Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Author

Rep: 60.6

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:51 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

cc5  Twisted Evil
untill now it's also the last one...  Laughing

We are the pilgrims, master. We shall go
 always a little further, it may be
beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
 across that angry or that glimmering sea.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:19 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Panzer battles.

i could play it on my CGA equipped XT Acer.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Zturm

Rep: 1.7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:52 am Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Advance wars for the GBA!!!

yukongold

Rep: 7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:15 am Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Schrecken, that is a great pic.

Those old 5 1/4 floppies sure bring back memories. Early machines like the Commodore 64s and XTs have become quite valuable in recent years......lots of nostalgia collectors out there now. Might be worth hanging on to those old machines ( and software too) if you still have them tucked away.

Thanks to everyone else that took the time to post their old box art......great stuff.

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:56 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

speedtalker wrote (View Post):
First ever wargame was the Apache sim "Gunship" on C64 and later on PC. More of a flightsim than a proper wargame, really.

It was my first flight sim too Very Happy . Anyway, I bought a sealed boxed copy of it several weeks ago Very Happy . I'm spending hours playing it Very Happy . I just finished training and now I got badly beaten up by NVA ground defenses in my first mission XD .

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

AvMvP

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:37 am Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Panzer General by SSI

Infidel

Rep: 25.4

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:28 am Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

My first war game was probably Cannon Fodder 1+2, on my first computer which was a great little Amiga.

War's never been so much fun.

Tippi-Simo

Rep: 53.1
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:18 am Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Infidel wrote (View Post):
My first war game was probably Cannon Fodder 1+2, on my first computer which was a great little Amiga.

War's never been so much fun.

Same here. I loved CF. It was great.
Sometimes I brought it to school because we had 2 Amiga 500s in our classroom.

"Du talar dalig svenska, men du är bra i sängen"

emifisa

Rep: 7.6

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:24 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

I not remember if Age Of Empire 2 or Close Combat 4  maybe CC4

vonB

Rep: 32.6

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:53 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

It was a long jump sand pit at school at the age of about 9.

A bunch of us would take our plastic models and soldiers to the sand pit (when it wasn't being used for long jumping...!), put the soldiers and stuff in the sand pit, make whatever gun and explosion type noises we could come up with, and throw marbles at the miniatures.

But.... the first 'serious' wargaming was done around a couple of years later.  Throwing stuff at models in the sand pit had a nasty habit of breaking them, and once you got into spending hours lovingly crafting and painting your prized models, you became a bit reluctant to trash them.  Then I came across a book which had rules for fighting table top wargames with miniature models.  Armed with ruler and dice, we set about recreating battles.  This must have been around the age of 11.

I continued with table top wargaming for about another 10 years (with the occasional dabble with some of the Avalon Hill Hex based Card/Paper games), and then stopped 'wargaming' almost completely for another 25 years or so, when I came across the Battleground Series by Talonsoft for the PC, and started to become hooked again.

And then came along the Demo of CCII on the cover disk of PC Gamer.  That was it.  Hooked!  Although I do have the occasional (very occasional)venture into something else, CC is still the only wargame I play.  Remarkable really.  I have yet to find anything else as compelling...

Andreus

Rep: 16.8

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:05 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

CC2 in an old Mac demo.

But then I discovered Steel Panthers: World at War...

You know, I'm just a normal guy like everyone else. Why, my friends say, "Andreus you're just so cool because you're normal just like everyone else." Yep, normal that's me. - Fallout 2

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:34 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

CC2, in 1998.

kawasaky

Rep: 22.2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:15 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

I got me a few good strategy games back in 1987, but Tobruk 1942 stood out amongst them.
Check it out:
http://www.lemon64.com/?mainurl=http%3A//www.lemon64.com/games//details.php%3FID%3D3457

Cannoneer

Rep: 47.9

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:00 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Back in the 70's I got started with the old AH board games - primarily Operation Cobra and D-Day.  I had quite a few but couldn't find anyone to play.  One - I don't remember the exact name - but was modeled after Operation Barbarossa was 4ft x 10ft with over 1,000 counters on the 6 maps.  Would have taken weeks to play!!  My first computer game was SSI's Tigers in the Snow then Silent Service.  Played on an Apple 2E/2C.

Like many others the Close Combat series has been my true love since getting the first one.  I want to thank all of the developers for their MODs - has kept the game alive and well.

13B - Cannoneer
Long live the M109A1!

Spud007

Rep: 58.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:13 am Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Squad leader board game wow back in 80s...

Then one day i decided to look for a computer version of it and found CC2. The rest is history  Cool

Wastemoreland

Rep: 13.7

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:46 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Beat the crap out of an older boy with my wooden sword that was giving me a hard time.

I was Saint George that day!   Twisted Evil

verba

Rep: 16.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:51 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

mine was CC 2 Demo on a cd of AeO I Rise of rome,

I was 10 years then and had " an instant hook" with the game. I remember CPU were measured in MHz , ooh the days...

Wastemoreland

Rep: 13.7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:45 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

To be more serious.

First wargame was Choplifter for Sega Master. I completed it several times.

OnTheRopes

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:38 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Kingmaker from 1974 was possibly my first, the wars of the roses, I loved the game but very few would play because it was complicated
and took days to complete. Ive just seen this one on ebay for £50 :O

Though its no longer made I read on wikipedia there was a pc version may still be available for download.
Also played Risk until some mard arsed mate threw all the bits over the room in a strop, happened regularly lol
Edit just found a free (I think) download of this gam, not had time to try it though

dj

Rep: 157.1
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:45 pm Post subject: Re: What was your first wargame? Reply with quote

Dungeons and Dragons count?  The old school rules going back to the early 80's when TSR was still around.  Not a traditional wargame, but you learn a lot about strategy and how to survive against impossible odds.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Jump to: