Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1180
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author

Balance between AT guns and Mortars in LSA
AT guns are spotted too easily
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
AT guns are too weakly protected agaisnt mortars and/or small arms fire
20%
 20%  [ 9 ]
Mortars are too powerfull/too accurate
13%
 13%  [ 6 ]
All of the above
48%
 48%  [ 22 ]
None of the above (Balance in LSA is fine as it is)
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 45

buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:34 am Post subject: MORTARS vs AT GUNS Reply with quote

Hello i just posted this in the matrix forums:

Poor Steiner has been complaining for so long about this but even since the latest patch it appears nothing has been done to fix Obvious inbalance between mortars and at guns on the battlefield

Steiner is not alone in his concerns I assure you. The chances are that simply most veteran players are simply waiting for someone to release a mod which will fix this issue just as DavidsFX has done with his GT mod for the The Longest Day mod which more people are now playing online than are playing the original version of TLD.

I dont seem to be able to create a poll personally so would somone else maybe one of moderators herePlease create a poll so we can realistic view of the general opinion on this issue from people who visit this forum.

I will just repeat what Steiner is trying to say which is currently the game balance IS BROKEN BECAUSE MORTARS ARE TOO POWERFULL/TOO ACCURATE AND AT GUNS ARE TOO EASILY SPOTTED/ TOO WEAKLY PROTECTED AGAINST MORTAR AND SMALL ARMS FIRE.

Mortars should have a chance of damaging the gun and injuring the crew but much less chance of outright destroying the gun eccpecially within only a few rounds and at great range.

EVEN JUST A MINOR ADJUSTMENT iN THE NEXT PATCH OF THE UNIT DATA FOR THESE TWO UNIT TYPES WOULD WORK WONDERS FOR THE GAMES PLAYABILITY and make a lot of gamers very happy.

Please can any of you matrix guys play a little of UTAH, GJS, TRSM, SAS, Stalingrad or any of the other most celebrated mods for CC5 so you can get a proper idea of HOW THE BALANCE BETWEEN THESE TWO ELEMENTS WORKS BEST.

Sorry for the rant but this really needs fixing.  

Im creating a poll here because there are more active CC players visiting this forum than the matrix forum and i believe more people with an accurate view on how CC gameplay should balanced for the players enjoyment particularly in H2H play.

Last edited by buuface on Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:12 am Post subject: Re: MORTARS vs AT GUNS Reply with quote

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Surveys&op=results&pollID=41&mode=thread&order=0&thold=-1
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:38 am Post subject: Re: MORTARS vs AT GUNS Reply with quote

interesting poll  Shocked [ this one... not the Link to the TLD poll ] [ altho that one is interesting too ] [ seems we all had a beef with the mortors in TLD too ]

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:25 am Post subject: Re: MORTARS vs AT GUNS Reply with quote

No, it looks like a minority of respondets had a problem

It says 62% don't have a problem.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Rep: 60.6

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:11 am Post subject: Re: MORTARS vs AT GUNS Reply with quote

schrecken wrote (View Post):
No, it looks like a minority of respondets had a problem

It says 62% don't have a problem.

too me it said 62% have problems with every aspect of mortars & AT guns  Rolling Eyes

We are the pilgrims, master. We shall go
 always a little further, it may be
beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
 across that angry or that glimmering sea.

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:10 pm Post subject: Re: MORTARS vs AT GUNS Reply with quote

Quote:
anyone can vote on these polls you dont even have to be a registered member of the forum. Many people who dont even have LSA or didnt even read carefully the title of the poll will have voted on it. In which case we can expect they would to vote "My life is a misery".

LOL

Only 25 Guns lost in the whole campaign here

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2632995&mpage=4&key=#

Does that sound excessive?

Red

Rep: 39.8

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:34 pm Post subject: Re: MORTARS vs AT GUNS Reply with quote

LOL

This means nothing, LSA and LDC are very poor projects!

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:24 am Post subject: Re: MORTARS vs AT GUNS Reply with quote

LMAO shrecken / andrew........indifferent works both ways  Very Happy
64% say they have issues  Very Happy

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:56 am Post subject: Re: MORTARS vs AT GUNS Reply with quote

Do you know what indifferent means?

unconcerned

buuface

Rep: 56.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:21 am Post subject: Re: MORTARS vs AT GUNS Reply with quote

Quote:
anyone can vote on these polls you dont even have to be a registered member of the forum. Many people who dont even have LSA or didnt even read carefully the title of the poll will have voted on it. In which case we can expect they would to vote "My life is a misery".

LOL

And you lost 24 tanks in the whole campaign including those destroyed by your opponents armour...

Maybe your opponent stopped bothering to buy more AT guns because they're price in req points outweighs their current benefit.

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:48 am Post subject: Re: MORTARS vs AT GUNS Reply with quote

And maybe the moon is made of cheese....  let's make some more wild guesses....

MF_Church

Rep: 26

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:12 am Post subject: Re: MORTARS vs AT GUNS Reply with quote

Very Happy  @   schrecken :)

I really do enjoy reading what you have to say sir!

It isn't fun being out there and taking 'it' on the nose just because you have had a personally share & view into the new re(releases).  (Not to mention a wealth of information about this site etc.!)  :D

My hat off to you!  tu for all of your support & help in here.  

It must seem like you are fighting alone (u aren't! Smile and maybe what i'd like to say next prob. isn't helping.

Sooo, even though the stats seem to say the majority of folks are ok with mortar rounds and the damage in the game...  for some, playability or even a fairer or 'realistic' damage would inspire more ATgun pickings and less mortar units... for those who love wiping out their opponents with Death from 'above'.    ;)

I love balance or being able to pick any and all units.  Feeling unfairly wiped out especially my ATgun from a one or 2 shot almost invisible and safe-ish / invincible opponent can suck the morale out of me.  

My 1 cent worth!  

Enjoy! CC gents!  Very Happy   &  tks.

schrecken

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:38 am Post subject: Re: MORTARS vs AT GUNS Reply with quote

There was going to be a patch for WaR that dealt somewhat with mortar power but it also equipped the crew with less accurate weapons that wouldn't fire until the enmy were at close quarters, simulting a specialized unit that didn't get into gun fights if it could help it.

This lowered their fighting value so that choosing more than 1 mortar team meant you gambled a lot on hitting pay dirt with their primary weapon.

But it is being looked at for LSA, no time frame though.

Amgot

Rep: 46.8

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:03 am Post subject: Re: MORTARS vs AT GUNS Reply with quote

There was going to be a patch for WaR that dealt somewhat with mortar power but it also equipped the crew with less accurate weapons that wouldn't fire until the enmy were at close quarters, simulting a specialized unit that didn't get into gun fights if it could help it.

This lowered their fighting value so that choosing more than 1 mortar team meant you gambled a lot on hitting pay dirt with their primary weapon.

Sounds like a good idea to me, why has it been abandoned?

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:56 pm Post subject: Re: MORTARS vs AT GUNS Reply with quote

Quote:

lol it is in CC5 mods for ages Smile

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:02 am Post subject: Re: MORTARS vs AT GUNS Reply with quote

Not in any stock CC game though... there is a difference.

Anyway, this was back in February 2009 along with a lot of other data fixes, map coding fixes, OVM's with trees as well as shadows... many provided by the community.

Last edited by schrecken on Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:51 am Post subject: Re: MORTARS vs AT GUNS Reply with quote

Hey Dima

Just had a quick look at GT data and I can't see that you have included this change that all CC5 mods have had?

Do you plan an upgrade or did you decide it wasn't necessary?

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:07 am Post subject: Re: MORTARS vs AT GUNS Reply with quote

Quote:
Just had a quick look at GT data and I can't see that you have included this change that all CC5 mods have had?

1)David asked for weapons and vehicles, he didn't ask for teams Smile.
2)Not all CC5 mods have them.

schrecken

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:02 pm Post subject: Re: MORTARS vs AT GUNS Reply with quote

You know... I've had to work with people like that.   Evil or Very Mad

Pzt_Kami

Rep: 44.2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:12 pm Post subject: Re: MORTARS vs AT GUNS Reply with quote

I really don't thaink that mortars are powerful ,actually they are fine imo. But in fact the guns are so vulnerable to Mortars ! and this vulnerability should be reduced a little (But not much)

Women are like flowers, I appreciate their beauty and fragrance without picking them off the branch, then I continue on to the next flower

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: