Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1180
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:07 pm Post subject: H2H Submod for Berlin Reply with quote

Sapa
Is there any way you would consider fixing BoB to run h2h?  I know there is a work around but its a little complicated and not readily transferable to facilitate wide adoption and use.

I know this topic has come up before and you were not inclined to address it but that was during a time when you were a little burned out on CC.  Now that you have reentered the ranks of CC activity it would be great if we could get a basic plugin submod that fixes the issue and allows those of us who play strictly h2h to play this great mod.

I have played BoB somewhat in the past but am so far beyond the capabilities of the AI that it holds no challenge for me and I would love to hook up with an opponent to try this mod out in an h2h environment.

Now I am not a techie and have no idea the complexity involved, so if its far to difficult of a task to accomplish then I will understand if you decide not to do it.  But if its a simple enough fix that can be done in a reasonable amount of time, you have the gratitude of many an h2h player for giving us access to this cool mod.

Here's hoping.  Thanks.

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:36 pm Post subject: Re: H2H Submod for Berlin Reply with quote

As i have told (i dont know how many times!) when i made the mod i didnt use the 5.01 patch and it was stupid of me but i wasnt aware of the importance for mp game....

As i have been told it is the CCResource file in CC5 main that is the problem. Three years ago i started on Berlin 2 but never finnished it and it is based on the 5.01 patch, here is the CCResource file for the 5.01 patch that i have used for Berlin 2.

The single battles is another problem but now i know how to solve it thanks to Tesjd!

Mats

CCResourceDLL.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  CCResourceDLL.rar
 Filesize:  16.38 KB
 Downloaded:  665 Time(s)

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:06 pm Post subject: Re: H2H Submod for Berlin Reply with quote

Sapa,

Are you still doing changes to the Berlin mod for yourself? Is Berlin 2 still on your hard drive?

Sapa

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:56 am Post subject: Re: H2H Submod for Berlin Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote (View Post):
Sapa,

Are you still doing changes to the Berlin mod for yourself? Is Berlin 2 still on your hard drive?

I have a CD backup of v.2 but there is tons of work left ;(  changed stratmap and new 5.01 exe aso...

After the attacks on me lately from different people i have desided to end it all, even asked if there is possible to remove Battle of Berlin, Karelia 2 and Tali-Ihantala from the the CCS server  Crying or Very sad

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:02 am Post subject: Re: H2H Submod for Berlin Reply with quote

That would be a loss for CC5 fans if you have them removed.... Maybe just take a bit of time away or stay out of the crap threads about Matrix/Re-releases/etc....

Last edited by Tejszd on Sun May 16, 2010 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Sapa

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:08 am Post subject: Re: H2H Submod for Berlin Reply with quote

Yes i will be silence from now on...

If you are interested i maybe could post a copy of the CD and send to Canada? Berlin 2 needs new vehicles, new graphics and a total remake to bee any good...

7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 10:48 am Post subject: Re: H2H Submod for Berlin Reply with quote

Noo!!  Shocked

You're one of the best modders out there, don't stop modding/remove mods 'cause people can't behave. Personally I'm not over-interested in the eastern front, but people are and I don't think anybody else creates mods for the Finish front? And even I would love a Berlin v.2, it's one of few versions of CC that's playable as the defender (I might have some prejudices about the Red Army, but I think they work best as the AI  Wink )

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

Dundradal

Rep: 27.9
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:45 pm Post subject: Re: H2H Submod for Berlin Reply with quote

Sapa wrote (View Post):

After the attacks on me lately from different people i have desided to end it all, even asked if there is possible to remove Battle of Berlin, Karelia 2 and Tali-Ihantala from the the CCS server  Crying or Very sad

That is the worst news I've seen since I got here.

I really like the Berlin mod. I would love to see it updated for H2H, or converted to TLD.

Don't worry about a few douchebags. I'm guaranteeing you have far more supporters than detractors!

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message, Marathon Infinity

Dundradal

Rep: 27.9
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:15 pm Post subject: Re: H2H Submod for Berlin Reply with quote

I should note that when I first discovered CC mods and this website a 2 months back, the first mod I downloaded and played was Battle of Berlin. I figured it would be awesome to play as the Germans trying to hold off the Soviet horde and vice versa. Playing this mod H2H would be awesome.

It is a fantastic mod. So please don't pack up and leave.

Thanks.

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message, Marathon Infinity

graves101

Rep: 8.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:24 am Post subject: Re: H2H Submod for Berlin Reply with quote

The same could easily be said for me. When I arrived to ccs and took a look at the cc5 mods section, instantly, Battle of Berlin was the first thing I dled and played. The scenarios where one side is underhanded to a greatly superior enemy are my favourite (Winter War, Battle of Berlin). I really enjoy the Winter War mod (and hope to find a regular opponent, as few seem interested to play) while Battle of Berlin would be a wet dream come true in h2h form.

rufus

Rep: 50.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:15 pm Post subject: Re: H2H Submod for Berlin Reply with quote

Hi all

it's not that hard to get the berlin mod working H2H just copy and paste the original CCResorceDLL.dll folder,go to your computer then  program files then ssi then close combat normandy invasion. into your cfvg13 manager packages berlin mod and thats it. any 1 fancy a camapaign either ww mod or berlin   p.m me im in the u.k,really great mod's pity they are not played more.

vonB

Rep: 32.6
votes: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:16 am Post subject: Re: H2H Submod for Berlin Reply with quote

Sapa, life is like that.  You can be nice to 1000 people, but a few of them are going to hate you.  That's just Human Beings for you.  I can understand it can be demoralising, but I can bet you are respected by more than not.   I have spent over 10 years trying to support the CC Community, and have had some very distasteful comments fired at me.  Words words words...  I can understand more getting burned out by (over) involvement, but is taking a few negative comments personally worth it?

I don't think CCS has ever removed any Community contributed Files on the request of the author(s)?  I could be wrong, but I don't know of any.  It has been the cause of some antagonism in he past.

So look to your supporters and take heart.  Your qualities are known and appreciated.  Just measure your involvement and avoid that burn out...

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:51 am Post subject: Re: H2H Submod for Berlin Reply with quote

The work you have put in your mods has not gone without notice, Sapa. You can't let a few negative experiences eat at you. Just take a couple minutes and look at all the positives threads in the BoB section. Plenty of people telling you how much they enjoy it, and they haven't even played h2h! Don't let your talent go to waste, I really hope you reconsider!!

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:30 am Post subject: Re: H2H Submod for Berlin Reply with quote

vonB wrote (View Post):
I don't think CCS has ever removed any Community contributed Files on the request of the author(s)?  I could be wrong, but I don't know of any.  It has been the cause of some antagonism in he past.

Thats correct, I do not remove any files for these types of incidents. I am immune from the drama that created the request, and the drama that me saying no creates.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:19 am Post subject: Re: H2H Submod for Berlin Reply with quote

Laughing

Translation: Upload wisely.  Idea

On some of the old CFS fan sites, the author wars were almost religous. This was usually complicated by the server administrators, who would claim ownership of all the stuff that was sent to them.  Laughing

At some times, it was downright humorous, but you couldn't make fun of the author's situations, because they had dumped so much blood and sweat into their mods, it made them crazy.  Laughing

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:09 pm Post subject: Re: H2H Submod for Berlin Reply with quote

Stwa wrote (View Post):
Translation: Upload wisely.  Idea

Your are absolutely right. If you publish a file on the internet you better be prepared for it to stay there for years. I have removed mods due to compatibility problems, not in plugin format or superceded by a new version. A scorched earth policy is selfish and won't work here as it doesnt fit in with the purpose of CCS. I refuse to get involved in that rediculous drama.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Battle of Berlin

Jump to: