Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
 Author
platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:53 am Post subject: VETBoB 71712 Reply with quote

Still a Beta and by no means finished,Just thought I'd get it out there and see.
Finding time to work on this hasn't been easy.
VETBoB

Here is a list of changes made so far.

Removed the blue background for all Icons and went with the WaR green background.

Added Erie Wind sound.Sound #84

Brought back the original Schonberg map that first came with WaR.
Swapped the Eifel1 and Eifel2 maps.

Changed the Campaign text file to include Night Battles,Ability to rest BG's,diff-based Artillery,Naval and Air support as well as Supply.Also added Auto-Add remove teams from FP although currently set at 0 for No.

Added one Night Battle for the morning of December 16th in the Grand Campaign.

Recycle or Disbanded BG's never come back.

Some color editing to tanks.

Changed the Main Splash screen,thanks to the guys at the BotB Mod for Company of Hero's for the graphics.

Changed the Status Screen again thanks to the guys at the BotB Mod for Company of Hero's for the graphics.

Added Medals and the names to the Soldier Screen.CCImages.pix
(soldierscreen.tga)

Increased the SEPOPUP_000.tga from 20 to 25 slots to allow for 25 teams to be displayed.

Changed the SOKILL graphics back to TT's graphics.
(SOKILLGUN_000.tga through SOKILLVEHICLE_000.tga )

Recolored/Removed Timer graphics,by doing so hopefully prevents players from making last minute VL charges.Located in the GameGadg.AZP (TIMECOLON_000.tga through TIMERNUMBER_009.tga)

Recolored/Removed Moral Bar graphics,by doing so prevents opponents from knowing ones exact state of Moral during game.GameGadg
(AMERICANMORALE_000.tga through AMERICANMORALE_010.tga)
And
(GERMANMORALE_000.tga through GERMANMORALE_010.tga)

Changed the "Red" Land-Mine graphics that appear on the .OVM's,Now they are a True White and no longer displayed in the game. I hope you remembered which Maps had Mines !  Laughing

Changed the Scenario Editor Screen(CCImages.pix) to have Historical Dates
Also changed the Buttons.
(SEDAY01_000.tga through SEDAY25_000) rather than # of days.

Changed the Days on the Strategic Map to display Historical Dates rather then # of days.
(STRDAY06_000.tga through STRDAY31_000.tga)

Corrected the Fatigue/Cohesion graphics on the Strategic Map,they are now WAR Green and not CCIV Blue.

Added the 150 Panzer Brigade BG.(Operation Grief)

Added the Brittish 29th Armored Brigade BG.
(The above 2 BG's still need to be added to your GC through the Scenario Editor)

I'm happy to say that Salhexe has done a VET Mod for this Mod but I have not been able to implement it to the game as of yet.
It's requiring a lot more time than I expected to add all his editing to the Data/Base files.
Edit:
I'm not sure if this can be done the way I want it to be.

After that's done the next list of changes wont be for a long time but will be along the lines of  new .OVM's,New Strategic Map,New Debrief Screen,New Scenario Editor Screen.
The new .OVM's will be a smaller version of the ones I did with the Trees overlayed on them to meet those with smaller computer specs and to include Entrance Location's for all current Exit VL's to the next corresponding map.(I think I explained that properly?)

Also tinkering with codding AT_Guns to be Vehicles in order to get those Wrecks to appear.

Last edited by platoon_michael on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:45 am; edited 18 times in total

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:39 am Post subject: Re: VETBoB Beta Reply with quote

Thanks platoon_michael...

Real life is busy here too, so I'm not sure when or how much time I'll get playing the mod but I'm definitely grabbing it....

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:36 am Post subject: Re: VETBoB Beta Reply with quote

For those of you who enjoy messing with Data or just want to learn I believe this is as good a place to start as any.
It's big it's bulky but very simplified Excel file I have been working with.
Should also make it very easy to edit the Force Pools.
I would enjoy hearing if the hyperlinks work. (I hope they do)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/31nn0n1k9roco8a/My%20VetBoB%20Conversion.zip

yuma

Rep: 11.6

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:48 am Post subject: Re: VETBoB Beta Reply with quote

thanks PM!!

Edward75

Rep: 3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:07 pm Post subject: Re: VETBoB Beta Reply with quote

Thanks! Great!

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:28 pm Post subject: Re: VETBoB Beta Reply with quote

It's just something for those interested to goof around with.
Don't expect too much and you wont be disappointing.

At least this way I have something uploaded and don't have to worry about loosing anything to god forbid a computer crash.

Pz_Meyer

Rep: 0.4

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:13 pm Post subject: Re: VETBoB Beta Reply with quote

it's awesome Platoon Michael, i used the scenario creator and played just one battle so far but it rocks. even have night battles

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:29 am Post subject: Re: VETBoB Beta Reply with quote

Thanks.
Still looks a little ugly due to some of the BG_Unit Icons not being changed yet,but that's minor work.
The GS_Unit Icons I may leave with the original blue background as it provides more contrast making them easier to see.

Still hoping someone can have a look at the Uniforms.

UO0013.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  51.51 KB
 Viewed:  28458 Time(s)

UO0013.jpg

UO0012.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  73.56 KB
 Viewed:  28458 Time(s)

UO0012.jpg

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:45 am Post subject: Re: VETBoB Beta Reply with quote

Hard to find good Troop Icons.
I also added a pretty good eerie wind to the Ambient sounds.
Once completed I'll doo a good list of changes like Tejszd does for Meuse.

UO0017.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  143.8 KB
 Viewed:  28451 Time(s)

UO0017.jpg

UO0018.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  137.41 KB
 Viewed:  28451 Time(s)

UO0018.jpg

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:12 am Post subject: Re: VETBoB Beta Reply with quote

Try using the TLD icons or something. I think they escaped into the domain.

They are not as nice as the original CC4 icons, but you can mod them easily for the new stuff.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:09 pm Post subject: Re: VETBoB Beta Reply with quote

I really dislike the look of those.

I'll just keep searching the internet.

Pz_Meyer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:15 pm Post subject: Re: VETBoB Beta Reply with quote

mine works, however i seem to crash due to a sound problem, may be my sound card. tried to update the drivers but had problems with dell dl center.  something about not enough sound memory. other wise it's a blast to play, i completely forgot how devastating the calliope was.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:34 am Post subject: Re: VETBoB Beta Reply with quote

Do you get any sound like Weapons the clicking of buttons etc etc.
The Eerie Wind.WAV was pretty big,I wonder if it's too big?

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:18 am Post subject: Re: VETBoB Beta Reply with quote

Check back late this week.
I'll replace that sound and you can try that out.

I made the wind .wav file very large as it would then be able to cover a .30 minute battle.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:18 pm Post subject: Re: VETBoB Beta Reply with quote

Found everything needed to complete/replace all the BG_Unit Icons today. :)

Now to re size/Edit/Recolor them and get them in the game. :(

Anyone else having a problem with the Sounds?

Pz_Meyer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:31 pm Post subject: Re: VETBoB Beta Reply with quote

if i turn the sound off then it works perfectly. i still think i have a driver problem

Rep: 60.6

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:37 am Post subject: Re: VETBoB Beta Reply with quote

nice work man

in a single battle as german, i used air support, but nothing happened... the gun crew left their gun, but i saw no air plane attack?????

and can't forward observers not being configured so they can be usefull in buildings?

We are the pilgrims, master. We shall go
 always a little further, it may be
beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
 across that angry or that glimmering sea.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:29 am Post subject: Re: VETBoB Beta Reply with quote

The only Air Support the Germans have is through the default option from WAR.
Any idea what type of plane it was?.I guess it could be an error on my part.

If you were playing as the Allies and saw no planes that can come from one of the 2 soldiers being killed (looking into making that a 1 man Team instead of a 2 man Team).Might help me with making the Planes run and timing of the explosions look better.

I've been thinking about re-configuring FO's so that they may fire from buildings but that option was not available in TT's original Mod.
There is 1 Axis team that can fire Nebelwefers without LOS but not sure if he can fire from a building.I'll look into it.
In the original VETBoB by TT that was not an option.I do atleast think they should be able to fire Smoke from a building.
I'm afraid if I do that the Mod will be labeled as being to heavy with the support.
I believe the support teams were used in VETBoB to overcome the inability to Hex Edit the support in CCIV.I left them in there despite that not being a problem in WAR just to be true to the Mod.
The Force Pools are also in no way shape or form completed,while most of them are as close to original to the Mod I have changed quite a few based solely on game-play and a the simple fact that I want to see everything in my FP thats fun to play with. Smile
A few FP's need to be well how should I say?..better done.

Also some of the Schreks don't fire from a building just so you know.

Next update will have all the proper graphics for the BG_Unit Icons.

Rep: 60.6

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:37 pm Post subject: Re: VETBoB Beta Reply with quote

platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
The only Air Support the Germans have is through the default option from WAR.
Any idea what type of plane it was?.I guess it could be an error on my part.

If you were playing as the Allies and saw no planes that can come from one of the 2 soldiers being killed (looking into making that a 1 man Team instead of a 2 man Team).Might help me with making the Planes run and timing of the explosions look better.

I've been thinking about re-configuring FO's so that they may fire from buildings but that option was not available in TT's original Mod.
There is 1 Axis team that can fire Nebelwefers without LOS but not sure if he can fire from a building.I'll look into it.
In the original VETBoB by TT that was not an option.I do atleast think they should be able to fire Smoke from a building.
I'm afraid if I do that the Mod will be labeled as being to heavy with the support.
I believe the support teams were used in VETBoB to overcome the inability to Hex Edit the support in CCIV.I left them in there despite that not being a problem in WAR just to be true to the Mod.
The Force Pools are also in no way shape or form completed,while most of them are as close to original to the Mod I have changed quite a few based solely on game-play and a the simple fact that I want to see everything in my FP thats fun to play with. Smile
A few FP's need to be well how should I say?..better done.

Also some of the Schreks don't fire from a building just so you know.

Next update will have all the proper graphics for the BG_Unit Icons.

In my opinion it has to do with realism... firing a panzerschreck/bazooka from narrow spaced buildings can be very dangerous for the shooter, same for firing a mortar inside a building. Very Happy
a forward observer does not fire himself, he only observe and give fire missions/ fire corrections to the mortar teams

and regarding the air support... i had the option in a single battle, but there wasn't even no plane... the only thing i saw was the yellow smoke  Laughing

We are the pilgrims, master. We shall go
 always a little further, it may be
beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
 across that angry or that glimmering sea.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:16 am Post subject: Re: VETBoB Beta Reply with quote

I do have graphics in there for all the Planes,and it appears that the data looks OK.
Any chance you remember what type of Plane it was?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Goto page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Jump to: