Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Author
Edward75

Rep: 3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:19 am Post subject: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Reply with quote

Thank you very much for help! I'm happy  Very Happy
Other problem, your link for mod France1940 not available. Reloading please!

US_Brake

Rep: 24.2
votes: 22

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:20 pm Post subject: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Reply with quote

I got the Pac Mod beta for COI. Working OK. Thanks.

One of the best things about Close Combat III was that you could play almost any theatre of WWII with the various mods quickly and easily. Converting over all the CC3 to COI would be great for h2h games at Gameranger. Play an Op with a friend of 1940 France vs Germany. Mod swap play Western Front 1945 single day battle US vs Germ. Modswap, play Pacific Mod USMC vs Japan Guadalcanal Op.

Close Combat's most infamous SOB
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

US_Brake

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:05 pm Post subject: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Reply with quote

has 1940 been converted by anyone?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:07 pm Post subject: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Reply with quote

France 1940 should work now... seemed to go missing from the server

ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/closecombatcrossofiron/plugins/France_1940.cc3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

US_Brake

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:34 am Post subject: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Reply with quote

Thanks Shrecken.
France 1940 is one of the best mods ever made for CC3/COI. A real treat.

Blitzkrieg, Northern France, May 1940 by David Pentland.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  36.84 KB
 Viewed:  20795 Time(s)

Blitzkrieg, Northern France, May 1940 by David Pentland.jpg

Last edited by US_Brake on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

US_Brake

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:12 am Post subject: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Reply with quote

I have updated the list in the original post. So many cool Mods, a few with dust and cobwebs. I know many players moved on and never looked back after CC3. But there are many like myself who put this one at the top of the list. For me Cross of Iron has made the original CC3 playable again, in an improved form. I agree that post CC3 games are usually better for AI games. However COI has a great H2H dynamic and a style you dont find in others in the series.

If you have never played CC3/COI H2H you may want to add it to hardrive. COI gives you a broad range of H2H game types. 1 Day Battles are perfect when you have limited time. Or if you want to play several players in one afternoon or evening. Say, two players have more time on their hands a 3 Day Op might do nicely. Turn it into a mini campaign? Op with 15 Days. Every week you could finish a couple Ops with a fellow Grog. Best of all, you actually finish what you start.

Playing this way on regular basis tends to generate more of social and community vibe than when players just pair off to play GC's for weeks on end without mixing it up with the community. With the (very easy to use) scenario editor you can recreate historic battles or set up a tourney style scenario. Factor the Mods & Grand Campaigns' into that and you have many options for H2H play.

I don't expect all the CC3 mods will make conversion but the more the better. I have not listed the GC's or maps but they are just as important.

eicke1945.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  78.38 KB
 Viewed:  20757 Time(s)

eicke1945.jpg

DAK_Legion

Rep: 86.3
votes: 20

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:02 pm Post subject: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Reply with quote

Hi!

I think that this link must be here...........

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D923JIBR

It´s the Desert Storm 1991 for CoI,Unfinished Mod by CSO_Jim_McNeil with a few things added by DAK_Legion.

Instructions in the File.

Thanks

heia Safari!!

US_Brake

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:59 am Post subject: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Reply with quote

Of the Mods that havn't been ported what five would you like to have for COI most?

My Picks:

TT's Veterans Mod v1.2

Real Read 0822

Afrika v1.2

Panzerjager II

Overlord v110

Last edited by US_Brake on Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:03 pm; edited 3 times in total

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:52 am Post subject: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Reply with quote

Englander!

US_Brake

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:13 am Post subject: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Reply with quote

southern_land wrote (View Post):
Englander!

Englander is All UK troops from D-Day to Germany

englander.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  35.02 KB
 Viewed:  20645 Time(s)

englander.jpg

Last edited by US_Brake on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:30 am; edited 2 times in total

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:17 am Post subject: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Reply with quote

CoI is just about RR0822 - Ron gave his permission for his data changes to be used for CoI
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

US_Brake

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:54 am Post subject: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
CoI is just about RR0822 - Ron gave his permission for his data changes to be used for CoI

Right, I understood that. But if you are a player or a modder and want to play RR0822 or study it in its "pure" form you have to go back to CC3 and deal with all the issues of CC3. For someone with Vista it's  a real pain to get everything to work right. For example when I play CC3 now, I can't move left right up down on the map, I have to click on the mini map to look around the battlefield and the scroll speed is all whacked. When I switch between mods the files stick. Its a mess.

A solution for me would be to have RR 0822 converted to COI so that I could play it h2h and use it as I would any other mod. If someone converts RR then many of the sub mods like RR SS Mod RR with Iron Cross Sound would be available as well. I understand that COI teams and GCs are meant to be RR v10 and thats cool (assuming at some point the AT gun issue is fixed) but RR would be great to have for posterity on the COI platform. Some nice artwork (the original had none) with the Colonel's name on the Main Page. That would be a fitting tribute to Ron's seminal work.

In the same vein, having the original Close Combat III Teams & Graphics, including the dreaded Wurfs, etc. Would be fun to have on the COI platform as well.

Last edited by US_Brake on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

US_Brake

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:17 am Post subject: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Reply with quote

The New Mod

Korea: The Forgotten War by Bel8910

may soon be available for COI

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9206

DAK_Legion

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:55 pm Post subject: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Reply with quote

Hi!

anyone knows the status of this mod?...CCIII Indochine 1950-1954

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=lastup&cat=10624&pos=0

heia Safari!!

US_Brake

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:13 pm Post subject: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Reply with quote

That would be a cool mod.

indo screenshot

Last edited by US_Brake on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:34 am; edited 4 times in total

DAK_Legion

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:19 pm Post subject: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Reply with quote

in the screenshots seems to have been completed Wink

must be recovered at all costs Wink

heia Safari!!

US_Brake

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:10 pm Post subject: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Reply with quote

pj2modbyluer.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  9.79 KB
 Viewed:  19988 Time(s)

pj2modbyluer.jpg

Last edited by US_Brake on Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:50 pm; edited 10 times in total

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:09 pm Post subject: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Reply with quote

isn't Pzerjager already ported?

maybe not but this might increase your stock of mods  

http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/CoI/coimods.html

US_Brake

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:57 pm Post subject: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Reply with quote

southern_land wrote (View Post):
isn't Pzerjager already ported?

It hasn't been ported yet. GDS_Starfury made a custom GC for it, "Road to Moscow"

Last edited by US_Brake on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

DAK_Legion

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:42 pm Post subject: Re: Converting CC3 Mods to COI Reply with quote

Hi Brake!

interesting proposal;) Wink

maybe try to make something............

heia Safari!!

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Cross of Iron
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Jump to: