Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1213
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
Andreus

Rep: 16.8

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:52 pm Post subject: Re: 9/11 Nine Years Later Reply with quote

Better life from our point of view.
Did we asked them if they wanted that? It's just like when missionaires went to the newly discovered America to spread the word...
Playing God and deciding what is better or not should be reserved to God itself, if it exists...

You know, I'm just a normal guy like everyone else. Why, my friends say, "Andreus you're just so cool because you're normal just like everyone else." Yep, normal that's me. - Fallout 2

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:58 pm Post subject: Re: 9/11 Nine Years Later Reply with quote

Poor body count?...is the children in Afghanistan / Iraq responsible for the 9/11 attack!!??  Shocked

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:15 pm Post subject: Re: 9/11 Nine Years Later Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
As for Sapa's poor body count I can't have any remorse for so called innocent people who died when these are the same people who won't stand up to Terrorists or the government who either supports it,or just can't grasp the idea of making life better for their own people.

How is it different from the rest of the world? People can't stand up to their government even when it's in countries where risk of having any serious trouble for doing that is minimal.
Also, let's not forget that the mess that is Iraq is a result of removing their government. Maybe they had a very good reason  to not be interested in toppling Saddam?

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:18 pm Post subject: Re: 9/11 Nine Years Later Reply with quote

It's a multinational forum, so I really do understand. Most people don't realize that setting stuff on fire down and the courthouse is part of your 1st ammendment right to free speech here in the good ole USA. The Supreme Court has ruled on this many times down through the centuries.

So if Mexicans light up a few flags, they are just expressing themselves. (i.e. ITS NOT A CRIME). By the same token, if someone wants to light up the Koran, or the Bible, or an autographed picture of Lady Gaga, its OK. Have fun with it.

War is ineveitable, so the trick is, (and I am sure everyone will agree), is to be sure the war is fought somewhere else. While no one wants innocent people to suffer, there are plenty on non-innocents around to take the credit. The civil wars in Iraq are in themselves a case in point. Had they all just burnt the Koran down at the courthouse instead of burning each other, the outcome would have been a whole lot cleaner. But, they just couldn't find it in themselves to do that, could they.

Andreus

Rep: 16.8

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:29 pm Post subject: Re: 9/11 Nine Years Later Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
So if Mexicans light up a few flags, they are just expressing themselves. (i.e. ITS NOT A CRIME). By the same token, if someone wants to light up the Koran, or the Bible, or an autographed picture of Lady Gaga, its OK. Have fun with it.

LOL
Can't stop laughing dude, great point!

You know, I'm just a normal guy like everyone else. Why, my friends say, "Andreus you're just so cool because you're normal just like everyone else." Yep, normal that's me. - Fallout 2

Stwa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:55 pm Post subject: Re: 9/11 Nine Years Later Reply with quote

Oh, I almost forgot ... I am still hoping folks will try to put that list together of the reasons the USA has gone to war in Iraq (twice) and Afghanastan.

You don't need to list the obvious reasons, that are force fed to the public. Wars are generally started for much simpler reasons, and my guess is these wars are no exception.

Remember the Trojan War, or the Spanish Armada, or any of the Wars of Reformation. Or anytime Serbia mentions a consolidated new country in the Balkans, or how about the War of Spanish Succession, that was a doozy, eh?

GW Bush was from Texas. I too am a native Texan, even though I live in Arizona now. Being a southern State, many Texans, like many Southerners, try their best to identify with the old 19th century mindset. Many still have the outrageous accents, they handle firearms on a daily basis, and if you THREATEN THEIR FAMILY, then you are asking for it. You see, its really pretty simple.

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:05 pm Post subject: Re: 9/11 Nine Years Later Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
War is ineveitable, so the trick is, (and I am sure everyone will agree), is to be sure the war is fought somewhere else. While no one wants innocent people to suffer, there are plenty on non-innocents around to take the credit. The civil wars in Iraq are in themselves a case in point. Had they all just burnt the Koran down at the courthouse instead of burning each other, the outcome would have been a whole lot cleaner. But, they just couldn't find it in themselves to do that, could they.

They wouldn't kill each other if USA wouldn't remove the government that was stopping them from doing that.
Anyway, I'd love to see all that people who make that kind of decisions - decisions that innocents have to be sacrificed, lead by example and kill themselves. If they decide that their life is an acceptable price for the cause, I can accept their decision.

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

CC_CO

Rep: 32.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:37 pm Post subject: Re: 9/11 Nine Years Later Reply with quote

Yes it is very disturbing indeed.

Also, the fact that so many people afterwise have had to pay with their lives; NY, iraq, afghanistan, pakistan...soldiers, rebells and civilians. Perhaps more than one million lives has been lost after 911, as a direct consequence of that sad event. Just sad and stupidity of humanity.

Personally I dont beliefe the official story, -that being anti-american or not to others, dont want to sound anti-american, but there it is, just dont belive the story. Simply too many things in it that dosent make any sense at all.

I have seen a video on youtube where the firefighters from NY -are building a case in order to get some of the closed files opened...trying to use the freedom of information-act -or something like that?

911 and the wars created after it - is just sad and stupid.

Oh, I also hope that the workers who cleaned up ground zero, are treated with the best mediccare as possible. Looks like some of them was not helped that much at all. In my opinion these people deserve help the rest of their lives.

Sapa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:52 am Post subject: Re: 9/11 Nine Years Later Reply with quote

30 Norwegians is blowing up the Swedish parlament with 3000 people , the leader Trond from Narvik (Norway), has the command post in Åbo, Finland. The Swedes, supported by Nato and EU is bombing the hell out of Finland for 9 Years, but Trond is still hiding in the deep forrest.

The Swedish army (whats left of it) invades Denmark because the father of the leader of Sweden didnt want to finnish the war when Denmark invades (Skåne) a part of Sweden, 10 years earlier, because of the huge stocks of beer, but never found any....

Haaalleeeluljaaa!

Mats

Sapa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:15 am Post subject: Re: 9/11 Nine Years Later Reply with quote

and at home the Swedes has problems with their new leader because he wants the people of his country to have healthcare payed buy the goverment...

I think he is a communist....

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:20 pm Post subject: Re: 9/11 Nine Years Later Reply with quote

US_Brake wrote (View Post):
Iraq was not responsible for 9/11, but the invasion of Iraq in 2003 could not have happened without 9/11.

If 9/11 would not have happened, Bush would not have had public support to Invade Iraq. Bush fueled Americans' fear and anger then created a false crisis "WMD" along with all the other lies, to justify his invasion.

Yes precisely.  Bush/Cheney and their cronies were peddling a pack of lies to justify the invasion.  ClusterFux "News" 24/7 tried to link Iraqi intelligence for planning 9/11 and a host of other propaganda.  Then after they got exposed for the WMD issue and the uranium powder from Niger being a hoax as well...they spun it around to being a war against terror instead.

I can't believe people actually believed the Sh*t they were peddling.

It's about hearts and minds, and propaganda.  Even the threat of burning Korans made international news and was a recruitment bonanza for fundamentalists.  There is a pool of 1 billion Muslims.  The West can not and should not get baited into a war of religion because that's what the fundamentalists want.  They still use the Crusades as an anti-Western talking point to help drive recruitment.  So it's asinine to assume burning the Koran will somehow extract revenge for Muslims building a Mosque near Ground Zero or for 9/11 itself.  The people that attacked us were civilian militants...not a sovereign nation, not even an official religious sect.  The hijackers were not welcome in their own country.

The righties are hell-bent on exploiting the anti-Muslim and xenophobist sheep out there to score political points.  Even Newt whom complained about Bill Clinton getting a bj from Lewinski...while he himself was cheating on his wife...said that Democrats are as dangerous to America as terrorists.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:58 pm Post subject: Re: 9/11 Nine Years Later Reply with quote

Yet another post, that goes the mile to point out all the BS the Bush Aministration was spewing for justifying the wars to the American people.

I want posters like this to step up to plate and enumerate the real reasons we went to war. Since, most people, seem to have a keen sense of the BS and the propaganda and can point out why we did not go to war. (i.e. WMD's).

Please, enlighten us, WHY DID the US go to war with Iraq (twice) and Afghanastan?

Surely, there is some underlying reason?

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:11 pm Post subject: Re: 9/11 Nine Years Later Reply with quote

Oil....................

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

Stwa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:29 pm Post subject: Re: 9/11 Nine Years Later Reply with quote

Well, I am no expert, but I am glad we have at least one reason on the table ... OIL ... hmm ...

OIL, I think, might explain the first Gulf War, but I am not sure if it explains the second Gulf War, or the war in Afghanistan. But I could be wrong.

I know shortly after the conclusion of the first Gulf War, gasoline at the pump in my town, was less than a buck a gallon. Milk cost more than gasoline then, but milk costs more than gasoline now.

Shortly after the first Gulf War, SUV production and sales just boomed across America. Its not like anyone really needs a 4 ton vehicle to pick up groceries, or drop their kids at a soccer game. Besides SUV sales continue, even now, with Mercedes and BMW, joining the fray.

If OIL, is a reason, it sounds like a good reason to me. But I still think, it is a complicated reason, and I feel that people here can scratch their heads, and arrive at much simpler, and easier to understand reasons for these wars.

kawasaky

Rep: 22.2
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:18 pm Post subject: Re: 9/11 Nine Years Later Reply with quote

Quote:
In 1998, Dick Cheney, now US vice-president but then chief executive of a major oil services company, remarked: "I cannot think of a time when we have had a region emerge as suddenly to become as strategically significant as the Caspian." But the oil and gas there is worthless until it is moved. The only route which makes both political and economic sense is through Afghanistan.

http://whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/oil.html

Stwa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:19 pm Post subject: Re: 9/11 Nine Years Later Reply with quote

Hmm ... another voice for OIL ... good article too ... very interesting.

Its always an amazement to me that people are genuinely astonished that they have "discovered" a link between Texas politicians and the OIL business. YouTube is littered, and I mean littered to the max, with such discoveries. As it stands now there are probably more maps of the future Middle East as their are of future Arizona.

It is all very interesting, and there are more pipeline projects than you can count on both hands. The Russians, Chinese, Indians, Iranians, Turks, Georgians, Pakistans, and Khazistans; my Gosh, what a complicated morass, of plot, theater, and characters.

Its only a guess, but I will bet a paycheck, GW Bush did not pay attention during most of those meetings with the Pentagon and the Cabinet. GW doesn't have the attention span for all this planning, despite how fun it must be for everyone.

Furthermore, describing the evolving geo-politcal landscape as it releates to the earths natural resources (over the past 3 decades), does not in itself answer why these wars were started in the first place. After all Clinton did not start anything, did he, nor did Reagan.

Treeburst

Rep: 20.8

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:37 am Post subject: Re: 9/11 Nine Years Later Reply with quote

Nine years later the truth is still there in front of everyone who wants to look. The US is not ultimately governed by people and parties interested in the US people, but by a select group of generationally rich who owe allegience to no country, only see the world as a pool of resources for their exploitation, and 'ordinary' people as stupid slaves, who sweat and toil to keep them rich. It isn't 'Right' or 'Left', 'Republican' vs 'Democrat' etc., it's the Elites and the slaves.

9/11 was a set-up, orchestrated to further the interests of the nameless faces behind Wall Street, the Bank of England and a handful of people who would become even more mega-rich by starting a war that could never end - the 'War on Terror'. How ridiculous. You might as well declare a 'War on Deception'. 'Terrorism' is a word first coined by Hitler to justify the militarism that resulted in WWII, and was used after the burning of the Reichstag - a 'false flag' attack blamed on a jewish 'terrorist'.

How sad that most people have swallowed the lies hook, line and sinker. The world is now entering the worst depression, and soon, the worst and longest World War in history, which will result in the greatest transfer of wealth from the world's people to the richest 0.1%. Just like what happened in WWI.

Just to a short study on the history of the families who are becoming richer by the second as a result of both the 'War on Terror' and the 'Greatest Depression'. Think about families such as the Clintons, Bushes, Harrimans, Soros', Morgans etc. etc. etc.

Wars are all about fights over who owns and gets to profit from resources and people's labor. They are very rarely honorable, and always hideously costly to ordinary folks who pay with their blood and labor. The most recent 'honorable war' was WWII, and only from the Allies point of view. It is obvious that Hitler and Tojo et al needed to be stopped. But follow the money and you come back to the same families who funded, and profited from it!

If you believe that a bunch of muslim fanatics who had very rudimentary flight training were able to hijack 3 airliners and fly them into three of the most important buildings in the US, which involved some of the most demanding flying skills, without being intercepted by the (normally) most vigilant and technologically advanced military in the world, when they had been known to be off their designated flight paths for an hour with no communication, especially when the attack was anticipated years in advance and a response plan developed for, you are more gullible than you ought to be.

I am so sad that 3000 people died in 9/11, I am just as sad at the over 1 million people who have died in Iraq and Afghanistan since, and the hundreds of thousands of ruined young lives of military people from the (so called) 'Coallition of the Willing' as a result.

But I reserve the right and responsibility to think clearly and soberly about the reasons behind it and the results from it.

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:39 pm Post subject: Re: 9/11 Nine Years Later Reply with quote

Treeburst wrote (View Post):
Nine years later the truth is still there in front of everyone who wants to look. The US is not ultimately governed by people and parties interested in the US people, but by a select group of generationally rich who owe allegience to no country, only see the world as a pool of resources for their exploitation, and 'ordinary' people as stupid slaves, who sweat and toil to keep them rich. It isn't 'Right' or 'Left', 'Republican' vs 'Democrat' etc., it's the Elites and the slaves.

9/11 was a set-up, orchestrated to further the interests of the nameless faces behind Wall Street, the Bank of England and a handful of people who would become even more mega-rich by starting a war that could never end - the 'War on Terror'. How ridiculous. You might as well declare a 'War on Deception'. 'Terrorism' is a word first coined by Hitler to justify the militarism that resulted in WWII, and was used after the burning of the Reichstag - a 'false flag' attack blamed on a jewish 'terrorist'.

How sad that most people have swallowed the lies hook, line and sinker. The world is now entering the worst depression, and soon, the worst and longest World War in history, which will result in the greatest transfer of wealth from the world's people to the richest 0.1%. Just like what happened in WWI.

Just to a short study on the history of the families who are becoming richer by the second as a result of both the 'War on Terror' and the 'Greatest Depression'. Think about families such as the Clintons, Bushes, Harrimans, Soros', Morgans etc. etc. etc.

Wars are all about fights over who owns and gets to profit from resources and people's labor. They are very rarely honorable, and always hideously costly to ordinary folks who pay with their blood and labor. The most recent 'honorable war' was WWII, and only from the Allies point of view. It is obvious that Hitler and Tojo et al needed to be stopped. But follow the money and you come back to the same families who funded, and profited from it!

If you believe that a bunch of muslim fanatics who had very rudimentary flight training were able to hijack 3 airliners and fly them into three of the most important buildings in the US, which involved some of the most demanding flying skills, without being intercepted by the (normally) most vigilant and technologically advanced military in the world, when they had been known to be off their designated flight paths for an hour with no communication, especially when the attack was anticipated years in advance and a response plan developed for, you are more gullible than you ought to be.

I am so sad that 3000 people died in 9/11, I am just as sad at the over 1 million people who have died in Iraq and Afghanistan since, and the hundreds of thousands of ruined young lives of military people from the (so called) 'Coallition of the Willing' as a result.

But I reserve the right and responsibility to think clearly and soberly about the reasons behind it and the results from it.

Yep, we have left the age of democracy and are transiting to Feudal corpocracy

"I hereby declare, on oath,

that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, national state, or sovereignty of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen;

that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of Coca cola against all enemies, foreign, domestic and corporate; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;

that I will bear arms on behalf of the CocaCola when required by the my superiors;

that I will perform full combatant service in the Armed Forces of the corporation when required;

that I will perform work of corporate importance under mid level management direction when required; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me C.E.O."

vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:51 am Post subject: Re: 9/11 Nine Years Later Reply with quote

There's no money for the sick,
there's no money for the old.
There's no money for the unemployed, at least that what we're told.
But there's money enough for rich men to play their money games,
and there's money enough for distant wars, with very distant names

Money God we worship you again...

Maybe a tad poetic, but it illustrates a truth.

How is it that Banks have crashed (playing with your money), and bailed out (with yet more of your money).  Nations say they are short of money, so where is all this money coming from that the IMF have to bail out Nations? Billions and billions and billions of it readily available to lend at extortionate rates of interest, payed for by your taxes while Services and Welfare have to be cut.  How did they get all this money?  No shortage of trillions to pay for wars and military machines.  Now you (in the USA) can be detained indefinately without evidence, without legal representation or recourse to the law, because they 'think' you might be a terrorist, and it's not much better in the UK.   Mmmm...

Why invade Iraq?  Simple.  Power.  Power to improve global well being?

What they do not want is an educated, enlightened, and free thinking population who are prepared to think and question, as the scam they are perpetrating would collapse like a house of cards.  Ignore it at your peril.  There is plenty of intelligence available to those that seek, but they are very good at the business of propoganda and misdirection.

There are evil people who are prepared to sacrifice the lives of anyone in their 'cause', but do you for a moment believe that you, or your Nation's integrity, security, or sovereignty are in any way threatened by these people?  if you do, then you have fallen for the lie, and will hand over your liberty on the back of it.  The crime of the century is being played out before your eyes, but you have to look away from your TV, iPod, Or whatever distraction that fills up your waking hours in order to have a chance to see it.

No bloody revolution is needed.  All you have to do is reject the lies.  You cannot overturn them overnight, but their agenda is based on passive acquiescence.  All you have to do is ignore it and buy into the propganda, and they will continue to get thier way.

Is it all doom and gloom?  No, I do not think so.  There are too many of us with intelligence, and more and more all the time.  Could they ultimately win?  Again, I do not think so, though it could be a very painful priocess.  They do not care about your pain, only their gain.  It is as old as time, only the instruments of power have changed, but they are not stupid, but very very subtle.

As to war?  It's the biggest money making exploit known to man, and that is all they are interested in.  Selling arms to both sides proves that it is not about right and wrong.  Just power.  Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.  It's a defect of Homo Sapiens.  That's all.

CC_CO

Rep: 32.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:48 pm Post subject: Re: 9/11 Nine Years Later Reply with quote

Veterans Today
Tuesday, March 13th, 2012
9/11: The Official Account of the Pentagon Attack is a Fantasy

An article that is worth reading. Videos are worth watching.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2012/03/13/911-the-official-account-of-the-pentagon-attack-is-a-fantasy/

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: