 am Post subject: Re: Operation: Monty's Gamble - Mod for LSA Reply with quote

@Hoogley
Thanks for this mod Smile Can you please add G43 (Also G41) for Germans as well???

Women are like flowers, I appreciate their beauty and fragrance without picking them off the branch, then I continue on to the next flower

Hoogley

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:40 am Post subject: Re: Operation: Monty's Gamble - Mod for LSA Reply with quote

Not a lot has happened in the last 3 months.  Work has consumed a lot of time and energy.  Things seem to have settled down this month - thank christ - and I actually have time to think now, so I should hopefully get back into it soon.  The German units list is the big hurdle at the moment.  I might have to steer around that one for the time being.

Andreus

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:02 pm Post subject: Re: Operation: Monty's Gamble - Mod for LSA Reply with quote

So Hoogley, any new on this?

buuface

Rep: 56.4

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:04 am Post subject: Re: Operation: Monty's Gamble - Mod for LSA Reply with quote

We're all counting on you Hoogley !  To make LSA worth playing !

Slyguy3129

Rep: 12.3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:05 pm Post subject: Re: Operation: Monty's Gamble - Mod for LSA Reply with quote

Andreus wrote (View Post):
Great job Hoogley, you're our hope in making LSA's GC playable!

I'm a bit confused. How is the current GC unplayable? I'm not having any troubles playing it verses the Human, or the AI?

If you are unable to play the GC there is something wrong on your end.

"Why So Serious?!"

Andreus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:04 pm Post subject: Re: Operation: Monty's Gamble - Mod for LSA Reply with quote

Bringing this back from the grave, I guess Hoogley's gone as well as the mod? Sad...

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem

Jump to: