Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
hookah

Rep: 0.8

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:21 am Post subject: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Reply with quote

After starting a GC with a friend, we noticed that playin on normal speed (like we always have) makes taking most of the bridges extremely hard for the Allies to take. I wish there was a way for the demo timer to be adjusted according to what game speed you set. I think most people opt to play on fast anyways, but it would be nice Smile

golani_2

Rep: 5.6

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:33 am Post subject: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Reply with quote

Is it timer based?

I thought it's just like a button to press.

I had bridges blown up a sec. before I take them, sometimes with the troops actually on them...

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:06 am Post subject: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Reply with quote

Play as the Germans and you will see
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Dauphin

Rep: 12.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:08 am Post subject: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Reply with quote

See p65. Come on, do you expect this game to be easy. You can take a bridge does not mean that german troops won't defend it and just flee without blowing it. Here is the whome fun. Now you are facing difficulty

hookah

Rep: 0.8

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:52 pm Post subject: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Reply with quote

I never said i expect the game to be easy, and I'm playin axis in our GC. All im saying is that there are a couple maps where it would be impossible for the allied player to even make a dead run at the bridge and make it there with time left.
 We did continue our GC last night with speed set to fast, and I had a blast, so the problem really doesn't even apply to me anymore.

schrecken

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:53 pm Post subject: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Reply with quote

Fast = Normal speed
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Kojusoki

Rep: 22.7

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:24 am Post subject: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Reply with quote

i think some bridges were impossible to be taken in real life also...

Laszlo

Rep: 0.6

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:09 pm Post subject: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Reply with quote

Hi!

I think the system is wrong because when the germans blow up the bridge, they automatically lost, but it shouldnt mean it. Do you know any patch or something to avoid this problem?
Thanks!

Laszlo

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:54 pm Post subject: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Reply with quote

You could change the following line in the campaign.txt file;

# Force retreat on bridge demolition (1 = yes, 0 = no)

Laszlo

Rep: 0.6

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:28 pm Post subject: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Reply with quote

Thanks, but my campaign.txt file doesnt have this sentence and when I type it the program will close after a few seconds Sad

schrecken

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:54 am Post subject: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Reply with quote

Where did you buy your copy of LSA?

schrecken

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:55 am Post subject: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Reply with quote

I only failed to take 2 bridges in the entire campaign - H2H

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2632995

Aetius

Rep: 89.2
votes: 4

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:03 pm Post subject: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
You could change the following line in the campaign.txt file;

# Force retreat on bridge demolition (1 = yes, 0 = no)

I've searched in the campaign.txt file in the BASE folder to change this setting but can't find this line?

Is this setting removed in later versions? My version of LSA (legaly purchased) is patched to 5.60.01b.

Edward75

Rep: 3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:44 pm Post subject: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Reply with quote

FAST = Not Normal speed. Fast - Unrealistic speed of fire weapons, reloading weapons, movement of units, etc...
Although I know that everyone (default) like to play Fast, but fast is not normal speed.

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:29 am Post subject: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Reply with quote

SCHREKEN IS MY HERO  Rolling Eyes

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:58 pm Post subject: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Reply with quote

Quote:
I've searched in the campaign.txt file in the BASE folder to change this setting but can't find this line?

it's the last line in campaign .txt

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:47 pm Post subject: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Reply with quote

If it is not the last line in campaign.txt install the latest beta patch as it might have been added later...

Aetius

Rep: 89.2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:34 am Post subject: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Reply with quote

I've checked again and the last line (line 238) is a 1 from the #crossing sites chapter.

I'll wait unitil i've finished my current campaign before installing the most recent upgrade.

Thanks for the help.

papa_whisky

Rep: 42.2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:57 am Post subject: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Reply with quote

I haven't captured a bridge yet, push hard take horrendus casualties but never get there in time, I am playing on the hardest settings though. XXX Corps has got a lot of fixing to do.

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:03 pm Post subject: Re: normal speed makes taking bridges immpossible! Reply with quote

The hardest setting does make it harder as the timer is tied to the difficulty settings....

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: