Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1180
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
10-3SquadLeader

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:26 am Post subject: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Matrix? Reply with quote

Is it possible to install Stalingrad mod for CC5 Invasion Normandy on a installation of "The Longest Day Close Combat" by Matrix?
My old CC5 Invasion Normandy is not playing under winXP platform. I tried in vain to run using older compatibility modes.

Regards
Panagiotis

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:13 am Post subject: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Reply with quote

Nope.  It needs to be modifified to run under WaR or tLD

Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:18 pm Post subject: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Reply with quote

Not sure why your having problems running it on Windows XP, I have CC5 on two machines running XP Home and XP Pro, and both run without problem.

Sfox28

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:50 am Post subject: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Reply with quote

I have the same problem...the original CC5 I had does not run well on my machine.  I was hoping I could use the CC5 original game that comes with TLD to install this mod as I really like the Stalingrad theater.  So there is no way to run this mod using the CC5 original from TLD? Cool

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:43 am Post subject: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Reply with quote

Nope..."Original CC5" is basically a TLD mod...not the the old CC5 game.

Sfox28

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:30 am Post subject: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Reply with quote

"Dam" I wish there was a way to get around a bad original CC5...because there is no way that it runs decent on my machine!  Nothing else will work for the Stalingrad or Scheldt mods except the original CC5?  Am I correct in assuming that?

Mahalo, for any help gang. Cool

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:24 am Post subject: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Reply with quote

Have you tried Bernd's CC Starter Utility?
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=4054

I have no probs running CC5 on WinXP and Win7 machines...mid-high-end gaming machines too.

Andreus

Rep: 16.8

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:16 am Post subject: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Reply with quote

Same for me, it works perfect, no DirectDraw bug... There's that CPU killer utility too, for fast computers, to allow the normal scroll inside the game I think, but never used it.

You know, I'm just a normal guy like everyone else. Why, my friends say, "Andreus you're just so cool because you're normal just like everyone else." Yep, normal that's me. - Fallout 2

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:53 am Post subject: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Reply with quote

Andreus wrote (View Post):
Same for me, it works perfect, no DirectDraw bug... There's that CPU killer utility too, for fast computers, to allow the normal scroll inside the game I think, but never used it.

Actually...you don't even need the CC Starter Util if you're running Win7.
The CPU Killer utility does not work if you have a fast gaming graphics card.

vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:00 pm Post subject: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Reply with quote

Have got them all to run on Win7, though I haven't tried CCI yet.

However, using Virtual Machines, can get all of them to work very well.  If you don't want to fork out for VMWare (bloody excellent), or don't have or can't use the MS VM avaible for Win7, then the free Sun Virtual Box also works well, particularly well for XP and up, but the performance of pre-XP versions of Windows in Virtual Box can be a bit cludgy, but they do work.  Because of CC's humble resource demands, they work in Virtual Machines very well...

Manoi

Rep: 89.5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:32 pm Post subject: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Reply with quote

10-3SquadLeader wrote (View Post):
Is it possible to install Stalingrad mod for CC5 Invasion Normandy on a installation of "The Longest Day Close Combat" by Matrix?
My old CC5 Invasion Normandy is not playing under winXP platform. I tried in vain to run using older compatibility modes.

Regards
Panagiotis

Don't loose the faith!  Wink

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:24 pm Post subject: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Reply with quote

Smile

Priapus

Rep: 18.6
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:30 am Post subject: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Reply with quote

!!

karlmortar

Rep: 16.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:31 pm Post subject: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Reply with quote

Quote:
Actually...you don't even need the CC Starter Util if you're running Win7.

I had to, otherwise the game froze in a blackscreen when launched on my Win 7 64-bit Pro. Couldn't do anything but poweroff the PC. Although with the CC starter I still get DirectDraw error. Any tips?

"CC for ever"

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:01 am Post subject: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Reply with quote

Manoi wrote (View Post):

Don't loose the faith!  Wink

Shocked

Razz

Manoi

Rep: 89.5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:33 am Post subject: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Reply with quote

salhexe

Rep: 70.1
votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:39 am Post subject: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Reply with quote

Cool

Dundradal

Rep: 27.9
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:29 pm Post subject: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Reply with quote

Nice!

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message, Marathon Infinity

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:50 pm Post subject: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Reply with quote

Awesome.

Priapus

Rep: 18.6

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:47 pm Post subject: Re: Stalingrad mod using The Longest Day Close Combat by Mat Reply with quote

mmm, this might intice me back onto gameranger. Looking forward to this guys.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad

Jump to: