Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1212
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
JaguarWolf

Rep: 8.1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:22 am Post subject: Strat Map for Battle of Berlin Reply with quote

When I load the historical campaign in the scenario editor and click on the dates to get a feel for what divisions/groups will be arriving at specific dates, the part that confuses me is that the map seems to oriented incorrectly.

For example, in history, the Soviets are attacking from the east, but the strat map has them attacking from the south?  Everything seems to be weird.  

Anyone else get this?  How to correct this problem? It gets confusing easily.

thanks!

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:07 am Post subject: Re: Strat Map for Battle of Berlin Reply with quote

Konev arrived from the South Wink

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:38 pm Post subject: Re: Strat Map for Battle of Berlin Reply with quote

battle map

berlin.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  60.45 KB
 Viewed:  14096 Time(s)

berlin.jpg

JaguarWolf

Rep: 8.1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:29 pm Post subject: Re: Strat Map for Battle of Berlin Reply with quote

thanks Sapa,

But why are the maps so different?

In the strategic map, when I make my movements, the Soviets are coming from the east.  But in scenario editor, they are coming from the south?

It is really confusing.  I want to be move my units to prepare for future attacks.  But I keep getting confused where to move them because both maps are different/confusing.

thanks

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:10 pm Post subject: Re: Strat Map for Battle of Berlin Reply with quote

Yes because Stalin wanted a competition between Zhukov and Konev - which led to huge Soviet losses in the reckless race between them.

I would like to see this great mod updated for LSA or TLD?  Not sure if Battle of Berlin v 2 still possible?

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

Dundradal

Rep: 27.9
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:34 am Post subject: Re: Strat Map for Battle of Berlin Reply with quote

I love this mod. I've got a GC going right now with the vetmod installed. All around great fun!

An upgrade to TLD would be great!

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message, Marathon Infinity

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:36 pm Post subject: Re: Strat Map for Battle of Berlin Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes because Stalin wanted a competition between Zhukov and Konev - which led to huge Soviet losses in the reckless race between them.

really? could you please tell more about that?

dj

Rep: 157.5
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:41 pm Post subject: Re: Strat Map for Battle of Berlin Reply with quote

Sarcasm - I am not giving you Western Imperialist propaganda.   Rolling Eyes

According your own people - Grigoriy Krivosheev - "...on declassified archival data, Soviet forces sustained 81,116 dead which included the Battles of Seelow Heights and the Halbe - 280,251 were reported wounded or sick during the operational period - with losses of 2,000 armored vehicles, though the number of irrevocable losses (write-offs) is not known."

Grigoriy I believe reviewed this data in 1972 - still under political pressure due to "Cold War" propaganda to conceal or at least minimize estimates.  So even these losses are extremely conservative I'm sure.  As far as the rivalry and competition - I did not fabricate or create my own facts.  This information is widely reported at least by Western historians - that Stalin wanted to give the prize of first commander to enter the heart of Berlin as competition between Konev and Zhukov.

Again we probably will never know the real #'s because both sides exaggerated casualty statistics for propaganda purposes.   Same argument yet again with Stalingrad casualties.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

Tippi-Simo

Rep: 53.1
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:14 pm Post subject: Re: Strat Map for Battle of Berlin Reply with quote

Link

Gitler Kaput!

"Du talar dalig svenska, men du är bra i sängen"

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:35 pm Post subject: Re: Strat Map for Battle of Berlin Reply with quote

Quote:
Sarcasm - I am not giving you Western Imperialist propaganda.

i'd say you are giving us the Western common knowledge Wink.

Quote:
According your own people - Grigoriy Krivosheev - "...on declassified archival data, Soviet forces sustained 81,116 dead which included the Battles of Seelow Heights and the Halbe - 280,251 were reported wounded or sick during the operational period - with losses of 2,000 armored vehicles,

yes, but do you know that the units lost 4.1% of total number of men as irretrivable losses?
Is 4.1% irretrivable losses high or not percentage for taking defended ("till the last man") enemy capital?
Check the casualties of the German army during op.Typhoon Smile.

Quote:
though the number of irrevocable losses (write-offs) is not known."

it is known.

Quote:
This information is widely reported at least by Western historians - that Stalin wanted to give the prize of first commander to enter the heart of Berlin as competition between Konev and Zhukov.

Ok, i have an order for operation before my eyes and i can't see anything regarding Konev taking Berlin.
Please prove that Stalin wanted a competition.

Quote:
Again we probably will never know the real #'s because both sides exaggerated casualty statistics for propaganda purposes.

Probably you are talking about the German losses as no document remained telling us how many they lost in those days.
The Soviet losses are well documented.

Quote:
Same argument yet again with Stalingrad casualties.

Do you have other numbers of RA losses around Stal than the numbers i posted back then at CSO?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Battle of Berlin

Jump to: