Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
arkturas

Rep: 8.5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:44 pm Post subject: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

Just wanted to know any ones thoughts on this - is it still worth a punt ?
Noticed a number of threads regarding bugs & issues - is it still a good game to buy?

Tippi-Simo

Rep: 53.1
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:53 pm Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

It depends if you have additional ~ 30 quid in your pocket.

"Du talar dalig svenska, men du är bra i sängen"

arkturas

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:09 pm Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

I'm kinda of hoping its a complete remake of the A bridge too far, that was a fantastic theatre.
In my opinion ABTF was a real turning point for the CC series.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:24 pm Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

I think it is worth it.... There are a lot of enhancements in LSA over previous versions of CC which resulted in a lot of the bug posts/talk but with each patch the game is getting the fixes it needs....

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:48 pm Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

Been playing a H2H campaign using the 21Beta patch

Great fun and very few issues... certainly none major that we've seen.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=2643756
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Tippi-Simo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:58 pm Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

And as Mooxe said: "welcome to our happy group of beta testers (first invest your 30 quid please)"

Heheh  Smile

arkturas

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:24 pm Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

Thanks gents, - an hour to go before the download finishes. Hopefully ill get a chance to run through a few maneuvers before the Mrs calls last rounds.
I opted for the download only version, anyone know where I can get some album covers if I decide to burn it to DVD ?

Tippi-Simo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:55 pm Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

Try torrent sites.

And I guess you can also use torrent file as your game file when you want to reinstall it. Just deposit your serial number.

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:06 pm Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

If you come from the originals, stick with them (one exception being CC4/WAR). If some reputable mods such as GJS get ported over to one of the new versions, maybe. All the re-makes are rather dry (weak Grand Campaigns).

At the current time, a modded CC5/CC3 is much more entertaining.

One exception being, if you are a Battle of the Buldge guy, take WAR over CC4.

Last edited by Troger on Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Tejszd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:28 pm Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

Hey arkturas what did/do you think?

Just interested as almost everybody here seems to be positive or negative. Doesn't appear to be any middle ground or depth to the feedback....

Here is a site with art for the game: http://www.mobygames.com/game/close-combat-the-longest-day/cover-art/gameCoverId,172842/

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:45 pm Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

Troger wrote (View Post):
Do yourself a favor and stick with the originals. All the re-makes feature dry, horrid gameplay but Last Standa Arnhem takes the cake. Don't waste your time or money.

Don't know about COI, WAR, TLD, or LSA. Sometimes, I like to think, I was "smart" enough to not involve myself.

Its not really a money issue. For me, its a time issue.

I bought CCMT, so if you can figure out how to get at the "Updates", this game is neither Dry or HORRID. It avoids, most of the poorly executed features, by simply not including them.

You get a pure wargame, with the best mission editor, and very few system contraints, which allow you to set up any scenario of your choosing.

Data modifications are easy, and the soldier actions, are an outstanding improvement of the base games of the 90's.

LostTemple

Rep: 59.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:34 am Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

Yeah.  Don't waste your money on LSA.  The best mods on CC5 make lsa look like a joke.  Stick to CC5 and enjoy years and years of great mods.

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:44 am Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

But then.. you have already shown you're not quite the full quid.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

pagskier

Rep: 25

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:54 am Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

I like it more than most stock CC games, but CCV mods beats the shit out of LSA

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:07 pm Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

pagskier wrote (View Post):
I like it more than most stock CC games, but CCV mods beats the shit out of LSA

I have been thinking about LSA, so I was wondering if you could elaborate on your remarks.

The reasons I haven't gotten LSA so far, are as follows:

1. I am not sure, but I cant seem to find at least thumbnails of all the maps.

2. It could take years for the debugging to take place, if in fact it is eventually finished.

3. I want to wait until it hits the bargain bin (under $ 20 or $ 15), as a matter of principle (i.e. not money).

Tejszd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:36 am Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

Stwa,

LSA comes with a pdf file that has thumbnails and full page map previews;

LSA Map Previews.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  197.58 KB
 Viewed:  17506 Time(s)

LSA Map Previews.jpg

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:01 am Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

what do you think of LSA Arkturas??

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

schrecken

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:57 am Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

ARKTURAS

RLI ring.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  24.36 KB
 Viewed:  17492 Time(s)

RLI ring.jpg

Mintok

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:53 pm Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

My brother & I are avid CC fans, LSA for us was a good game - nice remake of CC2:ABTF, IMO.

WillKnott

Rep: 41.6
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:05 am Post subject: Re: CC: LSA - is it worth purchasing Reply with quote

I like LSA.  I especially like one of the campaign enhancements.  This is the first version that doesnt make a battlegroup completely disband in every case off the map if they lose the battle.  In LSA, if you (or the computer AI) still control an exit VL that leads to a freindly map and force morale drops and the battle ends, your battlegroup will retreat back to that map instead of disappearing to the rear.  

I always hated the way CC4 and CC5 would remove a battlegroup full of men off the map if for the misfortune of one bad battle.  This often left nothing to stop the enemy for several rounds.  Now, if your battlegroup retreats to next map, you can 'live to fight another day'.   Makes playing the PC a little more tolerable too.  Gone are the days of CC5 where you could clean out the first few maps in the campaign vs the computer and walk unopposed all the way in.

I also like the merging of BG's  Nice way to get 2 weaker battlegroups into one stronger battlegroup to keep the fight going.

If the modding eventually starts to use LSA, I think some really nice GC's can be made with these improvements.  GJS and Stalingrad would be some good ones to port up to the new engine.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Last Stand Arnhem
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: