Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Eeero

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:28 pm Post subject: CC5 mods wont install with config manager Reply with quote

Hello !

We`ve been eager to play CC5 karelia mods with my friend for awhile now. Today i tried more than 5 hours to get these mods working. Tried also other mods, but same problem.

Now, we played Winter war and it worked perfectly with my old computer, and with my REAL copy of CC. Now i`ve lost the authentic cd and i had to dl it from internet.

So i Downloaded the game and i think this is the problem : When installing it suggest the normal installation folder C:\mattel interactive\close combat and not c:\program files\SSI\close combat invasion normandy. So i had to change it. And have done it now for like 5 times back and forth.

Then i get the 5.01 version and it installs and works perfectly. The problem comes when trying to install mods with CfGV13. It says all the time "Failed to copy system\packages\Tali ihantala v1\CC5.exe to C:\program files\SSI\close combat invasion normandy\CC5.exe (ERROR CODE=5)

So i have REALLY tried it all and followed the instructions, i even copied all the mod files to EVERY folder in the CC5 directory and the result was the mod was "working" but there still was the old game under and everything was quite silly to be exact.

This problem occurs in every mod i try with cc5. My Longest day version is working perfectly with bloody omaha thou.

Thanks alot for any given advice !!!!

might

Rep: 3.7

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:57 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 mods wont install with config manager Reply with quote

are you running config manager as administrator?

Iron45

Rep: 13.2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:46 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 mods wont install with config manager Reply with quote

It sounds as though the whole thing is corrupted.  
I hope I'm not telling you what you already know but I've been here any number of times.

The config manager produces a folder for each mod in the packages folder Cfg13\System\Packages\Karelia in this case.  These are then swapped into the appropriate folders in the c:\program files\SSI\Close Combat Invasion Normandy.  If cfg13 is interrupted half way through the files become mixed.  I suggest you uninstall both cfg13 and the game, then reinstall the game into the SSI folder, a full install is needed I believe.  Update with the 5.01 patch.  Reinstall cfg13,  put the mod into the Plugins folder in Cfg13.  Fire up Cfg13 and it will take a while to create the Packages folder for the karelia mod.  Its important that you don't put the plugin in the Plugins folder whilst Cfg13 is running or it can't produce the packages folder.  Test to see if the game works, unzip the mod maps intoo the maps folder then install the mod through cfg13 and all should be ok.

Sonari87

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:48 pm Post subject: Re: CC5 mods wont install with config manager Reply with quote

Run cfg with administration  setup. Right click on the exe and change administration.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: